• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MA Meet Pictures

All,

What a great day. As promised, here are the photos from today's event. PM me your email address and I'll forward the originals.

Attachments

• Dsc_1001_small.jpg
    Dsc_1001_small.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Dsc_1009_small.jpg
    Dsc_1009_small.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Dsc_1014_small.jpg
    Dsc_1014_small.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 140
Thanks for the pictures. .. they look great! I'll send you a PM with my email address and greatly appreciate the pic files.

It was a beautiful day at Kimball's Farm, and it was great to meet everyone and see the personal touches that each has put on their NSX. Hope to see you all at Lime Rock Park on July 7th or at a future NSX event.

-Wick

Thanks for the pictures.... It was great meeting everyone. Wick, are you headed to Lime Rock on the 7th? Anyone else from MA? I'm heading down there with a few folks.

Also we should try to do an event in July/August since the NSX season is so short. Maybe the car night on Thursday's at the same location? I'm also heading to NH the last weekend in June so I will scope out some routes for a group drive.

Not totally sure as I haven't looked at a map yet. I have a friend getting married at Loon, so around that vicinity was what I had in mind (depending upon what looks interesting on a map). I've also been thru the Kangamangas before and might do that again. My thought is that I could do some reconnaissance for a Sept/Oct drive with the full crew once a complete route is scoped out.

Re: NH Routes

I planned some events last year and I'm looking to do the same this year. There's a few roads up north I'll be looking into and Route 118 is one of them. (Probably as part of a big loop via Lincoln-Conway-Sandwich-Warren-Lincoln with as many secluded twisties as possible..) It's among my favorite roads in NH but we missed it last year in favor of some others. If you drive it, I'd be curious about its condition.

We drove this last year and the people with me were surprised it existed.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/nh_hmr.html

It's narrow and windy with 2-way traffic. Not a fast road, but very fun. An NSX might have to watch clearance, dip, etc., but we had 2 Esprits and an F355 with us and they didn't have any problems.

Last edited:
Nice pictures. It was a great day, meeting a very knowledgeable group of people. I enjoyed the ride up from RI - Sunday mornings rule (as long as no tickets!) :wink:

It was amazing to see local NSX's, and enthusiast's with such love for the marque.

Dave, thanks for getting this event together - it's not easy.

Limerock next - unfortunately you guys (and girls) will probably take a different route then down I95, so we won't link up. Suggestion: get behind Dave's car and you will be soon $2000 short! :biggrin:

It was great meeting all you guys and seeing all the mods on everyone's cars. The Lotus was real sweet and John, that's one nice Carrera S you bought to replace the NSX you sold me!

Next stop - Lime Rock on the 7th. I've attended Ferrari races out there the past couple of years (they don't seem to be on the schedule this year) and it took me about 2 1/2 hours to get there. The first year I attended took even longer since Mapquest routed me down 84, thru Hartford and out Rte 44 which is like being on Rte 9 in Mass, only worse. Stoplights everywhere.

Obviously the easiest way is Mass Pike to Exit 2. I'm figuring I'll have to leave around 6:30 to make it out there by 9:00 or so.

I guess we can open another thread if we decide to caravan out there and work out the logistics.

It was great meeting all you guys and seeing all the mods on everyone's cars. The Lotus was real sweet and John, that's one nice Carrera S you bought to replace the NSX you sold me!

Next stop - Lime Rock on the 7th. I've attended Ferrari races out there the past couple of years (they don't seem to be on the schedule this year) and it took me about 2 1/2 hours to get there. The first year I attended took even longer since Mapquest routed me down 84, thru Hartford and out Rte 44 which is like being on Rte 9 in Mass, only worse. Stoplights everywhere.

Obviously the easiest way is Mass Pike to Exit 2. I'm figuring I'll have to leave around 6:30 to make it out there by 9:00 or so.

I guess we can open another thread if we decide to caravan out there and work out the logistics.

Good idea, e.g, another thread re: Lime Rock. I was planning to head out about 6:30 am on the 7th myself... perhaps those interested could meet up at one of the Service center stops on the Mass Pike, i.e., Blandford Plaza (I think it's between exit 3 and exit 2 westbound)??

-Wick

Yeah I have to add it was really nice meeting all you guys, thanks for coming out, it was nice to see some NSX parts in person before I buy more mods. next event, Lyme Rock!

Not totally sure as I haven't looked at a map yet. I have a friend getting married at Loon, so around that vicinity was what I had in mind (depending upon what looks interesting on a map). I've also been thru the Kangamangas before and might do that again. My thought is that I could do some reconnaissance for a Sept/Oct drive with the full crew once a complete route is scoped out.

How did you reconnaissance turn out? Is any of the Kanc or Bear Notch Road under contruction?

I drove to North Conway via backroads and found a great route with lots of new pavement. I'm planning an all-day event starting in Hooksett and tagging some great roads along the way. Any info would be helpful.

I'll post the invite/details in another thread.

Hi Shawn,

This is the route I took.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...7476&sspn=0.724696,1.277161&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1

Generally speaking, I found the conditions of the roads to be excellent.... far surpassing what we have to deal with here in Mass. Some parts of the drive were excellent, some were boring.

Plymouth to Wentworth - Pretty boring, but necessary because the drive from Wentworth to Lincoln is really worth it. Lots of twisties and through a park with limited traffic. A definite highlight as far as the driving experience on this route, although there aren't any views (which may be a good thing).

Lincoln to Conway via Kangamagus - A pretty drive. Moderately twisty with great vistas and I'd definitely recommend it as being worth the time.

Conway to Twin Mt. - Conway is pretty commercial and in my opinion would be better to avoid it, if possible. Bear Notch Road in Carroll is an intruiging possibility but it would definitely need to be scouted out as I have no idea what condition the road is in and it could be really rough. Crawford Notch is really nice, easy driving with some views and has a great place to stop off for lunch or a break. Just south of the Mt. Washington Hotel is a new lodge that was built by the Appalachian Mountain Club that I think would be a great stop.

Twin Mt. to Bath - A dud, both scenery and driving wise. I'd definitely skip it in favor of going through Franconia Notch, which is is very, very beautiful. Best route is coming thru Franconia from the South to the North.

If I were to do this route again, this would be the route I would take. Bear Notch Road would be an option, depending upon road condition and drivability.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....007632,-71.575928&spn=0.885991,1.716614&z=10

Thanks for all the detail!

The section of 118 between Wentworth and the Kanc is what I was referring to above. Definitely one of the better roads up there. I heard it was paved last year and it sounds like it was from your report.

No construction on the Kanc? That would be a first in a few years for the section between Bear Notch Road and Conway. Bypassing Conway is fairly easy. I made the mistake of not bypassing Conway last year and I hit so much traffic I had to shorten the loop.

Bear Notch road is on my route this year. I drove it last year and it was getting bumpy, but it's not a very long stretch. It's a great road when it's smooth.

Back