• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this a scam? JH4NA2167VT000065

what about the listing is too good to be true?

It looks like a rationally priced car to me. The only sort of silly part of the deal that I see is that Used-Car-Dealer screwy payment offer. Presuming the car will sell about about 85~90% of the asking price, same somewhere in the vicinity of $35~36 grand, if its as nice as advertised it should be a very reasonable deal. Oh, if you'd like some grandfatherly advice, get a local Credit Union to finance it - they always, and I mean always, have the best/most honest used car financing.

Dealership gets shady reviews, so make sure that someone who is knowledgeable about NSXs checks the car out too. Buying a NSX with lots of problem isn't fun.

Current registrant of vehicle:

Company:

DEALER LEASING CORP.

Address:

15 W 6TH ST STE 1707
TULSA, OK 74119-5411
TULSA COUNTY

KBB values are always overinflated. NADA value being used is the high retail to make it seem like it agrees with KBB. The range actually is 1997 Acura NSX-T
Price Original MSRP Low Retail Average Retail High Retail

Base Price $88,000 $31,700 $38,800 $49,000

Last edited:
Its a very low asking price if it is a good well cared for car, a decent NA2 should be north of 40K

Just got in touch with the guy - he didn't know anything about the car and seemed a bit sketchy. I'm gonna pass on this one...

I would never buy any car from an "Honest John Gypo's we-tote-the-note" lot...all they usually have is flood-damaged, wrecked-hard, mileage-rolled back, maintenance neglected, and miscellaneous other "ridden hard & put away wet" garbage.

These cars end up at auction, and thus in their hands, because NOBODY else would touch them with a ten foot pole...just sayin'...YMMV.

I would never buy any car from an "Honest John Gypo's we-tote-the-note" lot...all they usually have is flood-damaged, wrecked-hard, mileage-rolled back, maintenance neglected, and miscellaneous other "ridden hard & put away wet" garbage.

These cars end up at auction, and thus in their hands, because NOBODY else would touch them with a ten foot pole...just sayin'...YMMV.

I can't say I totally disagree with this sentiment, but I do think that any reasonably priced car deserves the benefit of the inspection if its reasonably convenient to do it. If I was within a hundred or two miles of the car I'd certainly be willing to go take a look at it. Just because the Honest John's lot may have a clueless sales-boy doesn't mean that every car on the pavement is a dud. And while I know its far from infallible I still believe that anyone who buys a car like the NSX and doesn't run a full Car Fax on it first is just plain foolish.

I can't say I totally disagree with this sentiment, but I do think that any reasonably priced car deserves the benefit of the inspection if its reasonably convenient to do it. If I was within a hundred or two miles of the car I'd certainly be willing to go take a look at it. Just because the Honest John's lot may have a clueless sales-boy doesn't mean that every car on the pavement is a dud. And while I know its far from infallible I still believe that anyone who buys a car like the NSX and doesn't run a full Car Fax on it first is just plain foolish.

That is the only thing that would be it's saving grace - the full CarFax report is available in the AutoTrader post. It claims that there have been 3 owners and no history of accidents reported. However, that doesn't mean that an accident hasn't happened, it just means no police reports were filed.

No matter what, I'd pay for a PPI before any pre-owned purchase. But in the interim, are there any Primers close enough who'd be willing to take a look at the car :redface:?

This car is on Manheim right now by this dealer with a starting bid of $46k. I'm guessing this ad is a typo.

Back