• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I am almost sure that you never seen this NSX before !

Hi everybody,

I posted a new page on my website about an unique NSX relooked by a French designer Bruno Berard in 1996.
http://www.macs.ch/homepages/david/New_Pages/Gallery18.html

This article comes from a French magazine "Option Auto/january 1997" that I found today in my archives.

I tried to translate the text from french to english...sorry if it's not perfect !
redface.gif

David

Ick - why didn't the guy just buy a Lotus instead?
smile.gif

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

Have that issue of that magazine in my throne
room.
Hadn't thought about it until you posted.
It is fugly.
Len

Chaque à son goût. Ce n'est pas à moi.

(TRANSLATION: Each to his own taste. That's not mine.)

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 08 September 2002).]

Je fais goûter plus d'argent puis. J'ai dépensé beaucoup de lui rendant ma voiture lente et laide. Mon seulement espoir d'obtenir mon dos d'argent serait si quelqu'un détruisait ma voiture mais j'aurais un moment difficile montrer que la destruction n'était pas une amélioration

Translation: "I have more money then taste. I spent a lot of it making my car slow and ugly. My only hope of getting my money back would be if someone distroyed my car but I would have a hard time proving that the distruction was not an improvement"

smile.gif

Originally posted by matteni:
Je fais goûter plus d'argent puis. J'ai dépensé beaucoup de lui rendant ma voiture lente et laide. Mon seulement espoir d'obtenir mon dos d'argent serait si quelqu'un détruisait ma voiture mais j'aurais un moment difficile montrer que la destruction n'était pas une amélioration

Translation: "I have more money then taste. I spent a lot of it making my car slow and ugly. My only hope of getting my money back would be if someone distroyed my car but I would have a hard time proving that the distruction was not an improvement"

smile.gif

Das Beste order Nicht.
Nick what's the story with the mods?

I'm sure you haven't seen this one either
smile.gif

kanaruse5-img600x450-1030852678nsx01.jpg

kanaruse5-img600x410-1030852705nsx02.jpg

I may have to agree with Ken this time
wink.gif

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Originally posted by matteni:

smile.gif

LOL !
smile.gif

I agree completely with you, this NSX is in the top ten of the most ugly NSX I have ever seen !

Chris, yours...(well,the one in the picture you posted here not your wonderful white NSX
biggrin.gif
) is TERRIBLE too !
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Enzo (edited 09 September 2002).]

I think they look cool, especially the one Chris posted. Who owns it Chris? Have his/her email?

But yah, to each his own
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

It's quite amusing to see different approaches people have to recreating a beautiful design. You have to give the owners credit for creativity. I particularly like the mesh inserts on the widebody portion of the rear but that's where it ends. I bet if Comptech were to ever sell just the rear portion of their widebody kit many people would buy it .. (My opinion)

The rear tail lighting should have remained stock. The whole Ferrari wannabe rear end starts to cheapen the whole idea. On the other hand why not just buy kit car and build a Ferrari look-a-like using a Fiero chassis instead of completely ruining a beautiful NSX to achieve the same results. The money spent on the mods could have bought them a "real" Ferrari. The silver NSX sort of looks like a Porsche 930 widebody.

Must be nice to have money to burn.

Originally posted by Enzo:

I tried to translate the text from french to english...sorry if it's not perfect !
redface.gif

David

Hi Enzo! I would be pleased to help you translating from french to English, because je parle très bien Français mon cher!

Just send me the article...

Effer

By the way, that french text is really ugly ( very badly translated... )

Je fais goûter plus d'argent puis. J'ai dépensé beaucoup de lui rendant ma voiture lente et laide. Mon seulement espoir d'obtenir mon dos d'argent serait si quelqu'un détruisait ma voiture mais j'aurais un moment difficile montrer que la destruction n'était pas une amélioration.

This would go like this in English:

With me, I can make to money the privilege to participate to more tasting happenings!!!

I have spend a lot of him (??? ) thus making my car slow and ugly. My "lonely" hope to get my back money ( back in the ONLY sense of the human body part!!! TRUE!
smile.gif
) would be if somebody would destroy my car but I would have a hard time "show" that destruction would not have an improvement.

Sounds great isn't it????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

By the way, I agree, they are...fugly!!!

Little mistake:

destruction would not have an improvement.

be

not have but be.

Sorry!

I also forgot to consider the word: puis, in the first sentence wich means then after...

effer

Originally posted by effer:
By the way, that french text is really ugly ( very badly translated... )

Sounds great isn't it????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

This is why we can't rely only (or "lonely"
biggrin.gif
) on an Internet website to do a translation. You can take all the words and enter them into a translator (like this one) but it's likely to translate some individual words wrong, like using the word for back (the body part) in a sentence about getting your money back.
biggrin.gif
Even though it's only my third language and I'm not great at it, I can spot errors in the French I get back from those websites.

BTW, the person who came up with that alleged "translation" was matteni (Nick), not Enzo (David). David is from Switzerland, and even the Swiss I know from the German-speaking areas are quite fluent in French.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 09 September 2002).]

The red one looks like he was trying very hard to make it look like a 2nd gen MR2.

Chris, please tell me the silver one was a bad photoshop job and not a real car.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Even though it's only my third language and I'm not great at it, I can spot errors in the French I get back from those websites.

BTW, the person who came up with that alleged "translation" was matteni (Nick), not Enzo (David). David is from Switzerland, and even the Swiss I know from the German-speaking areas are quite fluent in French.

Hi nsxtasy! How are you!

You do very well in French, and you surely LOL with the money back issue!!!

Richtig about the Swiss situation.

I knew that Matteni brought it. I said THAT text is badly translated.

BTW Hi Matteni!

Concerning people having more money than taste, I think this is a blessing in a sense.

The cold that makes you enjoy warmness!!!

It is also "fantastic" to see how some people rely on that false assumption:

My car's beauty is directly proportionnal to the amount of stuff I put on it. The more, the nicer!!!

effer

I can't speak French like some of you, but I have to agree with the caption on the third page: "Question de style"

No problem there, I will question de style all day long!

Kevin

Back