• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I cannot believe the numbers on this NSX report

consumer review of NSX.states wholesale in mint condition at auction to be 15,000 to 16,000 for NSX 91 model. that cant be right given the market prices we have paid and posted here.this is the link..scroll to the bottom:
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2334.htm

david

[This message has been edited by BadCarma (edited 01 July 2002).]

I dont know where they got the numbers but they must have been in amsterdam. somebody was smokin something.what a joke

If those values indicate what a dealer will pay for trade-in... they are not far off at all. Out of curiosity, I once checked how much a dealer would pay on trade-in for a 92. It was between 18-22K... about 5K below Kelly Blue Book trade-in. Apparently, that's the average. They pay about 5K below Blue Book Trade-in value. It's all confusing to me since I'm not a dealer. What's the point of having a Kelly trade-in value if the dealer gives 5K below that value. Why not have it reflect the actual value dealers will pay?

The consumer watchdog rags are great source of information if your shopping for a toaster; getting automotive advise from them
is having your chiropractor treat your cancer.

The review isn't that bad...

The prices are wacko. It appears -- without running a calculation -- that they used some sort of straight line depreciation method with new car price as a basis. Meaningless.

I agree, I think the review is very accurate. The used prices, while may be true to what a dealer will offer, are totally useless in the real work. A clean 1991 with 60K miles is still worth near 30K. They probably should have mentioned the market value of the car.

Most franchise car dealers will give you the worst deal in trade ins. That's because of their big buying power they get prices no other type of dealers can compete with locally. So the smaller used car dealers will probably pay what the trade in value is on the KBB. Large dealers hate to stock older cars because they are harder to sell and take up inventory space. Hope this helps.

Wow...if that is accurate, I guess i waaaay overpaid for my car..

------------------
'91 BLK/BLK
"SLAKJAW"

Back