• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Inaugural Honda Challenge Championship

the nsxnut said:
Dude, come out from behind your smack-talking anonymity. You appear to be a trolling scumbag, with no understanding of who/what goes on on this board. What do you know about what an NSX is/isn't capable of on the track? Do you even own an NSX? How many track days experience do you have? How many competition licenses do you hold? How many laps have you done at Road Atlanta? Currently, You have absolutely ZERO cred on this board. If you want to establish any, you should come clean, and give some references. You have not EARNED the right to make critical commentary about anyone else here. Of course, the miracle of the internet and the freedom of Lud's NSXPrime makes it POSSIBLE for you to do so, but that doesn't make it right. :rolleyes:

My name is Mark Hicks, and I approved this post.

Bah wish I would have cleared my client in time to post before many here are in bed (holy cow airports are screwed right now)... Alas I will look tomorrow after my flight lands as I suspect the slaying will get more interesting..

First of all let me say that after reading the continued slaying it would be awfully easy for me to run along but I believe that I should answer questions posted here out of respect for coming into this board anonymously. I also would appeal that I am not smack talking, quite the contrary as I posted factual comments, said when "it was my opinion" and posted actual laptimes and facts around cars at Road Atlanta.

I will answer these one at a time. Since this board is in complete denial about facts let me point out some more along the way. I will officially fall into troll mode and this will more than likely be my last post. Since no intelligence is possible in this thread (sans Brian) I will change my language to more troll-like mode as well. I would say though that while I somehow was mentioned as "above 12 years old" and being sworn at, I did not stoop to such a level. I would say I deserve it, however probably wasn't necessary.

Everyone here should go to mylaps.com enter Road Atlanta and then look at results for any closed wheel class that is applicable to this cars capability. While you are at it look 2/3/4/5 classes slower (GT-2, GT3, GT4, SPO, SPU, T-1, T2, hell even ITS) cars from 190RWHP to 650 (GT-1 is 650 average) and weights from 2200 pounds (SPU) to 3400 (T-2) that run times competitive....

Now on to more factoids:

1. I love the car. Love the look, think it is very well prepared and is obivously capable of being fast.
2. I am a NSX fan.
3. I had a NSX street car that I tracked a bit, nothing serious and back in autocross days. I was not very fast, but got me hooked (happens to all of us doesn't it) :) Eventually I built my first race car and started the real deal (1996)
4. This thread started as a "jump on my jock" thread about the car and turned into how much power, how fast can it go and what times will you run at Road Atlanta etc. A thread like this is to be expected and I have no shame to admit I have made multiple similar posts on nearly every car I have owned from a drag racer to autocross, to multiple street cars and now several race cars in different classes. I am not knocking that.
However, couple points made by the owner/driver of this car "overkill I know, but I wanted to put some whoop-ass to the local guys running unlimited GT-1 and Trans-Am cars". Sorry never going to happen unless it is a driver in a new car on a novice permit. The lap times show that. Can't wait to see what happens at Mid-Ohio where the best national drivers have all kinds of lap times posted there to look at in comparison but that is another story.
5. Someone asked what kind of times the owner/driver expected to run. His answer 1.29's. After re-reading I do see that the poster said while the car is capable of running 1.29's he expected to run high 130's so I partially withdraw my attack on that comment.
4. Poster attacks (without anyone here realizing) regional GT-1 and T-1 cars times at Road Atlanta after my opinion that that car should be capable of running better than 1.29's at Road Atlanta when it is putting down 560/600/or for the "whopping ass on locals in GT-1/TransAm" 700 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER at 2600 pounds (owner facts, not mine). Comparing times against regional novice permit drivers and first time Road Atlanta drivers was funny at best, especially given I obviously (and the poster knew this when I posted) am familiar with my data or I wouldn't post.
5. This board somehow jumps in the jockstrap and says "EW, AHH" 1.29's, kill the regional novice guys, applause etc. and subsequently calls me out that I am full of shit.
6. Car goes to Road Atlanta and runs 138's and 140's. Crowd goes "AHH, applause" etc.
7. I post REAL TIMES for national level races to back my thoughts. Again you may check yourself at mylaps.com as those were cut/paste numbers.
I then apply T-2 times (go look at other classes, it is even funnier) at the fact these cars are closer to 300 at the wheels and 3300 pounds a far cry from the mighty car here and I never added they too are on DOT "skinny" tires.
8. More slaying of fact data while I scratch my head.
9. Brian twice makes points that while he isn't coming straight out and saying that he agrees with me, I know he does and that is all that matters. I do not need his acceptance, however he obviously knows the deal. Thanks for your soft (but still) support on the topic.
10. I am reminded that the posted did admit that he expected high 130's at this event at Road Atlanta so again I have to ease a bit. At the same time I am amused that his time is closer to a spec miata time then the 1.29 time he thought (and certainly led) everyone here to believe he would run at Road Atlanta. The very start of this argument (that I thought the car should be faster than 1.29 as T-1 cars run low 130's) has more merit as he ran 5+ seconds slower than the latest nationals at Road Atlanta. That is a lot for a 560/600/700RWHP car in my opinion, but what do I know, I am a troll afterall.

