• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LI service?

Looking for recommendations for an experienced NSX shop on LI. I've been going to a local Acura dealer and while their service is good, they are on the expensive side and do not offer NSXCA discounts. (quoted timing belt & water pump at $1500 v. oft-quoted here price of $1100.)

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Originally posted by TRIPLET:
Who have you been using to service your car on Long Island?

Island Acura in Wantagh. So far I've had them do a full post-purchase inspection on the car, an oil change, fix a rattle in the glovebox, and install a set of Dali window fix-it thingies ($425 for 5 hours of labor). Among dealer service depts they are the best I've seen. Their NSX tech, Chuck, knows his stuff (he was doing a full engine & tranny swap on another NSX last time I was there). That said, they do charge handsomely for their service, more, it seems, than almost any price I've read here.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Did you ever contact Valley Stream Acura which is owned & operated by Greenwich Acura? I was told that they have a good technician there.You could probably give them a call and get a competitive quote for the work you already have had done and see the difference.Regards,Milt

Did you ever contact Valley Stream Acura which is owned & operated by Greenwich Acura? I was told that they have a good technician there.You could probably give them a call and get a competitive quote for the work you already have had done and see the difference.Regards,Milt

Valley Stream quoted essentially the same price as Island for a timing belt + water pump.

To Island Acura's credit, their NSX oil changes cost only $33 plus they'll do a free car wash if you want. That's less than most of the oil change prices quoted on the list.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

[This message has been edited by Russ (edited 31 March 2002).]

How much did either of the dealers quote you for a timing belt & water pump?

Island Acura: $1500
Valley Stream Acura: $1580-$1600

for comparison:
Davis Acura(Langhorne, PA) $1150

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Here's an update: I decided to have Island Acura in Wantagh do my timing belt/water pump and a/c repair because they've done well by me in prior dealings (installed my Dali Window Fix-It Thingies, oil changes are $36 out the door.) The car will be finished Monday and here's the good news: they gave me a 15% discount on parts. So far, so good, and it'll be nice not hearing "timing belt, timing belt" in the back of my mind.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Back