• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mallett Solstice package with 400hp LS2

Just when you thought it was safe to pick on the Pontiac convertible...

http://mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

solsticev8blacklg.jpg

Standard Package - $18,000

400 HP V8 LS2 Engine - Rated at 400 HP @ 6,000 RPM and 400 LB-FT @ 4,400 RPM
LS2 Clutch, Pressure Plate, and Flywheel
Custom Modified Lowered Shocks
New Springs
Control Arm (A-Arm) Bushings
Corsa Stainless Muffler
World famous Mallett body graphics
Mallett graphics embroidered on seat headrests
Show Car Detailing
Mallett serial number plaque
2-year 24,000 mile warranty

Preferred Package - $19,995
Everything in the Standard Package PLUS:
Air conditioning (Vehicle must have been originally equipped with air conditioning from factory)

Loaded Package - $24,995
Everything in the Preferred Package PLUS:
Mallett / Penske Non-Adjustable Shocks

Supercharged Package - $38,995
Everything in the Preferred Package PLUS:
Vortech Supercharger
Luk Pro Gold Clutch
Mallett / Penske Double-Adjustable Shocks

I imagine those prices are IN ADDITION to the price of the car itself...

Otherwise it sounds like a STEAL!

P.S. In terms of looks I prefer the styling of its platform-mate the Saturn Sky

It's how Pontiac should have built the car in the first place. American manufacturers are going bankrupt and can't figure out why.:rolleyes: Build something worth buying!

rickysals said:
yea, put that in the Sky... and for $40,000 you have a 400HP light car.

I'll take thirty! :p
They're light, but not that light. Stock, they weigh 2860 pounds, and I assume with the LS2, it'll gain a little more weight. Still, I bet it's one fast car!

Patdeisa said:
They're light, but not that light. Stock, they weigh 2860 pounds, and I assume with the LS2, it'll gain a little more weight. Still, I bet it's one fast car!

150lbs to be exact. I'd imagine "fast car" is correct! It's a great idea, and one that Pontiac/GM, should have offered in the first place. But with some proper brakes!

I think if I theoretically had 45k to drop on a fast american car (and we're talking big time hypotheticals), I'd rather buy a corvette engined corvette, than a corvette engined solstice. The vette still has the better suspension and brakes, plus a factory warranty (that will likely be needed).

Will

Autoweek quoted Mallet figures of 4.2 seconds 0-60 and a quarter mile time "faster than a C6 Corvette" for the base 400 hp. version.

Air conditioning (Vehicle must have been originally equipped with air conditioning from factory)

Anyone else notice this? They are charging $2k to install air conditioning.....that was already installed by the factory.

Sheesh....

ccns23 said:

Anyone else notice this? They are charging $2k to install air conditioning.....that was already installed by the factory.

Sheesh....

And $5k more for a set of non-adjustable suspension upgrade...... :rolleyes:

I have only seen one of those on the road (not the modified one obviously) and I thought it looked really good. As I understand it, GM had to redo one of their assembly lines to keep up with the demand on this car.

GM just needs to replicate this success with some of their other lines and perhaps they will start making some dough again!

I think this modified Solstice is really sweet. I agree with you guys though. Those brakes need some attention if the car is throwing down 400HP.

steveny said:
It's how Pontiac should have built the car in the first place. American manufacturers are going bankrupt and can't figure out why.:rolleyes: Build something worth buying!

I'd buy one stock for $20,000

even being a Pontiac

(if I fit in one??)

American car manufacturers aren't going bankrupt becaise of their niche vehicles like this. They are going bankrupt because they have to slash prices to sell inferior Impalas, Taurus's, Focus's, Cavalier's, and their SUV's are a joke.

The Solstice/Sky a step forward, not backwards.. just a very small babystep because a Miata-like car can ONLY spark the solution, not solve it

rickysals said:
American car manufacturers aren't going bankrupt becaise of their niche vehicles like this. They are going bankrupt because they have to slash prices to sell inferior Impalas, Taurus's, Focus's, Cavalier's, and their SUV's are a joke.

...and the inferior Solstice is a joke with no HP under the hood.

Back