Questions to answer (with facts of course):

1. You asked what T-1 Corvette runs with a 225 tire: None. But then again none of them have 560/600/700 rear wheel horsepower or 700 less pounds of weight do they. Which of these cars would anyone that has turned a wheel rather drive on a track? I think that is clear. So I am off base thinking you should be running considerably faster? Quite the contrary with the 138's and 140's you turned. I guess though that if it made you feel better you really clocked those regional T-1 novice permit/1st timers to Road Atlanta autocross turned road racers. Um ok.

2. 11 inch rotors, single piston calipers.. they are pro built cars that appear to people like you to be “Near Stock”. I agree, no 11 inch rotors (although T-2 cars that I did some comparible times to do run 11 inch (or less) rotors in some cases, but I am not aware of any T-1 or T-2 car on single piston calipers. Frankly I am shocked you would run single piston calipers with all that power (and at Road Atlanta). Seems like a dangerous mix (but WTF do I know) ROFL. As for the "pro built cars" I agree that many of the cars laptimes that I posted are in fact "pro built" or "very well built" cars, I would counter that your NSX is the finest "very well built" track ready NSX I have seen (outside of PD, HART Ohio examples) so I don't get the comment yet I agree the cars I mentioned are high caliber builds. Last comment "appear to people like you to be "Near Stock". This is not a fair comment, I know about the cars, the GCR and am more than familiar with a few of the classes (first hand) that I mentioned. They are near stock. Shall I post the rules next for T-1 and T-2 and ask that aside from what I mentioned already as competition adjustments they are allowed, what part of these cars is not "Near Stock"? That comment may make other people nod their heads but not fooling me (I would hope that others may have the guts to post their opinion here).

3. I agree with your go cart comment, however it is not relevant here is it? If anything it makes my points ever stronger (go hmmm and think about that).

4. Now that were on the subject, what do you drive? What is your record? Who are you? Do you have any video or experience in a racecar?
Since I am in full troll mode now and at the risk of anyone running a shopping cart into my car in a grocery store parking lot, pulling a plug at a track or worst yet CRXing me into a wall somewhere I will refrain from specifics for these obvious reasons.

However I will give you honest answers. I don't expect that you will believe me, however I don't see why you wouldn't as I am obviously not Randy Pobst myself.. I do drive at a national level. This is my 5th year national. I have driven 5 or so "long enduro's" as well (whooptee). Before racing nationally I raced 2 years at a regional only level. I do not know my overall record however couple things I do know merely from logbooks that I made marks in and a couple of specific tracks that I know my number of wins that I have just north of 20 wins (admit majority at a regional level). Of those 5 long endo's, 4 wins. I have no problem either admitting that in the endo's I was not always the faster of the driver(s), sometimes yes, others no. The question about videos is yes, and experience in a race car I have described here. Worth noting that I hold a NASA license as well and had a pro license one season in preperation of a co-drive that I did not get the details ($$ gets the best of that pro stuff) worked out in time.

