• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JGTC Live Picture Thread

They did announce that next year they hoped to have this race COUNT in the standings. California Speedway has said it will return, attendance was stated at 30K Saturday and there was more Sunday, can"t see why it won't but to fit in the championship chase only earlier in the year IMO

I was one of the lucky one that got interview, and Tom who parked right behind me also was interview. According to them our interviews should be on their web site within a month or so.

Hey Randy, I want to send you some of my photos so you can post them for me. I give up trying to resize them and post them one at a time. Please give me your email address.

Thanks

James

Here are mine. I had a blast. I loved the sound of cars, especially #2 - the best sounding NSX ever..

8302JGTC0015-med.JPG

8302JGTC0014-med.JPG

8302JGTC0011-med.JPG

8302JGTC0010-med.JPG

8302JGTC0009-med.JPG

8302JGTC0008-med.JPG

8302JGTC0007-med.JPG

8302JGTC0006-med.JPG

8302JGTC0005-med.JPG

8302JGTC0004-med.JPG

TigerNSX said:
Here are mine. I had a blast. I loved the sound of cars, especially #2 - the best sounding NSX ever..

BTW: I just noticed that the Viper picture on your post is *not* the one that ran in the JGTC 200 Race, I think that's a drift car :eek:. Just making sure folks don't get confused, hehe ;)

Ken

AndyH said:
Wow, nice TigerNSX, How did you get to go inside their garage?

Oh, the garage was open. So I went inside and took bunch of pictures. Those brakes on the JGTC cars were huge!!!!

2slow2speed said:
BTW: I just noticed that the Viper picture on your post is *not* the one that ran in the JGTC 200 Race, I think that's a drift car :eek:. Just making sure folks don't get confused, hehe ;)

Ken

Ken, I am sorry that I did not get to meet you. My family and I arrived there a bit late and you guys were doing the fan lap. Nevertheless, I did see your car (what a beauty!) right next to Kenji's.

TigerNSX said:
Ken, I am sorry that I did not get to meet you. My family and I arrived there a bit late and you guys were doing the fan lap. Nevertheless, I did see your car (what a beauty!) right next to Kenji's.

No problems, I'll probably see you in NSXPO05 in AZ I hope ;)

BTW: those pictures that you took are awesome, did you get to take any night pictures in the heavy braking zones? The rotors were glowing and you could even tell where they started their braking zones by watching the intensity of the glow.

Hope you have a safe trip home once you are done visiting your family.

Ken

More pictures from parade lap and Sunday race event.
kenny.jpg

Kenny showing the JGTC how it's done
rednsx.jpg

scott.jpg

greennsx.jpg

blacknsx.jpg

silvernsx.jpg

nsxviper1.jpg

Nsx hunting viper
nsxviper2.jpg

Nsx greets viper
nsxviper3.jpg

sayanora viper
nsxz.jpg

nsxfire.jpg

group3a.jpg

bluesupra.jpg

I believe this is the 2nd place Supra after the Piaa Nsx
driftcars.jpg

Japanese drifting machine
drift.jpg

Toe to toe drifting action :eek:

2slow2speed said:
BTW: those pictures that you took are awesome, did you get to take any night pictures in the heavy braking zones? The rotors were glowing and you could even tell where they started their braking zones by watching the intensity of the glow.
These aren't really great pics, but it was the best I could get under such low light conditions.

Attachments

• IMG_6578.JPG
    IMG_6578.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 3,208
  • IMG_6592.JPG
    IMG_6592.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,329
FuryNSX said:
Si,

What camera where you using? Those shots are GREAT, especially the night drifting ones!! :eek: WOW!!

-Randy
the same $100 camera I been using for ages now. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ponyboy said:
Doh...awesome. I definitely need to do this next year. What do you think Daveyboy?

I think if I have the money, I am there! Looks awesome!!

had I great time. love JGTC and D1. I've never seen so many NSX in my life. there was one on every corner.

Attachments

• piaansx.jpg
    piaansx.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 3,143
  • mtecnsx.jpg
    mtecnsx.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3,090
  • jgtcwheels.jpg
    jgtcwheels.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,078
  • ferrarif1.jpg
    ferrarif1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,229
This event was the coolest...such a special feeling to be part of the first ever JGTC event in the U.S.A., especially as an NSX owner. A huge thanks to Steve for making our club part of the event so impressive and organized (plus, we got a great shirt out of it!). Another huge thanks to James for planning the dinner. I know both of these guys had no idea how big the turnout would be.

This kind of thing could have been great PR for Honda and Acura, but they didn't seem to be taking full advantage of it, did they? (Neither did Sony, who totally could have used it to promote GT4). It certainly seemed to elevate the visibility of our favorite car. Many approached me from other car clubs saying they couldn't believe how many NSXs showed up and that they would definitely join our club whenever they could afford an NSX. It certainly helped that NSXs appeared to take the top spots in the enduro. :D

Randy, your pics are amazing! I didn't even bother to try to take those glowing brake shots...I sat there in awe watching how bright some of the cars got (totally reminded me of Gran Turismo 3). Between forgetting to enable the AI servo AF mode and dealing with slow shutter speeds under low light conditions, I already had to drop way more than a hundred of could-have-been-awseome shots from the 200 mile enduro...including all of my flaming tailpipe series (I thought I had a good shot for every one of the JGTC NSXs). Depressing! Just when I think I know my camera, I forget simple things and lose a lot of potential shots.

I shot hundreds of Canon RAW shots and hundreds more in highest quality JPG (3GB in all), so it will take me awhile to get through all of them. And I probably won't be able to work on half of them until after I return from my Christmas vacation. I'll try to post a few before Christmas, but the bulk will not likely show up until the New Year.

I think I got the "photo" finish on video! If I do have it, I'll post a clip shortly.

I was depressed to see the ARTA NSX have to call it quits after something like 70 laps on the enduro. The ARTA NSX is my favorite of the JGTC NSXs...at least when I play Gran Turismo 3! I have great pics of the damage, shortly after they tarped it in the pits and from the garage on the next morning.

Last edited:
I love all the pics, specially the inside pitt one
such an amazing car, TOP !!! thank you for sharing
hmm I wish we have this event too in AUS :mad:

Loved the race!
Decided not to bring the acura, but still had a great time.
I had never seen a drift event before, and actually really enjoyed it. Its been a long time since i'd see that kind of crowd participation in motorsports. everyone shouting "One more time" behind the announcers booth was incredible.
I was down on the grid post race, and was able to eves-drop on Erik Comas (G'zox 2nd driver), putting up a huge fit the the race officials after they came in second. Maybe someone can fill me in, as I'm not too familiar with the jgtc rules. Teams have to take a mandatory number of pit stops, but cant they take them whenever they want?
From what i gathered over the weekend this last season hasn't been kind to the NSX's. Apparently they were winning too much, and this season they got slapped with some more weight restrictions. bummer

I also hung around the two American Porsche guys. They were really impressed with the Japanese drivers, and though they were way off the pace they looked at their bumper and said they were never touched.

oh, and that announcer was great
"It looks like it has been an nsx kinda day"
"the two classes move at different speeds, kind of like my first wife"

Great turnout guys!I see we had some distant travellers-Lud,Ken ,Tiger,ect.Those friggen race-cars are rrrridiculous.When you see the real things you've gotta laugh at how some of us try to emulate them :tongue: with our street cars.LOL.

Back