• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KSP NSX-R Style Seats?

Studio6Zero is incorporating the RECARO logo onto OEM RECARO NSX-R fabrics for us as per our agreement. However, this addition is optional.
------
Also to give additional information of sizing compared to OEM. Here is a side by side with the Type S OEM seat.
Keiji-san is an absolute beast at what he does. However, embroidering the trademark RECARO logo on a seat that is not a RECARO seat just doesn't seem okay in my eyes. Will look incredible though. MITA will be replicating the ergonomics of the OEM NSX-R seats? If so that would be a game-changer. I take it you rescinded your statements in that post a few months back about halting any, and all, new future products for NSX. Happy to see that Marc!

I got my hands on these seats. In my opinion the fabric quality is great. There is no stretch or loose fabric on the surrounding fabric and a little bit on the cushions. It would be far cheaper to reupholster only the center cushions than the whole seat.

With the exchange rates the way they are, these are an amazing deal, imo.

View attachment 188022

View attachment 188023
Are the seats actually dry carbon now? I believe they are wet carbon.

What's the weight now? From the last time we redid these seats back in 2021, they were 10kg per seat. For comparison, our FRP seat with fabric and cushions is 6.4kg/seat. R seats are about 4.5kg.

When seated, do they still make a sound? I remember the suede wasn't that good. I wonder if they improved it with their second-generation.

Keiji-san is an absolute beast at what he does. However, embroidering the trademark RECARO logo on a seat that is not a RECARO seat just doesn't seem okay in my eyes. Will look incredible though. MITA will be replicating the ergonomics of the OEM NSX-R seats? If so that would be a game-changer. I take it you rescinded your statements in that post a few months back about halting any, and all, new future products for NSX. Happy to see that Marc!
Yes. Our seats are made to match the OEM NSX-R seats. Fabrics, urethane, everything. Even the shell will be made exactly the same way. Carbon Kevlar pattern too. They're not cheap though. These are premium seats.

KSP seats are "budget friendly" but they're not exact.

Last edited:
Back