• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Marine Engine builder/shop in Phoenix?

Howdy, I picked up a decent rehab boat today from a friend's neighbor for real cheap

The Olds 455 marine engine needs to see a bench / wrench

Anyone know an excellent engine builder/shop around Phoenix that can rebuild/rehab a marine Olds 455 ?

I hear the Olds motors are kinda different from Chevy and Fords due to oil starvation at higher RPMs, some design flaw

Seller threw in a pair of comp cams and parts and my gut tells me that I should let a pro handle this one...

(...77 views but nobody knows a good mechanic in Phoenix for marine engines? *shrug* )

Last edited:
There was AZ speed marine, but they are no longer in business. There is a great place off of country club in mesa, between brown and mckellips. You may want to hit them up. I believe the name was Bergeron Marine, and they would be great for that olds 455. Hit em up

There was AZ speed marine, but they are no longer in business. There is a great place off of country club in mesa, between brown and mckellips. You may want to hit them up. I believe the name was Bergeron Marine, and they would be great for that olds 455. Hit em up

Yup, I have heard that Bergeron is the shop to go to from more than one source. Appreciate the information. :smile:

Fine. I will not view anymore of your threads I don't know jack about.

But I do want to go fishing once you have her up and running. :biggrin:

Lol, sure... you bring the beer

Back