• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kansas City drive Aug. 29th

Kansas City Drive Aug.29th

Hope this date works for the majority of our drivers. Speak up if it doesn't. As usual meet at Panera Bread, N.E. corner of 291 and 40 hwys. in Independence, MO between 9-9:30 am. And Tom, I understand congratulations are in order. 993 TT eh? Hope you can join us this drive. Gary. :D

Last edited:
I should be able to make it also. I had a great time last week. Hopefully next time I will be able to keep up better. Thanks.

John
91 Red/Ivory

Sorry guys, this is the second time I've done this. I did intend to say Sun. Aug. the 29th. Going to start a new thread- couldn't seem to change the date on the header. Gary :rolleyes:

CORRECTION: Kansas City Drive Sun. Aug. 29th

Again guys, sorry for the mix-up. Sun. is always better because of the decreased traffic. Gary :rolleyes:

Got your PM Gary, actually I havn't got my car yet. My timing has been poor. It could have been here already, however I was out of town until this past Tuesday so I couldn't receive it.

Couple that with FCA, Montery historics out west and its hard getting anything shipped right now unless you were booked last month. Anyway, the car is supposed to be here the 17-18th according to the dealer.

Yes, I'm coming on the drive.

I PM'ed Huckster the other day about the drive. Saw he was on the site. Haven't heard from him yet. Trying to get him to bring out that big Jag and go with us. Gary :D

OK, so far we have: me, Tom, Pete, and John. How 'bout it Mark, Robert, Mike, you guys going to be able to make it? Gary.

What area did you guys drive too last time? I assume the route will be in my hands again.

Also, huckster (aka Breck) came over Friday evening. His wife and kids were out of town and he was able to escape for a few hours, anyway he said he might go too in his XJR Jag.

Gary, would any of those guys that do that KrispyCreme thing on Sat. mornings like to drive ?

See ya Sun. @ 9am

I have asked a few to come with us. I thought a guy with a 456 Ferrari seemed interested last drive , but he didn't show. If the weather is good Sat. morning I'll probably go to Krispy Kreme and see if I can drum up some more participants. Tom, I'm assuming the car has arrived? Is it everything it was represented to be? No surprises I hope. Gary.

Zipy said:
Tom, I'm assuming the car has arrived? Is it everything it was represented to be? No surprises I hope. Gary.

Yes it came in last Thursday morning. Tractor trailer rig with a 04 Viper, 69 Roadrunner, 57 Belaire, Cayenne Turbo and a Jeep. I wish I would have thought to take pictures.

As far as the car, no surprises and it was as the dealer disclosed. The character is so different than the NSX though. I have only been able to put about 150 miles on it so far and the weather isn't helping much as far as seat time so this weekend will be the first real seat time on the twisty's, 4wheel drive, 3300lbs & 400+hp, it does move very well... :D Will look it over this Sunday, weather looks real nice too. Hope Mike & Mark B. can make it.

Tom, as to what route we took last time here it is: 24E.-DS.-Bates City & ZS.-TT-50E.-AAS.-58W.-7S.-Harrisonville-2W.-DN.-Cleveland-Y-Belton and to lunch at the bar-b-que joint in Belton(never can remember its name). Once we crossed over I-70 the route was pretty rough and we picked up more traffic. Got some new roads for us? Gary. :D

I will try and make it. Right now I am scheduled to be in town for a dinner meeting on Sunday. Trying to change my schedule to come in this evenening so that I can meet up with you guys in the AM.

Yes, I am going to the drive! I have been busy with the new store this past month but things have calmed down a little, thank goodness.
Since getting the GS430, I have been driving the NSX less and less, so I was considering selling it, BUT still have not decided :D

Robert, did you want to meet at Mcd's as usual?? I will be there around 8:30 tomorrow morning...

Mike

ylwiron, you missed a great drive. There were 4 NSX's, an S2000, and TT Porshe. What happened? Gary. :confused:

Hey guys,

Sorry about not keeping up better. I got about a half mile behind when some local pulled out in front of me in his white Taurus. I had to wait about three miles before I could pass him safely. By the time I got to Liberty, I could not find where you all went. I drove around a bit and then just went home via I-35 southbound. I called Gary on his cell when I got home. I hope we can do it again next month. Thanks.

John
91 Red/Ivory

I drove about 1/2 the way on Saturday night, and then got up and started the rest of the way about 6am. I thought I had plenty of time so I took the country roads and ended up adding an hour and 20 minutes to the trip.

I went cruising around and found another NSX in the country club plaza area and talked to him for a while. I did about 1500 miles this weekend, but wish I could have found you guys.

hopefully I can make the next one...

Back