• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Killer Deal!

Discounts are:

Acura Financial assistance $30K (price reduction, taxable :eek: )
Exposure $2K month with $20K max, don't ask me how I know...hehehe :biggrin:
What percentage you can get off MSRP....JM2C...I could be wrong,,:tongue:

What Space said...

The exposure cars threw a wrench in the mix because those allowed for deeper discounts. Even with the exposure though many dealers weren’t trying to hand that money over. A few did and that’s the “how did they get it that cheap” numbers you are seeing. Otherwise you should expect amazing of 8% off the msrp max and the full $30k if they have it available.

Last edited:
What Space said...

The exposure cars threw a wrench in the mix because those allowed for deeper discounts. Even with the exposure though many dealers weren’t trying to hand that money over. A few did and that’s the “how did they get it that cheap” numbers you are seeing. Otherwise you should expect amazing of 8% off the msrp max and the full $30k if they have it available.

Interesting info. This exposure topic really confuses me.

My car (with 2 miles only) was not an official exposure vehicle even though it was brought to a recent Acura VIP event where it was available for people to sit in and touch at will.

This guy got a car with only 6 miles, and I'm not clear if it is an exposure vehicle or not, but he got a killer deal - $131k for $182 MSRP, or 10% off MSRP (much better deal than what I got, but I'm still very happy with my car and overall deal).

I also know of a buyer who got a $206k car for nearly 13% off MSRP (including cross country shipping!! which makes it even slicker - another $1k or so in savings not counted against MSRP), again with virtually no miles on the odometer...the question is - was it an exposure vehicle or not?

This is all very confusing and it muddies the water so much more, that it makes it hard for people to really know what the truth is.

I did visit a few Acura dealers after buying mine (shopping for a friend), and the dealers would only do $30k plus a tiny allowance (ie 1% - 3%)... kind of bizarre. The data seems all over the place. Dealing with some Acura dealers is far easier than others. I guess those hard to deal with dealers will have their cars sit until they find a "sucker" or they decide they really want to deal.

Last edited:
^^^I believe to be an "exposure" car, the dealership needs to register the car as exposure with Acura^^^...JM2C...I could be wrong..:tongue:

^^^I believe to be an "exposure" car, the dealership needs to register the car as exposure with Acura^^^...JM2C...I could be wrong..:tongue:

Right, but how do we as buyers know of this? I don't even know if my car was an exposure vehicle or not, even though it was only at the dealer for a few weeks and 2 miles on the ODO. (as an aside - it is a bit annoying to me that my new car was used to allow tons of people to sit in it as they please at an Acura VIP event and not marked as an exposure vehicle.) How do we get this info and use it for negotiating?

Your only recourse is to ask the dealer..... When negotiating on my car, it was new and undriven, 5 miles, so it's a "virgin".... Maybe I paid a bit more for that, but it was worth a little more to me to know that it didn't have 1500 HARD miles on it when I bought it. But, even if you ask the dealer about the exposure thing, he may blow you off and wait for a less educated buyer to come along. For the record, my car was -$30k Acura money and 7% dealer discount. It had a couple Carbon Fiber add ons, and the CCB's on it, which I bought for resale value..... Hope they don't bite me in the ass 5 years from now..... I do believe that there will be some killer deals on the high optioned cars in the next 2 months, but I opted to spend a little more now to insure I got the car I wanted..... Good luck to all of you who are still in the hunt..... Your patience, I'm sure, will pay off.....

Your only recourse is to ask the dealer..... When negotiating on my car, it was new and undriven, 5 miles, so it's a "virgin".... Maybe I paid a bit more for that, but it was worth a little more to me to know that it didn't have 1500 HARD miles on it when I bought it. But, even if you ask the dealer about the exposure thing, he may blow you off and wait for a less educated buyer to come along. For the record, my car was -$30k Acura money and 7% dealer discount. It had a couple Carbon Fiber add ons, and the CCB's on it, which I bought for resale value..... Hope they don't bite me in the ass 5 years from now..... I do believe that there will be some killer deals on the high optioned cars in the next 2 months, but I opted to spend a little more now to insure I got the car I wanted..... Good luck to all of you who are still in the hunt..... Your patience, I'm sure, will pay off.....

Congrats on your car!! I agree patience is important as it seems the dealers I have visited are "cooling" off their motivation to sell right now. Perhaps the dealers who were eager to sell have sold their inventory, and the leftover dealers are trying to see if they can get someone to bite with just the Acura incentive.

The problem for Acura and these dealers is - the higher MSRP of the leftover cars do NOT match the interests of the buyers. For example I and many people I know don't care for the upgraded wheels, some of the over-priced alcantera interior bits, or the carbon fiber bits. Many of us care more about the CCB's and Carbon Fiber wing, which some of these lack. So while the vehicles are higher priced, they don't match what we want.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I vastly prefer my $180k mildly upgraded NSX to these over-priced fully loaded $200k NSXs. IMO the over-priced upgrades and the high MSRP work against selling the car rather than help it. The dealers should / need to be discounting a lot more to sell those remaining cars.

