• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Keyless entry

I did a search in the FAQ. I am a little confused about the keyless enrty kit. I have a 92 and want to put the keyless kit on. It says that the kit is 200.00 dollars, but also says there is a wiring harness needed. Does this harness come with the kit or is it additional. How many remotes come with the kit. Does the keyless kit also double as an alarm.

I too am confused. I took the glove box out to see where it would fit, how to put it in and if maybe my car had the receiver but no remotes when I bought it. From the info in FAQ I could not tell, I had no blue tape any where.

The FAQ's are an axtremely great resource. Keep up the good input.

And, for the answer to the remaining question...

Originally posted by steveny:
Does the keyless kit also double as an alarm.

No. The factory alarm continues to function as before. The keyless remote has no relationship with the factory alarm and no additional security functions. When the car is locked, the factory alarm is armed; when it's unlocked, it's off.

When my alarm is set, my security light next to drivers side door lock doesn't blink. Does any have an idea why? Is this little light fail often? The rest of the security system works fine.

Thanks

To my knowledge, the keyless entry kit comes with the wiring harness and 2 remote key fobs. Everything you need to get it working is included. Installation is plug and play, very simple.

Originally posted by I'm NSXed:
When my alarm is set, my security light next to drivers side door lock doesn't blink. Does any have an idea why? Is this little light fail often? The rest of the security system works fine.

I don't know why, but it should work, regardless of whether you have/use the keyless entry or not.

Back