• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Love/Hate Relations: The Good, The Bad, and the Damned Sexy

A couple of my custom-fitted monitors. The brown ones are specifically for helmeted motorsports. And the funky ones have five speakers each, two cross-overs, and are just stupid expensive. To call me an Audiophile, is to call a Ferrari “transportation” — a bit of an understatement. So please take my word for it that you just need to tinker with all of the settings. You’ll find industry-leading acoustics...eventually.

Also note that there is actually a BIG difference between the system’s output in BLUETOOTH, versus the exact same song played hard-wired in Apple Play Mode. So, when you tinker, try playing in both modes.
Very nice and same here for being an audiophile. On my list is a pair of Ultimate Ears custom monitors. Until then I have nice pair from Shure that are years old and probably should be replaced. But the thing is my wife loves good music too so the in ear things are basically antisocial.

When I bought my car a week ago I was extremely surprised I didn’t have butt fans. Looked it up, not even an option. Well okay. I get the car home. The car barely fits in my split garage without the mirrors folding so I’d like power folding mirrors. My daily is an Acura TLX and I feel the interior is a bit too similar for the price differences in the car.

I love the launch control. I may have never driven a car that accelerates that fast so easily. I’ve had a C7 Grand Sport and Z06 as well which both accelerate hard, especially the Z, but not with the same ease.

I love the transmission. Light years better than that of the C7 Corvettes. The DCT on the NSX is just so much whether you’re in manual or auto mode.

I love the exotic look and the rarity of the car. I’ve always liked being different and I see less NSXs than just about any similarly priced car from Bentley’s to Lambos and Ferrari’s. I even see considerably more McLarens.

While I love the tech marvel that the car is I def wish they would have made the car with about 600-650hp, RWD, and no electric motors. I do miss the power slides in the Z06. I also feel this would have put the car more on par with the 488, which came out at the same time. I’m unsure why Acura benchmarked the car that had already been around since 2010.

Even with all my “complaints” I very much love the car and expect to keep it longer than I’ve kept any of the last several. To truly upgrade I’m going to have to spend a whole hell of a lot and I’m not really looking to do that. But if I ever do it’ll likely be a 720S.

The NSX got delayed for this that and the other thing (ex. transverse motor to longitudinal layout).

By the time it was hatched, to your point, the 488 was about ready to go.

They spentt so much on overall development and drivetrain, gotta satisfy the bean counters somewhere, so the interior is nice but not Pagani nice.

When I bought my car a week ago I was extremely surprised I didn’t have butt fans. Looked it up, not even an option. Well okay. I get the car home. The car barely fits in my split garage without the mirrors folding so I’d like power folding mirrors. My daily is an Acura TLX and I feel the interior is a bit too similar for the price differences in the car.

I love the launch control. I may have never driven a car that accelerates that fast so easily. I’ve had a C7 Grand Sport and Z06 as well which both accelerate hard, especially the Z, but not with the same ease.

I love the transmission. Light years better than that of the C7 Corvettes. The DCT on the NSX is just so much whether you’re in manual or auto mode.

I love the exotic look and the rarity of the car. I’ve always liked being different and I see less NSXs than just about any similarly priced car from Bentley’s to Lambos and Ferrari’s. I even see considerably more McLarens.

While I love the tech marvel that the car is I def wish they would have made the car with about 600-650hp, RWD, and no electric motors. I do miss the power slides in the Z06. I also feel this would have put the car more on par with the 488, which came out at the same time. I’m unsure why Acura benchmarked the car that had already been around since 2010.

Even with all my “complaints” I very much love the car and expect to keep it longer than I’ve kept any of the last several. To truly upgrade I’m going to have to spend a whole hell of a lot and I’m not really looking to do that. But if I ever do it’ll likely be a 720S.

Last edited:
While I love the tech marvel that the car is I def wish they would have made the car with about 600-650hp, RWD, and no electric motors. I do miss the power slides in the Z06.