Your offer: OK here’s the challenge- Pick a track that we both know or a track that neither of us know. You bring your car of choice and I will bring mine. We both drive both cars and then you can be humbled by how bad I kick your ass. This is interesting to say the least and if done under more friendly terms could have been fun. Of course if you would have thrown an adequate bet in the mix here (kidding). Here is a hint: Your ass kicking would require you to drive my car (XX) seconds faster than you drove your own car with (XXX) less horsepower and I have to drive your 560/600/700 rwhp much lighter car (XX) seconds slower than my own? GOOD TIMES. Pretty cocky to say the least, but so were the 1.29 claims :) What if I am Chad in the mighty 210HP Civic Si and can run the same 138's on 245's? All in good fun... I really would like to drive your car though. Should I be at an event when you are again (instructing or other) I may just approach you and take you up on this offer under much calmer terms.

And to Mr. Hicks, your questions:

Q: How many competition licenses do you hold?
A: Answered above, 3 at the moment if you count regional SCCA, and national SCCA as 2 licenses, if you don't then 2.

Q: How many laps have you done at Road Atlanta?
A: Purely an estimate but I would say between instructing, my time during instruct weekends and races at Road Atlanta between 1,000 and 1,500. This assumes a lot of things (50 laps in a typical weekend of any type, at least 20 trips to RA would be 1,000 laps as example). I have not counted how many times I have been to RA in total, however 50 laps in a weekend is a pretty good estimate all things considered. I will also say that I have more laps at 3 or 4 other tracks than at RA. While I certainly would love to run as much as possible at RA, it is further than other tracks.

Your comment: You have not EARNED the right to make critical commentary about anyone else here. Of course, the miracle of the internet and the freedom of Lud's NSXPrime makes it POSSIBLE for you to do so, but that doesn't make it right.

You are absolutely on the mark with this comment on both fronts. However I do believe I don't need to earn the right to post facts that are readily available to all of us as a counter point to such large and boisterous claims in a thread like this.

Was it fair for me to come here and make comments? Nope not really, I admit that and agree doesn't make it right.

Did I post facts that incited even more critics? Yup go look at them yourself. Are my comments unreasonable given these facts? Nope, go read them again.

Great video BTW! I hate it when the water is still standing at the base of 5, very slick there. I didn't notice if anyone here already asked or if you said, what kind of data system are you running?

Brian Bailey said:
I should add that I suspect Rob is being overly cautious in his assessment of what his NSX will do at Road Atlanta.

That is basically how my counter on this thread started, pointing out that a 1.29 wasn't anything special in that well prepared car (in my opinion) that it should be capable of several seconds faster than that ;)

Your posting of your 1.30 in your 944 cemented some of my comments as well.

I know you get what I have said (although you too may not like my delivery). At any rate I appreciate a sane look at some of the things I have mentioned.

RacerX-21 said:
A GT3 cup car is really only 2 seconds slower then a Rolex car, wow now that’s some car. How much is a 997 cup car? You ran a 1:30 here with your 944… is it a Turbo?

There are very few differences between a stock from Porsche GT3 Cup Car and one prepped for the Rolex series (small differences relative to the difference between a stock 997 and one prepped for the Grand-Am Cup). Wider front fenders to give room for a little more front tire, open shocks and springs, more wing, engine electronics are opened up a bit, few others bits here and there but nothing huge.

Hard to say exactly how much slower a stock GT3Cup is versus a Rolex GT3 Cup since they really don't run the same tracks with similarly talented drivers but you can go to the PCA website and check out GTA times versus GTC3 and GTC4 times (Rolex cars run in GTA, stock Cup Cars run in GTC3, the 996 version, and GTC4, the 997 version). I's suggest only looking at the fastest drivers at tracks like Road America, Sebring, Road Atlanta, and Watkins Glen as those are the large races and bring out drivers who actually know how to drive (meaning they aren't just racing their checkbook).

