• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

just rambling about the NSX

Why does the NSX look better in real life than in photos?

It looks like an old car in every pic and photo i have (and yes i know its in it 10th anniversary)but when i drive past the Honda dealer and see it sitting there - its like the car was only introduced yesterday. It has this quality about it that just evokes the strangest feelings...

I dont even get this way when i see a ferrari

BTW - can u still get an a NEW NSX (current)with black top like when it was originally introduced?

BTW - can u still get an a NEW NSX (current)with black top like when it was originally introduced?

In the States, the coupe comes with the black top, and the NSX-T comes with the body-colored top. I don't know about how they are sold in your market.

In fact, there is a special-order 2001 red coupe with a black top at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City California that's looking for a good home (I have no affiliation, etc.).

In fact, there is a special-order 2001 red coupe with a black top at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City California that's looking for a good home (I have no affiliation, etc.).

Really? I'm gonna have to go take a look
smile.gif

-Bob

Why does the NSX look better in real life than in photos?

Depends on the photographer
wink.gif

Actually, there are several cars I discovered I like in person MORE than I did when I had only seen them photos. The NSX, however, has always appealed to me in photos.

That said, there are COLORS of NSX that photos do not do justice, most specifically Spa Yellow Pearl. To see it in person is a dramatically different experience as the color catches the light in so many interesting ways.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

You know, I think many exotic cars look better in person than in pictures. For Example: The Ferrari F-40.
I was never a fan of the Boxy F-40's looks. To me it just looked like some sort of injection molded kids toy, really tacky and cheezy looking.

2 years ago I saw one at an auto show. GOOD LORD. Anyone who has been up close can attest to this, but those things look MEAN. They are incredibly low to the ground and are huge! Talk about having some serious street presence.

In any case, same with the NSX. It looks mildly interesting in pictures but looks BADASS in person. Most pictures just dont do cars justice, I think it has to do with the proportions. People see the picture of say a Diablo, and don't really realise that it is almost 7 feet wide.

That reminds me..I want a Diablo...

You just haven't seen the right pictures!
smile.gif

View

You can see all the best pictures of NSX's at www.NSXSC.com under forums Dali Racing Photo Contest!
smile.gif
Maybe even cast a vote for my post in the process!
biggrin.gif

------------------
See you all in Wisconsin!

Back