• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

June is Rose Month

The Rose Garden is beginning to bloom at the Botanical Gardens and currently is at about 20% with the peak blooms expected in 7-10 days. Here are some shots from today. http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/573707/1/23999644

24000967-L.jpg

23999663-L.jpg

24000990-L.jpg

23999638-L.jpg

23999687-L.jpg

23999689-L.jpg

23999656-L.jpg

23999644-L.jpg

:eek: :eek: Once again some crappy out of focus off color photos of flowers :eek: :eek:

I really wish you would get a sharper lens or get better glasses :tongue:

Incredible colors and incredible photograpy as we have come to expect :biggrin:
I think you should give up that legal bull&%$# and just have gallery showings in Soho :cool: I know that you are waiting to collect those huge fees from Roger and Tony's wives for their settlements and once you fleece the guys of all of their hard earned $$ you can retire and take photos for the rest of your life :biggrin:
Great work it must have been a fun day at the bot gardens :cool:
See you soon :smile:

Nice pics Bob, as usual....

I was at the Gardens last weekend and almost went today but had India trip preparations to take care of.

But, I will share some of todays rose garden pictures from the grounds of the DeJoie estate in Easton, PA.

23998395-M.jpg

23998398-M.jpg

23998407-M.jpg

23998412-M.jpg

24016621-M.jpg

And one from last weeks Botanical Gardens visit:
23602675-M.jpg

Now that I am packed for my trip to India, today may be my last opportunity to see the few bloomed roses at the gardens in NY. A trip to the Bronx may be only hours away...

On a side note, my house and garage currently look something like this with promises that it will look a lot better upon my return from India...

23830418-M.jpg

23993904-M.jpg

Climberao said:
I think you should give up that legal bull&%$# and just have gallery showings in Soho :cool: I know that you are waiting to collect those huge fees from Roger and Tony's wives for their settlements and once you fleece the guys of all of their hard earned $$ you can retire and take photos for the rest of your life :biggrin:

I am just waiting for Roger to have a really good year and then clean up on his divorce. :biggrin: Tony is safe because Bags probably would kill me long before I could get my hands on his cash.

TonyD said:
Now that I am packed for my trip to India, today may be my last opportunity to see the few bloomed roses at the gardens in NY. A trip to the Bronx may be only hours away...

Today is going to be a hot one but even with only around 20% in bloom right now it is worth the trip. Just make sure you post photos from the India trip when you get back.

Here are a few more shots from other areas of the Gardens.

23999489-L.jpg

23999488-L.jpg

23999472-L.jpg

23999483-L.jpg

23999490-L.jpg

23999474-L.jpg

RSO 34 said:
Today is going to be a hot one but even with only around 20% in bloom right now it is worth the trip. Just make sure you post photos from the India trip when you get back.

As I see from other posts that there are comments about folks being sickos for posting at wee hours of the morning... I posted to this thread at 1:24am, went to bed at 3am and now am up ready to take the 90min drive into the Bronx.

I should sleep well in the planes to India on Monday.

With regard to India pictures, I will post what I get permission from Bags to release to the public :smile:

Bob, Nikon never came through on completing the repair of my 17-55mm lens, it will be sorely missed while in India:frown:

TonyD said:
With regard to India pictures, I will post what I get permission from Bags to release to the public :smile:

Bob, Nikon never came through on completing the repair of my 17-55mm lens, it will be sorely missed while in India:frown:

Tony, I did say that RUSH means put it on a shelf (by the way this is an industry wide standard practice). Sorry :frown: to hear that the lens will not be with you on the trip but I'm sure you will take dynamic pics despite the handicap :biggrin:

Have a great time and tell Bags you're posting pics as soon as you get back so she needs to edit them while you are in India :cool:

Climberao said:
Tony, I did say that RUSH means put it on a shelf (by the way this is an industry wide standard practice). Sorry :frown: to hear that the lens will not be with you on the trip but I'm sure you will take dynamic pics despite the handicap :biggrin:

Have a great time and tell Bags you're posting pics as soon as you get back so she needs to edit them while you are in India :cool:

We shall see what photos I will be able to take. I am ready with my rain coat for the camera:smile: as Bags tells me it has been raining almost daily. June is the begining of the rainy season there. There will be no editing of pics in India - not bringing a laptop with me, just a portable harddrive to offload pics from the CF card.

TonyD said:
We shall see what photos I will be able to take. I am ready with my rain coat for the camera:smile: as Bags tells me it has been raining almost daily. June is the begining of the rainy season there. There will be no editing of pics in India - not bringing a laptop with me, just a portable harddrive to offload pics from the CF card.

Take a box of 1 gallon zip lock bags and 10 or more rubber bands. Punch a hole for the front of the lens and rubber band the opening around the lens this will keep the camera protected in the rain. Clean the camera and lens nightly or you run the risk of mold streaks. If you have silica gel packs leave them in one of the bags with the camera each night and dry them when needed. Just advice from someone who used to shoot in bad weather all the time.

Have a great trip. :biggrin:

Climberao said:
Take a box of 1 gallon zip lock bags and 10 or more rubber bands. Punch a hole for the front of the lens and rubber band the opening around the lens this will keep the camera protected in the rain. Clean the camera and lens nightly or you run the risk of mold streaks. If you have silica gel packs leave them in one of the bags with the camera each night and dry them when needed. Just advice from someone who used to shoot in bad weather all the time.

Have a great trip. :biggrin:

Alan,

I actually have a camera raincoat:biggrin:
I think I have some silica gel packs lying around here somewhere... thx for the tip...

Just packing some final stuff while chatting with Bags who is already in India awaiting my arrival...

Here's some fiesty goldfish....
24092571-M.jpg

Tony, I hope that you have a wonderful trip, take lots of practice taking pictures, maybe when you grow up, you can be 1/2 as good as Bob (does that earn me some "brownie" points on my fee??) Beautiful pictures from both of you!! :biggrin: :wink: :rolleyes:

RPM217 said:
Tony, I hope that you have a wonderful trip, take lots of practice taking pictures, maybe when you grow up, you can be 1/2 as good as Bob (does that earn me some "brownie" points on my fee??) Beautiful pictures from both of you!! :biggrin: :wink: :rolleyes:

Headed to the airport in about 4 hrs for my short trip to India.

With regard to brownie points... I don't think anything will help. My understanding is that as part of the divorce settlement you will lose everything and be required to get two additional jobs to support the life time alimony payments.:biggrin:
Your only salvation is if Bags gets to Bob first; in that case your wife will need to find a new lawyer and it's doubtful that she will get anyone as good as Bob....:smile:

Tony have a safe and enjoyable trip. Give my best (well at least better) to bags. I see your house shots are before the grand vision of Mr Larry.

As far as Mr. RSO's photos, I second Alan's comments.

We should have another photo get together this month. Any thoughts gents?

thedon67 said:
Tony have a safe and enjoyable trip. Give my best (well at least better) to bags. I see your house shots are before the grand vision of Mr Larry.

As far as Mr. RSO's photos, I second Alan's comments.

We should have another photo get together this month. Any thoughts gents?

If the grand vision of Mr Larry was depicted in my house photos, you would have seen a pile of rubble where the garage currently stands :smile:

Being in India soon, it doesn't look like I will make it to any reunion at the Botanical Gardens this month :frown:

How about the zoo next month?

Back