• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It's official: NSX track day at THill on May 27th

Looks like I'm getting my arm twisted enough. I will be there bringing my K20 powered Civic. Tom might come too with his street NSX. We couldn't get the race NSX done by then to play with the Allan's. I'm sure that Kip will represent NorCal and Comptech to give the SoCal boys some beating ;)

If not, I might have to drop my car off to Comptech a day early to have them put an SC in my civic :)

WOW...I haven't seen this kind of vigorous conversations since NSXPO 2003. I must have been on NSX Vacation these past few months! I like it!!! :smile:

With Kip not driving his own car, we're now wondering who's goin' to show and be quickest right off the trailer? Apparently, there's some hot-shoes w/high RWHP coming to this event. This is shaping up to be like a Mini (West-Coast) NSXPO....without the blood, sweat and tears! :eek:

Speaking of trailers, anyone know someone selling one? :confused:

My next question: How many of you are attending the THill event on the 27th then the Reno-Fernley event that Sat. & Sun. too? Man, now I have to buy a trailer - 'cause this driving my car to the track thing is getting overrated!!! :mad: :wink:

BTW: Who has the Kipster on video & is there a link?

Last edited:
Yes Andrie, I guess I will have to give myself proper sticking power being I will be down on power and more softly sprung with those street shocks! Kip

Wowwwwwwwwwww Nelly :eek:

Can you believe these ace boy racers already trying to find all the possible excuses in the world as to why they "may" not be fast, that is just in case ........ :confused:

The rule of thumb for NA NSXs with stock tires at THill is this: if Andrie or Kip or Ken pass you once in a session, you are doing great; if they lap you twice, you need some help :tongue: As for 2:15 in a NA2 stock, well, that is rather optimistic if you claimed more than yourself on your tax return :wink:

I learned long time ago that a tire going down is the best excuse, and I had proof with a 16D nail that I found twice in my rear left tire ..... :biggrin:

As of this writing we have 23 NSXs on the track and 5 spectators, and this without counting Andrie (since he is coming with a Civic), Ted (who is NSXless) nor Kenji who seems to be hinting for a collection hat to make it :wink:

Hitting the magical 30 NSXs on the track seems very doable before May 7. With such a large number, we will definitely have a special function around lunch time, with perhaps a relay race, photo in the hot pits, raffle, etc. ...... post your ideas and we will see if we can pull them off.

Probably so, without my NSX I am nothing but dead weight. Please don't humiliate me to badly in front of the other guys! Maybe we can work out an arrangement so I can still hold my head up at the track? Maybe I can bring my daughters new beetle and we can have a race? Kip

While the Kip and Andrie with all their racing pedigree squabble over excuses, our pretty face 1UFO2C is recruiting a mechanic and securing an RV for serious boy racer psychotherapy after each session chasing your rear ends :biggrin:

And I hear from the grapevine that the "new" beetle will have an intercooled Supercharged Turbo with 13" Brembos, and Comptech custom made adjustable suspension ....... and did I mention that it is red, again, ..... :eek:

:wink:

Closing in on 30 ..... :biggrin:

Total: 26 actual NSXs on the track (one car has two drivers so don't see double) .... and 6 NSXs as spectators so far. And we will have about 7 offical NSX instructors and 2 more NSXCA instructors who will donate their time as well. And then there are at least another 3-4 who are happy to give rides and can loop us around but prefer to sit in their trailer while we labor .... :tongue:

More importantly, in order to have the promised relay race, NCRC wants us to organize quickly. I need 3 teams of 4 NSXs. Just like in track & field doing the 400 meter relay, we are doing the same in here. The only difference is we don't do bump relay (a la NASCAR) but rather each team will need a runner that will run between the two cars and touch each driver for the next car to go. This gets to be hilarious and it's great a show. I can see those with money already recruiting pros from the Olympic team !

One idea is to have the teams by regions. Such as Sacramento, North Bay, South Bay and Everyone else groups. Alternatively, pick bodies and reply to this thread or send me an e-mail if you want to sandbag. But I need the names ASAP so the track can work this out with the flaggers.

