• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keyless Entry

Has anyone ever had their keyless entry system stop working?? Mine quit so I cahnged the batteries in the remote but my system is still down.

I have the shop manual and there's no troubleshooting section regarding the keyless system.

So, am I in for a new unit? Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

[This message has been edited by Dr.Lane (edited 13 January 2002).]

Mine stopped working as well. The keyless remote still has battery because the red light comes on when I push the button. Is there any way to test the receiver unit?

I noticed yesterday that mine will not work with the trunk open/cracked. I came home, slid into the garage and pushed the trunk release as I was coming in (slightly cracking open the trunk lid). When I got out of the car, I shut the door and hit the remote to lock the doors, with no results. I had to really think about it because I had almost forgot that I had popped the trunk.

Hope this is your issue, cause I guess it is designed that way.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black, #264

Well, I figured out that my remote has gone bad. It works only if I brace the remote against something it works fine.

Mine still doesn't work. Looks like I'll have to order a new unit.
frown.gif

I finally found the problem to my keyless entry! It turned out to be a blown fuse in the keyless harness. 99 cents later my keyless is now working like before. Glad I didn't order a whole new unit just because it wasn't working anymore!

Back