• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LeMans 2010

As some of you may know Arnon and I are planning a trip of a lifetime to see the 24HeuresduLemans (for our english speaking friends the 24 hours of LeMans(France) endurance race):cool: in 2010. Held the second weekend in June, in the middle of France in a relatively small village. Most of you have heard of this event, for those who haven't; its probably the second biggest motor racing event in the world. Some might say the biggest, well at least most exspensive to attend would be the F1 race in Monte Carlo. Last years attendance at LeMans was 250,000 people. Packed in to a very big track, some 7plus miles long, I forget exactly, but I'm old so I'm excused:wink: During race weekend its a small city really, with an asmusement park, resturants, shops, camping, even a McDonald's:frown:.
Practice starts Thursday evening, continues on Friday; Friday evening the driver parade in their cars through the city streets. Saturday starts with warmups, and the race begins in the early afternoon and ends Sunday afternoon. Yes they race ALL NIGHT!
We can not do anything till this race is over, but things fill up quickly, and next years dates and prices should be announced late this summer. There are only 10 hotels in town, so if you think you might like to go, an early decision will be necessary. The more who go, the more leverage we will have in getting a good booking.
There are tours we can book but they don't stay near the track and you have to follow their schedule. They also don't arrive usually till Friday afternoon, so you only get to the track Saturday and Sunday. I would like to see if we can get a group together and book a hotel in LeMans, there are public trams to the track; so you can come and go as you like, or stay allnight at the track:eek: I have a couple of email addresses for reservation info I will write to when I see what kind of interest there is. For info check out. www.lemans.org/accueil/index_gb.html

Jojo is very excited! because she gets to go shopping in paris w/the girls while we watch cars driving in circles. :biggrin: Chris (lotus) is considering, 80% sure. What else is he going to do? :) Rick and Fowler said they will go. Bill, I am bad at planning stuff, I'll let you do it. one back pack for me...:)

Back