Just as an FYI, we are calling it relay but in reality think of it as only 4 cars at any time on the 3.0 mile track. Each car runs 2 laps. No excuses re tires were cold or the car overheated, or your pads were fading ........ or you picked a 16D nail :wink:

Last edited:
Kip, I accept all kinds of bribes, especially those that come off your NSX, so keep talking .... :biggrin:

by the way, I just edited the post, we are at 26 on the track!

Hrant,
I will play in the relay race if you want to arrange teams, hook me up with some slow guys so I look good :biggrin:

Just received an e-mail from Dave Mills at NCRC.

Registration for the novice group with instructors is now closed. They already filled all the slots for this run group.

Tomorrow is the deadline for the early bird registration, and not on May 7.

We now have 27 actual NSXs on the track and another 5-6 spectators. Still need to complete the Relay Teams.

Also, by next Tuesday, I should be able to post the names of the sponsors who committed to donate raffle items.

This event is now 90% full ........

Regarding the Relay Race, here is the description from NCRC's web:

Relay Race

NCRC adds Relay Races (RR) for a fun new activity in 2005. The relay will be performed by grouping cars into teams, by certain comonality. It might be Ford vs. Chevy, Exotic vs. Import, Vintage vs. Modern, etc. The teams will be determined simply by who's signed up, and only exist for the single race. Preferably we'll have four teams of five cars and one "runner" each. Cars will then be gridded in the hot pits, with the four teams lined up side-by-side, car #1 of each team at the front. The first car of each team will be let onto the track, with 10-second intervals between them. Each car will then run two laps and then pit. The driver will tag the runner, who will run up to the front of the pits and tag the next car in succession for the team, who then heads out for his laps. The best total time for a team wins the race.

The Relay Race is much like a "team time trial", and is available to any car, intermediate or advanced drivers.

This Relay Race will be comprised exclusively of NSXs teams (we need a few more volunteers), and we are less focused on "actual racing" vs. having a blast in seeing how disorganized we can be :wink:

The past weekend I get to posted 2:02.8 in my Civic with Toyo tires! Watch out Kip, I'm gonna try to bring slicks to the event and see if I can drop below 2:00 with a Civic :)

BTW,
any used front NSX slicks so I can try it out :)

Folks, NCRC and us have jointly decided that based on the rather lukewarm reception and slow responses thus far regarding the Relay Race, it is best for all to postpone this for another track event. This will give us a less hectic day and more time to socialize, rekindle prior smack talks, and spend time on the raffles :wink:

For those interested, NCRC will entertain you with an exhibition race after lunch, showcasing their ARC program. NCRC's website will post something later tonight to reflect this.

Best Regards, and see you at the track.

Hrant,

Thanks once again for coordinating the gathering and for the lunchtime raffle.

BTW: It looks like Kip was still the fastest NSX today :D, even with the "borrowed" NSX he was still pretty fast ;)

Ken, thanks for joining us and making Kenji look good on the track, while the rest of us have to figure how to shed some weight to keep up with you ...... :redface: :wink:

We had some 30 NSXs on the track; it was truly a great sight to see. The camaraderie was great and the dinner later was priceless. I can already see some great roasting materials penned out by Jake aka Super Sleuth.

There were no incidents, no bruised egos except for those who couldn't match their smack talk bravados .... and poor Al, as much as he tries, he is still handicapped with front straightaway speed :biggrin: And yes, Kip was the fastest, again, but when he hauls all the feature comforts of his home to the track :cool: and a wallet that can keep Comptech afloat :eek: :biggrin: he should be the fatstest ...... and have you noticed that he too has lost some weight and does not drink any alcoholic beverages anymore :frown: :rolleyes: :cool: :tongue:

Once again, many thanks to our sponsors: Detailing Dynamics, Carbotech Engineering, Dave Levy, Al Terpak, NSXCA-Sacramento Chapter, KHrant Enterprises, and the grand prize offered by Ted Idlof: complete issues of all NSXDrivers.

Hrant & Al , I to would like to thank you guys and whoever else may help organize these events. They are great fun and I get to meet alot of great people. I am not the most outgiong person out there but I wanted you all to know that I really appreciate what you do and hope you continue for a long time. This group would not be what it is without you guys. Thank You, Kip Olson

Back