I mean - if I'm going to get a $200k+ MSRP car, it's not worth getting it at only $30k off if I can't have the exact options I want. I'd rather order it from the factory for an '18 model with the exact specs that I'd want. The dealers just don't seem to grasp that and are holding out for sucker buyers as if their existing $200k+ vehicles are forbidden fruit or something.

Last edited:
Well just remember in the end for the dealers it was a blessing that turned out to be a curse. Just depends on the dealers logic. Many deals that just happened last minute yesterday and the day before were from panic. A dealer who told me he would only do $40k on a car took $65k off. The car was a 100 mile exposure car. $199,800 for $134,500. Talk about crazy deal. Greg I hate you, but love you at the same time. On the other hand you have dealers who are literally holding on hoping for a miracle. Some dealers have the logic of i’ll sit on this until the cows come home. That usually ends up with dropping their pants at some point. Probably hoping for Acura to give them some extra trunk money. Who knows...

This has led to these annoying issues that require several visits to the dealer to fix. That was the only thing I didn't like and I have been told in 2018 they will be track testing the cars so owners won't have to deal with this.

Do you have a source for that? I'd love to follow up with Acura to make sure my 2017 (which they are building next week) will be free of what are clearly, at this point, known issues.

Acura November '17 sales ......Temple of V Tech Source

Rising across virtually the entire lineup, Acura sales gained a solid 9.5 percent in November. MDX sales were up substantially with the move to the East Liberty, Ohio plant alongside stablemate RDX. NSX made big strides, while TLX gained 12.4 percent over November 2016.

MDX sales gained 15.6 percent for the month, with 5,341 units sold.
RDX set a new November record, rising 0.7 percent on sales of 3,775 vehicles.
NSX notched sales of 83 units, a gain of 62.7 percent over November 2016.
TLX sales were up 12.4 percent on sales of 2,564 in November.

Last edited:
Mr. NSXMAS...... I completely agree with you...... I too wanted a car light on the options, especially because the option prices are ridiculous. I think Acura's biggest mistake in the NSX project is bringing a $156K car to market, and then loading them up with the most overpriced valueless useless options in the history of the automobile. Who would buy a $156K car and then put $40-50K in options. Stupid. Had they not been so greedy, they could have put the highly optioned cars on the market for $170K and the stripped sown versions at $125k, and they probably would have sold out..... There will be some lucky buyers that know what they're doing that will find desperate dealers, who will want to wash their hands of the $200k mistake on their showroom floor. It sounds like from other posts, that Acura may have forced cars on dealers.... Anyway, I'm glad I have one coming and feel like I paid a decent price for mine.

Last edited:
Well just remember in the end for the dealers it was a blessing that turned out to be a curse. Just depends on the dealers logic. Many deals that just happened last minute yesterday and the day before were from panic. A dealer who told me he would only do $40k on a car took $65k off. The car was a 100 mile exposure car. $199,800 for $134,500. Talk about crazy deal. Greg I hate you, but love you at the same time. On the other hand you have dealers who are literally holding on hoping for a miracle. Some dealers have the logic of i’ll sit on this until the cows come home. That usually ends up with dropping their pants at some point. Probably hoping for Acura to give them some extra trunk money. Who knows...
i think some dealers believe they should make some sort of profit on this car, it is a business afterall. they can make zero profit on the rest of the line up.

the SoCal dealership that did the $60k deal fucked everyone else.

Right, but how do we as buyers know of this? I don't even know if my car was an exposure vehicle or not, even though it was only at the dealer for a few weeks and 2 miles on the ODO. (as an aside - it is a bit annoying to me that my new car was used to allow tons of people to sit in it as they please at an Acura VIP event and not marked as an exposure vehicle.) How do we get this info and use it for negotiating?

The best way is simply to ask the dealer for a carfax or you run a carfax on the car. Since it is an exposure/demo, it should have been registered and it should appear on the carfax report. But as nsx878 said, the dealer should also tell you. They wouldn't lie about it because they have to disclose this to you and in fact, there should be a paper both of you sign (in the finance office) stating this.

The pricing in this thread has me confused compared to some of the other threads. Maybe I thought people were getting lower prices than they really have been...?

There have been posts about heavily optioned/$200k cars selling with a $60k discount. I have been interpreting that to mean $30k (15%) off from the selling dealer, $30k back from Acura Finance. Are these $60k off deals only on exposure cars?

More like $16k/8% off from the dealer, and then next $14k because the car was on exposure for 7 weeks, and then the $30k from Acura Finance?

I believe it should be $2k/month for exposure. BTW, are going to get that silver one with MSRP $164K? It's a brand new car, and still available.

Back