A good 2004 or 2005 996GT3 Cup will run you in the neighborhood of $125k, while a 997 Cup is going to likely run you $50k more than that. Haven't really priced the 997 Cups as there haven't been many for sale because they are all still in the hands of the pro teams and guys running in the IMSA series. We'll start seeing good used examples in a year or so, then we'll know what they are worth. An early 996GT3 Cup can be had for under $90k and that car is only a tick slower than the later cars, thats the one thats a great value.

My 944 Turbo ran low 1:39.x's on a perfect day at Road Atlanta back in stock form (245/275's, 220rwhp, and 3300 lbs with driver), and would consistantly run in the 1:40.x's. As far as I know, I think I still hold the track record in PCA for E-stock at 1:39.1, though they just started keeping actual records this year so thats purely unofficial (I haven't seen a recorded time in a PCA race or qualifying thats any faster than my lap from several years back so I'm happy to claim that record, unofficial as it is). I've only had her there once in current form (400rwhp, 2500 lbs, 275/315's, aero, etc) and I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th 2/3rd's of the way down the back straight. Gearing was perfect when she was stock but the lower R&P kills the car with the extra power as it takes away the top end that I need on tracks with longer straight aways. Even so, she ran 1:35's and I was easily 30mph slower at the end of back straight and probably 15 mph slower on the pit straight relative to what she could do with stock gearing (based on the data we pulled from the car at the time). Oh well, no bench racing, so she did 1:39's in stock form and 1:35's in current form. So no 1:30 flats out of that car. Hope I didn't say that, did I?

Thought I just said relative to what my car and the GAC car could do. In stock form, the GAC NSX was substantially faster than my E-Class 944 Turbo, actually a GAC prepped car will run faster laps than a C-class PCA prepped car (my 996 in my third lap ever at Barber turned a lap almost a full second faster than the PCA stock class lap record there and I was still learning the track) and the C-stock cars are most certainly faster than the E-stock cars. In modified form, the GAC NSX was just a tick slower on tight twisty tracks where I couldn't use the horsepower advantage the 944 has due to its MUCH better suspension geometry (which is my next project on the 944). On a longer track the 944 would pull away even with the gearing disadvantages. Now, drop 350 lbs (which would be easy to do) out of the GAC NSX and add a supercharger and the NSX would become a reasonably amount faster (or at least it should) than my modified 944.

One last data point from before you joined DAL with us. First time out with the NSX at TMS, with the car only partially ballasted, we were SUBSTANTIALLY faster than a track prepped Z-06 on Hoosiers (I actually passed him on the flat under the banking going through Nascar 1 and 2 while we were both accelerating out of a chicane. Granted I don't know the talent level of the driver in the car at the time I passed him, but still it doesn't take a lot of talent to stomp on the gas and accelerate out of a turn. Still think that says something for that NSX we built.

Sunbelt built motor, some further suspension tuning, a brake upgrade, a vented hood for balance and cooling, and the NSX-R rear wing, and I'd wager the NSX could still run in the top 10 in a GAC event (actually, the engine alone would go a long way toward getting the car to a competitive level but not enough to justify the expense involved). Suspect a properly built engine from Sunbelt or other suitable builder (I wouldn't go to Comptech, they are focused on other stuff), the engines would cost you $30k or more apiece and you'd need 2 or 3 of them for a season of racing and testing (if not 5 or 6 of them). Unfortunately, none of those changes will happen, so you're stuck running Honda Challenge if you want to race an NSX today and be competitive.