Don't miss the power slides. Disable the Traction Control and step on it. It is so nicely balanced. Be aware that rear tires will wear badly.. :biggrin:

I'm not talking about any cheat mode. Just disable Traction Control, first level is Stuck-In-Mud, second level is Track, third level is Off.

Be aware, it is completely off, so you are on your own to save any situation. Which will happen with this level of power.

This doesn't turn off front TMU so it is still all wheel drive. Still easy to power slide. Still beautifully balanced.

My favorite place is in an autocross course where a tight section opens up around a tight cone and you have at least 200 meters to the next cone. Just let that tail hang out.

I’ve got to find a place to test this out. And there is a mode past “track”? I thought track was the furthest setting?

How do you disable the AWD?

All this new information could have just put this car over the top for me lol

I’ve got to find a place to test this out. And there is a mode past “track”? I thought track was the furthest setting?

As you know I don't actually own an NSX (yet??) but I think you twist the dial to Track then twist once more and hold until it goes into Track+ ... ?

Last edited:
The main dial is for Driving mode.

You control Traction Control with the small button on the left behind the wheel.

As you know I don't actually own an NSX (yet??) but I think you twist the dial to Track then twist once more and hold until it goes into Track+ ... ?

I haven't driven my NC1 in eight months, but I seem to remember that if you turn and hold the dial when in Track mode it puts you into launch mode. I don't ever remember seeing a "Track+" mode.

I haven't driven my NC1 in eight months, but I seem to remember that if you turn and hold the dial when in Track mode it puts you into launch mode. I don't ever remember seeing a "Track+" mode.

Oops! It's Sport+. So here are the modes: Quiet, Sport, Sport+ and Race. And I think you have to turn and hold the dial to go from Sport+ to <strike>Race</strike> Track. <- Corrected! Sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCTW61Zx8E

Last edited:
Oops! It's Sport+. So here are the modes: Quiet, Sport, Sport+ and Race. And I think you have to turn and hold the dial to go from Sport+ to Race.

No race mode my friend. Even though I haven’t used the “Dynamic Mode” dial in a very long time btw.

Wait, say wuh? It's right there in the vid! What am I missing?

From page 323 of the manual

cf14c8f2ca2c7c7ea158a2371f01ab58.jpg

O jeez I'm a tard ... Sorry guys! I wish I could delete my posts so this thread isn't littered with my wrong terms. TRACK, not race ... my listening comprehension is apparently very poor :frown:

OK, I edited my previous post to change Race to TRACK.

Last edited:

How do you disable the AWD?

All this new information could have just put this car over the top for me lol

This tread spun away. Why is the the four modes in IDS, the Driving mode dial, discussed? I'm refering to the Traction Control, the small button on the left behind the wheel. Push it until there are two beeps, as you can see in the video added by RyanRA. I prefer to do it on standstill, before I get going.

Again, this doesn't disable AWD. Front TMU is active. It only disables stability control. Making it easy to powerslide.

Please do it in a safe location.

This tread spun away. Why is the the four modes in IDS, the Driving mode dial, discussed? I'm refering to the Traction Control, the small button on the left behind the wheel. Push it until there are two beeps, as you can see in the video added by RyanRA. I prefer to do it on standstill, before I get going.

Again, this doesn't disable AWD. Front TMU is active. It only disables stability control. Making it easy to powerslide.

Please do it in a safe location.

The IDS dial is being discussed because putting the vehicle in track mode partially disables your traction control. Not sure if some were under the impression that it was fully disabled in this mode or not. In order to fully disable it you have to put the vehicle in track mode and then push and hold the traction control button as the video shows.

The IDS dial is being discussed because putting the vehicle in track mode partially disables your traction control. Not sure if some were under the impression that it was fully disabled in this mode or not. In order to fully disable it you have to put the vehicle in track mode and then push and hold the traction control button as the video shows.

Agreed, you're correct.

It is just disconcerting too see that more rumors are spread because of not understanding the capabilities of the car.

(Soon time for some more powerslides for me.)

Back