• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Maintenance Schedule for 2017 NSX

I uploaded the Maintenance Schedule for the 2017 NSX. I imagine it is the same relatively speaking for the 2018 through 2021.

Attachments

• Maintenance Schedule 2017 NSX.pdf
    118.2 KB · Views: 134
My service advisor has not recommended anything beyond the oil and filter change that was done when the car was on the road for over 2 years.

I thought he would suggest changing the NSX cabin air filter when I had the car in for the summer tire/wheels swap last week, but he said it was just in the yellow zone of the green yellow red coding they use. My car has 13K miles and 4 1/2 years on the road.

A similar philosophy noted when I brought my LC 500 convertible in for the summer tire/wheels swap last week, Lexus typically recommends an oil and filter changed at 6 months or 1000 miles. My car has 1200 miles after 5 months. The service advisor said do the oil and filter in the Fall when you go back to winter tires/wheels.

Here you go, I added miles to the Scheduled Maintenance. As noted above, our cars have built in maintenance minders that will pop up and tell us to do something. I am really anal about maintenance and like to be ahead of the curve. Also notice in the fine print it says to change the oil if a year has passed even if not driven. Then it says change the filter every two years even if not driven. My take is changing the oil takes most of the work and the filter is relatively easy. So always change the filter when changing the oil. While our engine has not been shown to have problems with oil becoming sludgy after awhile, I can recall that Toyota and Lexus specifically had a lot of 3 liter engine failures due to prolonged oil change intervals. The engine heads were eventually reworked but not until there were a shit load of failed engines. There was never a recall but Lexus fixed those engines out of good will for years. This whole episode resulted in their changing oil changes to not only miles but time based. So even if you don't drive your car for the year, it is recommended that you change the oil. My only dilemma is that I do not have a lift at home as I would enjoy doing the process myself. Putting the car up on jacks is again not too much fun given I like to look things over and laying on my back is not my preference.

Attachments

• Maintenance Schedule 2017 NSX in miles and KM.pdf
    158.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Back