Last edited:
Brian,

I totally agree with your GAC NSX assessment. The DAL members all had a considerable amount of experience to draw the conclusion that an NSX is a better “Street Stock” car then the majority of the cars it competed against. What I didn’t know was that they are all given drastically different improvement concessions that are determined by the series. We kept tuning and improving the car and ourselves but late in the season it was made clear in a formal meeting with DAL and GAC that it was in the best interest of the series to have new cars winning races. And more important was that it was clear that they would do whatever is in their power to help that happen. As seen in public at the Barber event that year, and a more recent example with the Daytona Prototype race at Watkins last weekend.

Slow Poke,

Don’t go off yet, it’s not your opinion that’s objectionable, maybe naive but there is no harm in that. This thread started to show off something I was proud to build and to pump up some spirit in the NSX group where it was posted. I admit that I was consciously aware that my bold statements might evoke some friendly competitive rivalry. I encourage that and its one of my favorite parts of racing with friends. Including one of those Pro racers with Pro Honda’s that plans to be in Ohio and likely win his class. The problem I have with you is that you chose to start the way you did and immediately made personal negative comments with irrelevant references, all while hiding behind anonymity. Randy Pobst… I don’t think so. Not one of us would expect a winner like him to throw jabs and hide. No, it’s clear what kind of person point’s fingers and hides. Of course I’m not jabbing back at you, because I don’t know you, only the words that represent you. You don’t think it has crossed everyone’s mind that your first posts might have come from a child? My other choices were; maybe a prior acquaintance with a grudge? Or someone with a different model/brand loyalty who let their emotions get the best of them. It’s clear that other cars run other times and that t1’s are faster with National drivers/budgets. The only fair comparison is another NSX at the track at the same time, or at least other cars in the same class and in the same race. Until now The NSX hasn’t had a good venue to race in, and now I’m going to promote it to get more NSX’s involved. NSXPO was the target for talking to all the other NSX racecar owners. My time estimates are right on, not conservative, if anything they are optimistic. It was a bold stretch to think that this car will ever go as fast as the RTR NSX without much of their improvements, and I may never need to make those improvements. At least until Brian builds his Comptech car… Comparing other class cars, other parts, or even other dates have no relevance. This is why they make different classes and why some people compete to prove the difference instead of bench racing. There is good probability that my spec stock Miata will likely be faster then your seemingly superior Honda or whatever you may drive, but if the Miata is not faster then you just have a car in a different class. You post other peoples real times in other cars; do you think we should applause you for this? We all have stories of beating other cars with seemingly lesser equipment… don’t we? Yes I regularly get jabs from Brian but at least I know whom he is and can conclude why. Actions speak louder then words. I gave you a scenario to eliminate the differences and prove that your not just lip service. Oh, and I didn’t say it would be in my NSX. It would really depend on what kind of car you have. I put everything on the table, even my videos and write-ups when I don’t perform. You and I both know how I drive, I have (3) 1st place finishes and (2) 2nd place finishes in my last five events at three different tracks with three different classes. The momentum car has two year old engine technology and alignment issues, and it takes extra effort to get the same results. The other is a very difficult to drive HP car that most would take back in after the first lap because it’s not yet refined enough to manage. What we don’t know is anything about you, other then the picture we draw from your writing.

wow....people take shit pretty personal on this board.....it is an internet board....people like to annoy other people.... no big deal.....don't get all pissed off about everything.....

I have no idea how you guys can type so much.... I lapse into a coma trying to read it....:eek:

The fastest H1 cars will have ~220wheel hp and weigh ~2400lbs or so.... I am not sure what point would be made by showing up in a 650hp NSX but if you go, keep it in one piece and I would hope you lap the field (including H1 cars) at least once, but maybe twice!

I sold my H1 Red S2000 to kelsey Smith who just got it down into the 1:42's this past weekend at Mid OHio. He will be at the Nationals in H1 in it. I am building a yellow h1 S2000 but even if i finish it time I won't have the 5 required races.... (this last paragraph was just to point out that I have raced 2 years in Honda Challenge)

Scot said:
The fastest H1 cars will have ~220wheel hp and weigh ~2400lbs or so.... I am not sure what point would be made by showing up in a 650hp I am building a yellow h1 S2000 but even if i finish it time I won't have the 5 required races....

