• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Infiniti Emerg-E vs. New NSX

They are both nice...and slim & sleek in comparison to the new Ferrari offering. Is it me, or does the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta seem to be a "large'ish", heavy car?

sorry for the off topic, but they both look better than the LEXUS LFA :biggrin:
I think the NSX looks better than the Emerg E.. IMO though.

001-infiniti-emerg-e-concept-geneva.jpg

I think the side vent looks a bit weird in this view.

As I keep looking at the new NSX, it's really growing on me. I think I want one now... and just the fact that tony stark owns one. haha

Last edited:
They are both nice...and slim & sleek in comparison to the new Ferrari offering. Is it me, or does the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta seem to be a "large'ish", heavy car?

That's a front engine grand tourer, of course it's going to be big. Compare them with the italia if you must, in which case the two Japanese cars look like the porkers.

Last edited:
sorry for the off topic, but they both look better than the LEXUS LFA :biggrin:
I think the NSX looks better than the Emerg E.. IMO though.
I think the side vent looks a bit weird in this view.

As I keep looking at the new NSX, it's really growing on me. I think I want one now... and just the fact that tony stark owns one. haha

You are comparing unicorns/concept cars to a production car:wink: They won't be competitors either, the LF-LC is more a competitor to these cars based on alleged pricing and all 3 are some sort of hybrid, the LFA is an all out exotic supercar. The LF-LC won best design at the NAIAS and also just won a design award at the Chicago Show.

For comparisons sake

lexus-lf-lc-concept-628.jpg

lexus_lf_lc_concept_front_angle_pic.jpg

Lexus-LF-LC-Detroit-Auto-Show-2012-Live-Photos-rear-left-side-view-600x398.jpg

And its only fair to compare the LFA concept if to their concepts

2007_Lexus_LF-A_concept.jpg

07_Lexus_lfa_concept.jpg

rear.jpg

Since they share the same all electric drive train, will the Emerg-E have the stopping power of a Fisker Karma? That is ....once it stops, it never moves again? :confused::tongue:

yea, i guess you're right. just saying look wise. i just think the NSX looks best out of the 3 supercar in the luxary brand of honda nissan and toyota.
You are comparing unicorns/concept cars to a production car:wink: They won't be competitors either, the LF-LC is more a competitor to these cars based on alleged pricing and all 3 are some sort of hybrid, the LFA is an all out exotic supercar. The LF-LC won best design at the NAIAS and also just won a design award at the Chicago Show.

For comparisons sake

lexus-lf-lc-concept-628.jpg

lexus_lf_lc_concept_front_angle_pic.jpg

Lexus-LF-LC-Detroit-Auto-Show-2012-Live-Photos-rear-left-side-view-600x398.jpg

And its only fair to compare the LFA concept if to their concepts

2007_Lexus_LF-A_concept.jpg

07_Lexus_lfa_concept.jpg

rear.jpg

yea, i guess you're right. just saying look wise. i just think the NSX looks best out of the 3 supercar in the luxary brand of honda nissan and toyota.

I remember seeing that white LF-A concept in 2005 in Detroit! Still have pictures of it somewhere...

I have given it some time, and looked at the Infinity every day, but I can not get into it. There are graceful lines there, but when you really look after the initial impact has passed, it is way over done. Everywhere. Where the 458 is graceful with minimal lines, the Infinity has it in over abundance. I especially hate that character line that originates from the hood and carries across the top of the door, completely overdone. Almost every angle of the car also shows the greenhouse to be way to small and unbalances the look. Its profile makes the rear look unfinished as well.

Comparing it to NSX 2.0, I still like the NSX better, but now less overall. The NSX 2.0's nose is still terrible and overdone. The lines are less graceful than I would like them to be. While I am not crazy about the Infinity, the NSX 2.0 designers can learn a thing or two from it.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/38444234?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=00ff66" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

Infiniti Blue Essence Director's Cut from Polynoid on Vimeo.

Last edited:
I was REALLY excited about the new NSX, it's been over twenty some years, FINALLY! But then I saw this when I was driving home today :eek:, and can't help but wonder about the design language similarities between the Mazda 3 and the new NSX.

Is that really what I think it is, the new NSX face was base from the 2010 Mazada 3?!:eek::eek:

2010-mazda-3_exterior_571.jpg

IMG_1190-thumb-717x537-111530.jpg

I was REALLY excited about the new NSX, it's been over twenty some years, FINALLY! But then I saw this when I was driving home today :eek:, and can't help but wonder about the design language similarities between the Mazda 3 and the new NSX.

Is that really what I think it is, the new NSX face was base from the 2010 Mazada 3?!:eek::eek:

No.

Wow, have not been to this site for 3 years! Since I sold my NSX :frown:.
I want to point out that Infinity's front reminds me of DB9 and overall looks more appealing to teens with too many unnesessary curves, air scoop above the rear wheels is too much for me and rear looks too amorphous. On another hand NSX looks more purposeful, windshield is larger with better visibility, I guess. For me it is a clear winner among these two.
But geez, what a strange beauty LF-A is!!! So solid, waterdrop in a wind...:eek:

Yes! Called out, Honda. All it would take is a little stretching and squashing in photoshop.

Yes! Called out, Honda. All it would take is a little stretching and squashing in photoshop.

Thank you! Between the side vents and "big smile" grille, I can't help but connecting these two cars together with a similar front. But this is supposed to be the 201x honda super car!

Thank you! Between the side vents and "big smile" grille, I can't help but connecting these two cars together with a similar front. But this is supposed to be the 201x honda super car!

All Honda has to do is either delete the "smile" or tone it down a lot and that comparison ends. But Honda needs to keep those lights.

Those headlights have about zero chance of making it into production like that, IMO. They will inevitably get a round bulge on the end which houses the projector just like what happened to the ft86 concept and the same way the r8 has it in the production model. Then it will look like a carbon copy of an r8 for sure. Even the Italia has it on the bottom whereas it was more hidden on the Enzo and f430.

Back