• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If you need a good technician . . . .

Hi Phoenix NSX'ers. I've recently retired from Boeing in LA and moved out here to Gold Canyon. Now I've got time and could use a few extra bucks, so if you need work done on your NSX give me a call and let's talk. I can do the work or simply assist you with technical instruction while providing all the tools and equipment available within my extensive air-conditioned workshop. In addition I have engine building, fabrication and machining capability for any of your special projects. I also do just about anything associated with your motocross bike if that’s your interest (as mine). Check out some of the things I’ve done with my NSX on my website www.mscperformance.com. If interested contact Mark Christman, Cell 602 752 0083.

email [email protected]

Last edited:
what part of town are you in? i do recall some of your custom fabbed work on the NSX. Impressive.

I'm in Gold Canyon just East beyond Apache Junction on the 60 (out in the boonies). No HOAs out here and the neighbours don't complain about the noise. Mostly retired people or snowbirds. Lots of "car guys" out here also. Mark.

Welcome to AZ Mark!!!

Thanks. I'm not looking forward to the hot months but so far it's been very enjoyable. I've only been here a couple of months but I'm already bored of retirement (at the ripe old age of 55). I'm only a few minutes from open desert where I can go riding but there aren't many MX tracks around here (ET Motosports is close but never open for practice during the week). So I figure I can use all my tools and knowledge to help NSX folks with limited budgets and have fun at the same time. It's hard for me to imagine how much a dealer or good shop charges since I've never had to use one but some of the prices I've seen for typical maintenance stuff is ridiculous. I’d probably be able to save someone 60% plus on labor, more if you want to lend a hand. Unfortunately, Acura is still going to screw us on OEM parts. Anyway, my garage/shop is almost finished and it’s got a good-sized man-cave for potential NSX get-togethers and parties (yes I have a pool as well). So any of you local NSX’ers (or any kind sports car for that matter) are welcome to stop by and shoot the bull.

Mark.

Last edited:
Welcome to the desert. Its a dry heat they always say. Hopefully you kept contacts in CA area to get out of the heat for a weekend during the really bad months here. Many of us head to the mountains on weekends. I am also thinking of retiring at 55 just 2 years away. Will keep you in mind for future maintenance. Come to Cars & Coffee in Scottsdale on May 4th Southeast corner of Scottsdale Rd and Doubletree Ranch. You will enjoy and I will have my NSX there.

Welcome to the desert. Its a dry heat they always say. Hopefully you kept contacts in CA area to get out of the heat for a weekend during the really bad months here. Many of us head to the mountains on weekends. I am also thinking of retiring at 55 just 2 years away. Will keep you in mind for future maintenance. Come to Cars & Coffee in Scottsdale on May 4th Southeast corner of Scottsdale Rd and Doubletree Ranch. You will enjoy and I will have my NSX there.

Yea, I’ve noticed there are lots of car shows around here. I went to an “over the hill gang” event a couple of weeks ago. Lots of classics, hot rods and muscle cars. The club President lives down the street and he’s got a HUGE car garage (plus he’s a really nice guy). I feel kind of like a poser since my own NSX is still sans engine. As usual, after I built the bottom end for more HP (it broke all the stock ring lands at 450), I decided to design and build my own dry sump oil system and it took much longer than I expected. All that’s left is finishing the long block and re-installation. Again, as usual, I’m conceptualizing a unique twin turbo layout incorporating a split bank intake manifold to eliminate the acoustic interference inherent in six cylinder engines using a common plenum. I’d need two throttle bodies, two machined manifolds and two plenums with individual intercoolers. I’m in the process of 3D scanning the entire engine compartment, engine, etc, so I have a computer model to play with. It takes time but it’s better than the old “cut and try” methods. Problem is I never seem to be able to leave my car alone long enough to actually drive it around and show it off. It’s a never ending process and a labor of love. That’s why I like working on other people’s cars. The jobs are smaller (compared to my projects) and I get the satisfaction of a job well done. Guys that would rather work on rather than drive know what I’m talking about. Anyway, hope to see you on the 4th.

Back