Scot, some of you are confusing your goals with mine. I didn’t build an H1; I already had an NSX racecar sitting doing nothing. S2000’s are nice but I can’t afford one even when I sell my NSX, I have some new goals to focus on.
HU is the class I’m running now. It's a new class so it doesn’t have many entrants yet. Will this class be faster then H1, well I think it should be, like H1 is faster then other classes. H=Honda and U=Unlimited. Like other race entrants, I enter races to win and like other classes I build cars to win them. Are you building your S2000 to win races? The difference here, (I think) is that the class is new or is their another reason people have a problem with horsepower. It’s actually easier to make that kind of reliable HP in your car because of the popularity and part availability. That may or may not sound ridiculous depending on how much you know about both engines- look in the magazines and count the cases. Many of the parts I built cost the same for low or high performance. If you need examples of how this statement is possible, you know where I live. I don’t want this to be too long. Maybe nobody will show up with an HU car… including me (Time & Money). And maybe someone built a better car then I did. I know I will kick myself for having stock brakes if team HART showed up with their Rolex car. If I had the money I would have already ordered the brakes, or if I could build them like the other parts I would have. HART is only 45 minutes away and my guess is that a number of their employees have raced in NASA. I hope that was short enough to understand without coming across short. I’m tired from working 10 hours then taking the parts off my car to figure out what I need to make Ohio, then I finished assembling a customers NSX engine to help pay for some of my new expenses.
If you have any NASA races this year and want to race in the championships then talk to your local promoter. I here they are being lenient with the requirements in order to fill the fields at Ohio.

well, hopefully some more HU cars show up..... I haven't heard of any other than the Prelude but they may even be swapping the engine back out of it.... it lost to H1 anyway, so it wasn't really going to contend....

watch out for that crazy ass H4 guy who is currently keeping pace with the H1 guys. :D

Scot said:
well, hopefully some more HU cars show up..... I haven't heard of any other than the Prelude but they may even be swapping the engine back out of it.... it lost to H1 anyway, so it wasn't really going to contend....

watch out for that crazy ass H4 guy who is currently keeping pace with the H1 guys. :D

I think more guys with NSX's will come out once they see that the car can be competitive in H1 or HU without spending a fortune. Expecially guys that already have dedicated track cars. It's not a huge leap and with the restricted prep allowed in H1, the car build out would be relatively simple. Biggest issue for HU (until someone like Rob shows up with a monster and finds some reliability) will be weight. It doesn't take a lot of horsepower to make a 2400 lbs mid-engine car with a decent amount of tire under it seriously fast.

I know I'm seriously considering one at this point as I greatly miss my NSX. Maybe next year, who knows.

So Rob, be ready, I may be calling on you for some engineering expertise at some point. Front sway bar and roll-cage come immediately to mind. Gotta be a good feeling being the guy that gets called by one of your competitors for component help.

Brian Bailey said:
So Rob, be ready, I may be calling on you for some engineering expertise at some point. Front sway bar and roll-cage come immediately to mind. Gotta be a good feeling being the guy that gets called by one of your competitors for component help.

I will throw one back… you would be one of the people who came to mind if I needed someone to drive the NSX in my place. Though our personalities have butt heads more then once in the past, I respect your driving ability. Hopefully one day we can race against each other… in a class where the body panels don’t cost too much. Just kidding:rolleyes:

That reminds me of some more new info-

Super Street E-mailed me to remind me that my East Coast Time Attack win automatically qualifies my car for their premiere race at Button willow. They already have 350 entrants and will only invite 80.

