• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LRP Photography Class - Shooting Cars

Answers to FAQs regarding the LRPMPW

As we’ve signed up clients for Lime Rock Park’s Motorsports Photography Workshop, a number of the same questions are popping up, so we would like to address those questions directly:

People have been asking if there are one-day classes available. The answer is yes.
There are two One-Day schools, each costing $500: Friday, Sept. 3 and Monday, Sept. 6.

Also being asked is, Do I have to own a Nikon body? The answer is no.
It is true that the Lime Rock Motorsports Photography Workshop is in association with Nikon Professional Services, and they will have some bodies for users of the “other” brands to try out, if they wish, but this school is about learning to shoot, not about selling a specific brand.

We’ve been asked if there is a class for the post-shooting work (i.e., digital manipulation, cataloguing, “contact sheets,” etc.). Yes, there is; sorry if we did not make that clear in our initial communication.
Available is a one-day digital workshop ($100) on Sunday, Sept. 5, taught by the same instructor – Jon Meyer – used by National Geographic, Time, Newsweek and the London Daily Telegraph as well as the White House and the U.S. Senate.

Am I getting fed?
Continental breakfast, catered lunch, meet-and-greet with Skip Barber, and a “swag bag” courtesy of noted digital camera retailer Roberts (Indianapolis) are included for all students for all classes.

A true hands-on school, taught by three of the best racing photographers in the business, the workshops are being held during Lime Rock’s biggest, most prestigious event: Historic Festival 28 over the Labor Day weekend. Students will be “on-corner,” just like the orange-vested shooters you see during professional race weekends. The best work by Workshop students will be published on limerock.com and other media, including print.

As mentioned, Nikon Professional Services will offer on-site technical assistance and will have its professional line of cameras and lenses for the workshop participants to use and evaluate.

The Two-Day school is Sept. 3-4, and is $900.

For more information, go to www.limerock.com/photo. To download the application, click here. You may also call 860.435.5000.

Don’t miss out!

The workshop is designed for “experienced” novices as well as advanced-intermediate photographers that want to learn the secrets, skills and techniques needed to successfully shoot the world’s fastest sport. Each student must own a digital SLR camera with interchangeable lenses and understand the essential fundamentals of still photography.

too bad i dont consider myself more advanced. i would love to do a class like this

Back