• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interest in ALMS at Laguna Seca May 9-11 with car corral

Race fans,

Who would be interested in attending this year's ALMS race event at Laguna Seca? For a few years in a row, this was a tradition with the locals here but we missed the last two years. Details here. We'd need at least 10 participating to make this worthwhile, but the more we have, the better. The Corvette guys usually have like 300 cars.

Other car clubs are paying $100 and that includes a 3-day ticket to the event with parking in their own corral - a sectioned off, trackside area where only cars of their make will be allowed to park. I assume we can get the same deal (yes, your car will get dusty :eek:)

In the past, we've:
Danced with the Patron girls after having a few of their awesome margaritas
Taken pics with the awesome sponsor girls
Gotten a tour of the Realtime Racing pit and meet and greet with their awesome drivers
Got to take our cars out onto the track for a parade lap (or two)
Got to watch our local heroes drive the Driving Ambition prepared race spec NSX against other pro level teams

I can promise none of the above:rolleyes:

What I can promise is that we'll be parked together trackside and we'll get to enjoy some of the best racing available to watch live, locally. I can also promise that I'll do my best to get us all of the rest (getting a Patron girl to dance with you is up to you :tongue:)

I need two things to proceed:
1) a dedicated helper or two to help me with the logistics and phone calls / emails, and
2) a list of people who WILL go (too often on this forum, there's a list of up to 25 or more who put their name on the list but back out when it's time to pay). I'm interested in knowing who is interested, but let's have two lists: those who WILL go and those who are interested but not sure.

I already have the contact info for the track as well as the event organizers to try to get us onto the track for a parade lap. I'll provide more details on the additional activities I can get for us as the lists grow and I see there is sufficient interest.

For sure, if we get enough people
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Interested, but can't commit yet
(this is the list we will apply peer pressure to if we don't reach the minimum 10 :biggrin:)
1)
3)
4)
5)

J

Good idea James. It's been too long since we've had a meet at the ALMS.

1) Dhalsim
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

(this is the list we will apply peer pressure to if we don't reach the minimum 10 )
1)
3)
4)
5)

1) Dhalsim
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

(this is the list we will apply peer pressure to if we don't reach the minimum 10 )
1) Tai
3)
4)
5)

James I am down to help out, dunno if I will have my car still by then. Also would love to throw in a tee or something for all participating members who go. if enough people go maybe do a special edition for the year and event.. just a thought. LMK if that sounds like a cool deal or what I can help with

1) Dhalsim
2) Mike C
3) NSX GT
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) Tai
3)
4)
5)

1) Dhalsim
2) Mike C
3) NSX GT
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) Tai
2.) Larry C
3)
4)
5)

Any folks from Sactown wanna caravan down???

Sorry guys... due to lack of interest, I'm not going to try to coordinate this corral. Maybe next year.

J

Last edited:
Aston Martin
BMW
Chevrolet
Dunlop
Falken
Ferrari
Honda Performance Development
Lola
Mazda
Michelin
ORECA
Panoz
Porsche
SRT
Yokohama
http://www.alms.com/directory

Darn it!...seems like yesterday we were all at AMLS '08. Now I'm forced to join the Porsche corral.

1) Dhalsim
2) Mike C
3) NSX GT
4) Xetronic
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) Tai
3)
4)
5)

The last ALMS event I attended at Laguna Seca was organized by NSXCA, and I haven't been on there in ages so I thought perhaps someone knows something that I do not.

The last ALMS event I attended at Laguna Seca was organized by NSXCA, and I haven't been on there in ages so I thought perhaps someone knows something that I do not.
That was back in 2007 with NSXCA. I don't even know who's the president for NW Region currently, but James tried to put one together just for Prime. I'm going on Saturday regardless.

Back