• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexan rear hatches @ A.S. Motorsport

Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that we now also offer high quality lexan hatches & windows for the NSX

Available with optional "Hardcoat" making them virtual scratch proof (similar to glass!)
These hatches won't yellow out due to UV radiation and are FIA approved.

Our hatches and windows are made by P4P, a FIA certified company specializing in motorsport windows.
With a impressive customer list including:

• Prodrive, Aston Martin & Mini
  • JAS & Team Dynamics Honda touring car teams in WTCC and BTCC.
  • Mercedes SLS AMG GT2,
  • Ford WRC,
  • Subaru WRC
Major advantages of Lexan hatches

• Major weight savings
  • Allows use of race style intake scoops
  • Greatly reduced risk of damage
  • UV resistant

Pricing including shipping
Base rear hatch: $1300
Rear hatch w. Hardcoat: $1750

Optionally with grey or bronze tint.

We can also supply GT500/Mugen style intake snorkels and JGTC/Mugen style hatch ducts/scoops.

Windshield and side windows also available!
We are working on a partition window as well.

Lexan hatch & windows in action:
honda_nsx_lexan_windows.png

honda_nsx_-_lexan_windscreen.png

whats the major weight savings?

Is the JGTC version this?
Correct that's the scoop they ran in JGTC, it was designed by Mugen/Dome featured on 98,99,00,01 Race cars (There a few variations including a later GT300 version)

The "snorkel" F1 style intake was started in 2003>

I think what some might like to know is the weight of your product vs stock.
Windshield.
Side windows.
Rear Hatch.

That last post does it mean that the side windows will actually work (go up and down?) That's pretty cool.

Hmm... depending on what you guys report as weight savings this might be something I would want to do (hardcoat version). Considering all this weight being removed is up top the center of gravity would be lowered with the replacement of the driver, passenger, rear hatch, and windshield.

You think it might it's possible to get a bundled package price?

Last edited:
That last post does it mean that the side windows will actually work (go up and down?) That's pretty cool.

Hmm... depending on what you guys report as weight savings this might be something I would want to do (hardcoat version). Considering all this weight being removed is up top the center of gravity would be lowered with the replacement of the driver, passenger, rear hatch, and windshield.

You think it might it's possible to get a bundled package price?

I'm going to put a set on our race car and will also report those results but those are due in mid to late January when our new cage arrives.

regulator question:
They indeed work and function like OEM.

Weight savings VS OE grade glass is 50%, certainly the rear hatch is a heavy part and it should save quite some weight there.

Weight data
Front sidewindow - Stock 5kgs, Lexan 2.5kgs
Front windscreen Stock 13kgs, Lexan 7kgs
Rear Screen Stock - 14kgs, Lexan 7kgs (minus metal surround - maybe 2-3kgs)

We are also developing in conjunction with our supplier partition windows,
This will also allow for more sound in the car.

Just like NSX-R which head ultra thin glass partitions.

If you are developing new partition glass you should also consider making a real rollbar for this car that ties into the strut towers. Have it enter through the rear glass. This is really one project. A nice strong lightweight chromoly bar that can handle a harness as well. The right way to install harnesses. Something no one makes. I'd do a thick lexan there and keep it quiet so that it is more a street/track rather than a track only mod. Your customer base here is for a dual purpose mod, not the few track rats that use an NSX.

Last edited:
If you are developing new partition glass you should also consider making a real rollbar for this car that ties into the strut towers. Have it enter through the rear glass. This is really one project. A nice strong lightweight chromoly bar that can handle a harness as well. The right way to install harnesses. Something no one makes. I'd do a thick lexan there and keep it quiet so that it is more a street/track rather than a track only mod. Your customer base here is for a dual purpose mod, not the few track rats that use an NSX.
Rear hatch and the partition would be for street use as well, it will save quite some weight up high.
The partition window will bring more engine and intake sound into the cabin like the NSX-R does.

For the race car we are installing a full 6 point FIA roll cage.
I'll talk to the cage fabricator see how much it would cost to make a harness/chassis bar rolled in to one.

First batch has arrived will be taking pictures soon

- - - Updated - - -

view quick pictures, (bad picture quality)

These are the standard version and there protective film is still attached.
Lexan%20NSX%20hatch.jpg
Lexan%20NSX%20partition%20window.jpg
Lexan%20NSX%20side%20window.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

more pictures and actual install will soon follow

I'll talk to the cage fabricator see how much it would cost to make a harness/chassis bar rolled in to one.

To clarify, what Dave is asking for is a bolt-on rollbar/harness/chassis bar. This would be a great thing for us track rats who don't want a full FIA rollcage. Right now we can get bolt-on harness bars but there is no track-worthy rollover protection available for the NSX.

To clarify, what Dave is asking for is a bolt-on rollbar/harness/chassis bar. This would be a great thing for us track rats who don't want a full FIA rollcage. Right now we can get bolt-on harness bars but there is no track-worthy rollover protection available for the NSX.
Yes i do see the need for a roll bar, currently i have a design ready and am discussing it with our cage fabricator see how feasible a low production run would be.

- - - Updated - - -

I want the side windows and the partition window. Pls pm me more info and ETA. Thanks
They are available right now.

Back