• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Imola GP!!!!

All I saw on formula1.com live timing pages was Button having a 20s lead with around 30-40 laps to go. Most of the time, an advantage like that would ensure whatever place you were in. Then MS kept lapping in the 1.22s and Button in the 1.24s and before you know it.

Even if MS did not pass Button, he would have gained 2nd on the pitstop. Hadn't been for MS's crazy charge, I was anticipating a BAR-H 2,3 or possibly a win. I just hope that this race was not our best chance for a win this season.

Btw, haven't really followed MS too much but he seems like a pretty nice guy. At press conferences, he doesn't boast and hardly ever criticizes his team. But many call MS arrogant. I know that he does tend to make crazy or even intentional "other car-race over" passing maneuvers. I guess that is why many hate him. Or they are just aiming for the top.

With all the talk about Schumacher's performance at Imola, I would like to remind everyone that Alonso's driving during the final 12 laps was brilliant, too. He showed that he is a very skilled driver, especially considering that his car was having problems.

Go Renault and Go BAR Honda

K.O. said:
Btw, haven't really followed MS too much but he seems like a pretty nice guy. At press conferences, he doesn't boast and hardly ever criticizes his team. But many call MS arrogant. I know that he does tend to make crazy or even intentional "other car-race over" passing maneuvers. I guess that is why many hate him. Or they are just aiming for the top.

I like Schumacher. I think he carries himself very well. I never got the impression that he is arrogant from all his interviews.

That being said, I think all racing car driver has an ego. They must have. I think Jacques Villenueve said it best, that each one of them believe they are the best driver in the world. And given the same equipments, any of them can win. If a racing car driver don't believe that, he might as well concede the win.

Alonso is definitely a new talent. He showed a great composure, that no other youg driver did. He held up Schumacher and didn't crack under pressure. Eventhough Kimi is in the same league, the Iceman actually don't do that well under pressure. I remember on his first chance to win a race he cracked when Michael was hounding him and finally managed to passed him about 2 laps before finish.

I got back from a weekend trip expecting to watch the Imola GP on Tivo and was disappointed to find out that I didn't get the race. Looks like Speed is playing the race on Friday and that's what my Tivo season pass has it set for.

I'll be at the Indy GP....

brahtw8 said:
I understand the 'controversy' has been resolved, but for purposes of clarity.

I was initially unsure of where to post this thread. I considered posting it in the General forum and in off-topic, but I decided on this forum with the understanding that non-NSX racing topics were allowed. I believe that is correct, as has been stated above.
Off topic: You may watch Lud's comment on this case here .
On topic: see the latest development in this thread .

Last edited:
Back