• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Member Section

How about a dedicated member section that list all the members, and when you click on the member name it'll show you some info on them like homepage, hobbies, etc...

This way if I want to email one of the members right away, I don't have to go searching for a post with them in it.

Also, it's nice to see everyone listed in one section. I'd like to know how many members are really on this board.

Don't flame me but, I got the idea from my other board, the RX-7 board. It's really a great idea, and makes looking for members easier for everyone.

Thanks

------------------
Richard

Electro made the same suggestion a couple months ago http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000009.html

I think the idea is good and I'd be happy to set something up, but this software only supports message forums, not private user-editable home pages.

I could create a "Member Bios" message forum and people could write one message about themselves and keep it updated if you think that would work well. Then you could also provide a link to it in your signature...

OK Veleno and Electro, since you were the two who asked for it let's see something from you in the Member Bios section!

FYI I set that forum so you can use true HTML in messages instead of just the UBB tags in case anyone wants to get fancy.

Originally posted by Veleno:
I'd like to know how many members are really on this board.

You can see the total registered users on the main Forum screen. It's on the top right of the forum listings. As of right now it's 473.

Hey Lud,

I know I asked for a member section so thanks for putting one up. However, I was hoping that a list with all the members would be put up, instead of us typing in the info. Is this possible with your software? If not, I'll get the member section started. Thanks again.

------------------
Richard

Originally posted by Veleno:
I was hoping that a list with all the members would be put up, instead of us typing in the info. Is this possible with your software? If not, I'll get the member section started. Thanks again.

I do not have a way to do that on the site. I can generate that list from the administrative console but it wouldn't tell you much anyway because it is just a list of screen names. The software doesn't let you really support an in-depth profile for your user ID.

Back