My favorite sponsor Exedy asked to use my car in their booth at SEMA in November. SEMA is a pretty darn big deal, and the Time Attack is the Wednesday following. Depending how the next few months go, I’m contemplating offering my NSX for sale at NSXPO. The contributing factors are how my race plans transpire and the sale value of the car. I have to contemplate how to afford more then one car next year... You might have noticed that I have had a short fuse lately; I lost one of my Spec Miata’s… the good one. Denise was driving and making a pass on another Miata, they were both coming up on two dueling 944’s when one dropped wheels, spun and instead putting both feet in, he tried to recover and shot back across the track. She hit it full speed and now it’s a total. She’s OK aside a couple days of whiplash and feeling sorry about loosing a car. It’s one of those racing things that wasn’t her fault, she couldn’t swerve away because the car she was passing was next to her. Again depending on the money I have available, I may not get to race the Miata class at Ohio. I will need to rent, and that diminishes my chance of winning.

Last edited:
Any update on the NSX? Going to make it to Nationals at Mid-O?

WOW!!! great video. That car screams!! Thanks for posting it I really enjoyed it!
You should post the video in pic and video section. I bet alot more guys would enjoy it. I rarely check out this section.Glad I did

Thanks again!!
Paul M

Hi all,

The car is 100% again but Nasa E-mailed to formally cancel the HU class for lack of participation at the Championships. The total number of entries never went higher then 3.

I’m disappointed to miss out on this event but I have plenty of other events to prepare for.

1st NSXPO
2nd SEMA
3rd Time Attack (Button Willow)
4th BullRun

For NSXPO I’m going to work on my trans cooling system, and revitalizing my OE ABS system. Then spend the rest of my time prepping the street NSX. Hope to see some of you there.

They actually canceled it? they should be cancelling H3 then also..... I can't believe they would pass up on $$$$$. it wouldn't matter if you guys were out there in front or in the middle of the rest of the Honda Challenge.... the field for Honda Challenge is not very large, so 3 extra cars would not have made any difference.

Odd.

RacerX-21 said:
Hi all,

The car is 100% again but Nasa E-mailed to formally cancel the HU class for lack of participation at the Championships. The total number of entries never went higher then 3.

I’m disappointed to miss out on this event but I have plenty of other events to prepare for.

1st NSXPO
2nd SEMA
3rd Time Attack (Button Willow)
4th BullRun

For NSXPO I’m going to work on my trans cooling system, and revitalizing my OE ABS system. Then spend the rest of my time prepping the street NSX. Hope to see some of you there.

Congrats on your car! Keep representing us.....:biggrin:

I hope you and slowpoke can be friends....it was just a good debate no harm intended.......sometimes words come across in a weird way over the net..........let us know if you ever come to so cal.....we would love to show support for you guys.

Another car to look out for is Danny's(lowellhigh79) car his car is suppose to be a road racing car also.......:smile:

Keep it up and good luck. :wink:

Did anyone else see the photo/mention of this car in Grass Roots Motorsports?

ediddynsx said:
Congrats on your car! Keep representing us.....:biggrin:

let us know if you ever come to so cal.....we would love to show support for you guys.

Keep it up and good luck. :wink:
Excuse my ignorance with California geography but shortly after the SEMA show in Vegas; I will trailer the car to the Button Willow Super Street Time Attack (If that’s close).

I expected more NSX racecars at Sebring (NSXPO), Eric brought Benoit’s old Cup car refurbished better then it has ever been. Kip was notably fast in his Comptech car. I ran through 65 gallons of fuel and gave 25 rides to different people, including a couple of gentlemen from the NSX club of Japan. The car is working amazingly well now, and I’m even getting a handle on the stock brakes. If you didn’t make it to NSXPO, check out the NSXPO section… it was great event.

Scin said:
Did anyone else see the photo/mention of this car in Grass Roots Motorsports?

That was nice to see... More to come in the next few months.

well that is one mean NSX in the straights I will say and it seems to transition real well in the turns. Stock brakes! Get some big brakes under that monster or at least upgrade to Racing Brakes BBK using the stock calipers! Why dont you run some HSR events with that Rob? We have events in Daytona, Sebring, Road Atlanta, VIR, Watkins Glen..... That way you could be out there racing other race cars and not just some modified street cars?

Back