• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

lowering springs question

does anybody front tires bottom out on fender wheel housing ? changed front wheels to 17"x8" and changed shocks to KONI with CT 1" lowering springs.When l hit ruff road the tires hit the high point and out side plastic fender shroud.what wound be the correction,it feels like there is not enough travel and l all ready have low profile tires !

what size tire and what is wheel type and offset?

does anybody front tires bottom out on fender wheel housing ? changed front wheels to 17"x8" and changed shocks to KONI with CT 1" lowering springs.When l hit ruff road the tires hit the high point and out side plastic fender shroud.what wound be the correction,it feels like there is not enough travel and l all ready have low profile tires !
This is the nsx's Achilles heel. Lower the car and you will always have these issues forcing you to drive like a grandmother on bad roads. I currently run BC coilovers and have spoken with Shad on the poor suspension options for the nsx over and over and over again. If you want to lower your car, buy the KW coilovers and that is all you need. Everything else is not as compliant. The KW's ride better than stock at a lower ride height. Ditch your short springs as the stock nsx springs are already wound tighter than a turban and get a set of K-dubs. I have damaged my front fenders multiple times on multiple different suspensions. I currently have my BC coils to where they will not bottom out, but even at the highest setting up front, the car hops around and bounces like a 64 impala on bad roads. This is not how an nsx should feel. Get a set of KW and your done.

I had H&R Springs on 17/18s and I had bottom out, front fender wheel well issues. Switched to TEIN coilovers and its no longer an issue.

Do you have all the fender clips installed? These tend to fall out and need to be replaced. Check the ones at the very top of the fender liner.

you most likely need new shocks....[dampers]...

thank you for all your help,l replaced the shocks with bilstiens and used the factory springs on the lower perch .lt fixed all my problems and performs better then stock !

Back