• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Masters anyone?

Any hackers living (and dying) vicariously watching the Masters? Shaping up to be an interesting couple of days. The greens are brutal enough but I'm marvelling at how the layout changes and other factors have made it so tough as well.

But mostly, the story is about "the kids. If they hold up under the pressure from the old guard, they will be well on the way to rewriting the book. Anyone pulling for Freddy Couples and a member of his "Old Guys Rule" brigade? :tongue: Seeing Furyk's near ace on 12 made me smile too. Of course the kids and all that go out the window if Tiger returns to make a patented charge tomorrow.

OK, TMI, I gotta go back out to the garage for awhile. :redface:

Any hackers living (and dying) vicariously watching the Masters? Shaping up to be an interesting couple of days. The greens are brutal enough but I'm marvelling at how the layout changes and other factors have made it so tough as well.

But mostly, the story is about "the kids. If they hold up under the pressure from the old guard, they will be well on the way to rewriting the book. Anyone pulling for Freddy Couples and a member of his "Old Guys Rule" brigade? :tongue: Seeing Furyk's near ace on 12 made me smile too. Of course the kids and all that go out the window if Tiger returns to make a patented charge tomorrow.

OK, TMI, I gotta go back out to the garage for awhile. :redface:

Although I hate DirecTV, I am loving the Masters coverage. 6 different cameras all at once on the same screen. Now THAT is picture-in-picture!! They're calling for 90 degrees and up tomorrow. Blistering heat on a golf course. Should make for an interesting final round.

Re: Strange

I would have expected more golfers on this site.

Guess I won't ask if anyone thinks it funny that Rory McIlroy sounds a lot like "Roy McAvoy" (from TinCup). :rolleyes:

Re: Strange

I would have expected more golfers on this site.

Guess I won't ask if anyone thinks it funny that Rory McIlroy sounds a lot like "Roy McAvoy" (from TinCup). :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing! Ha! Can you imagine yourself at 21 in that position? I am going to be glued to the tube this afternoon. Not doing anything but sittin on my arse, and watching people play much better than I can.

Re: A new era

Can you imagine yourself at 21 in that position?
I'll be watching the Masters and the F-1 race and marvelling at how quickly times have changed. A mere 6 years ago, Tiger and Schumacher were the undisputed kings in their respective sports. Now, they're "old" and almost no factor.

The new kids are showing that youth and all the training that is available are now king. And there's so many of them doing it, it may be a long time before one of them is called the new king. Easy to see why some guys get so sentimental over the likes of Nicklaus and Palmer.

I'll be watching the Masters and the F-1 race and marvelling at how quickly times have changed. A mere 6 years ago, Tiger and Schumacher were the undisputed kings in their respective sports. Now, they're "old" and almost no factor.

The new kids are showing that youth and all the training that is available are now king. And there's so many of them doing it, it may be a long time before one of them is called the new king. Easy to see why some guys get so sentimental over the likes of Nicklaus and Palmer.

Did you see the ESPN special on Nicklaus? I think it was called 'Yes Sir', if I recall correctly. I'm a big fan of the ESPN short stories, and this is one of the finest.

I think Tiger still has a lot of years left to be effective. I'm hoping this is more of a slump than anything else. His talent is unlike any that has been seen before; it would be a shame not to see his gradual rise to be the winningest ever. Whether he deserves it or not is beside the point for me. Really, I'd just like to be a witness to history being made. Simple as that.

Sorry. Just got this posting... Been watching!!! Always glued to the TV this weekend.
-Robert

I think Tiger still has a lot of years left to be effective. I'm hoping this is more of a slump than anything else. His talent is unlike any that has been seen before; it would be a shame not to see his gradual rise to be the winningest ever. Whether he deserves it or not is beside the point for me. Really, I'd just like to be a witness to history being made. Simple as that.
Agreed. I was happy to see Tiger put it together today and I'm pulling for him to get back in regular form. I think he will and go on to win the most majors but he just won't predictably dominate like before; he'll just be one of 25 who can win on any given weekend. But maybe when he's off his game, Phil will be too and they can still battle each other one on one for a top 20 finish. :eek: That is until they're on the seniors' tour which I'm sure will be taking anyone over 40 pretty soon.

Hated to see Rory throw it away like he was Tin Cup Roy. Obviously didn't blow it for the same reasons, but the results were the same. Hope his GF doesn't dump him. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Anyway, that was one hell of a finish. :smile:

I got to go to Augusta National again this year for one practice day. The place is still amazing in its simple perfection. I've posted some photos from the last two Masters visits, plus some Ryder Cup stuff from Valhalla in 2008. Here's the link: http://www.onsiteimages.biz/Just-for-Fun/Golf-Photos

Hit the slideshow button in the upper right to cycle through them automatically.

Back