• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

...cuz the gas tax revenue, which was supposed to be 100% dedicated to road repair, goes into the general fund, where it's spread across overall operating expenses like butter spread on hot toasted bread. you know, just like "all the Lotto revenue goes to education. " Right....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Worse than that, look up MI "prevailing wage laws" which mandate we pay Union scale regardless of what commercial contractors we use.

That's a 30% skim off the top of the monies spent on the roads, that never make it to the tarmac........

Jh4na115xmt001002

I was browsing the flea bay listings for NSX's and look what I found right in our own back yard :smile: Alleged one owner, 35K miles, 1991 Silver/Black 5 speed JH4NA115XMT001002.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX/382401415960?hash=item5908e68b18:g:7pgAAOSwl5tanvI7&vxp=mtr

Don't know if they will ever reach their buy it now price of $79.9 K though.
I might stop in to try and have a look.

I knew of an older gentleman that was the original owner of a silver NSX who lived off of Beck Road between 5 and 7 Mile Roads, Northville, MI. I wonder whether this was his?

Update: Holy crap they have two NSX's for sale. 1992 red/blk 5 spd alleged two owner with 69,230 miles and a BIN of $69.9 K.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX/382405207329?hash=item5909206521:g:YAoAAOSwIrpaox6u&vxp=mtr

JH4NA1157NT000276

Last edited:
that looks like the Vanguard showroom... 5 mile just East of Beck.... at the south entrance to My subdivision.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They will certainly be around here to look at for a long time. Both those NSX's are overpriced for the current market, to the tune of $20K each.

Neal, with regard to 001002, I recall seeing a listing for that vehicle on Hemmings last year in Northville. You are right on the money. It was a listing by the original owner, in which he claimed he had the second one ever imported to the US and was asking $90k. I think he legimately thought 1002 meant #2 . It was amusing.

JH4NA1157NT000276 Red/Onyx 1992 NSX five speed

Last Thursday, March 15th, I stopped into Vanguard Motor Sales, Keel Street, Plymouth, MI 48170. Frankly, I cannot believe I have never visited this place before. :redface: Their main location and showroom is chalk full of nice iron. Mostly muscle cars, but def. some classics present.

I went there to check out their two fleabay listed NSX’s – a silver 91 and a red 92 (manuals). The silver ( JH4NA115XMT001002 ) was out getting a right rear Qtr panel scratch painted. The red was at their alternate storage building where Dimo was nice enough to show me.

JH4NA1157NT000276 was found to be a decent red/black NSX 5 speed. I took three cell phone pics (pardon the crappy one attached). I think I recall it had almost 70K miles. Body very nice, drvr seat bolster worn commensurate to miles. Flocking on engine cover distressed. Engine bay very, very nice. I did not look into trunk or front compartment.

Dimo confirmed the silver 1991 NSX JH4NA115XMT001002 was the silver I previously referenced - owned by an older gentleman, original owner, w/one minor incident in which the rear fascia was replaced; resided near Beck and 6-7 Mile Road Northville, MI; Vanguard Mtr bought it from him with records, etc, included.

Dimo’s telly # is 586-303-5553 if interested.

They are hosting their Second Annual Open House and Car Show on Saturday, May 5th, from 9am to 3pm with an open showroom, everyone welcome, food provided, “premium parking” for all classic cars.

[email protected] for any questions.

92 red black 5 spd crappy cell ph overall view.jpg

I'm no expert on NSX pricing trends but have read enough to know these BIN numbers are aggressive. However makes me start to wonder what my minty /94 with 53K miles and an extra set of 02+ wheels might be worth. Just thinking, nothing more at the moment. And no, I don't want to sell the wheels.Last year I disbursed north of $300 for the privilege of driving the car 1,000 miles give or take 100. Roads are even worse this year. Sad to say I'm seriously considering not even putting her on the road this year. I'll probably find it hard to resist driving her a bit (which will necessitate forking over the $300+) but our road conditions just make me very angry. Once my son is done with high school it will be goodbye MI for me. Rant over. Best,Jeff

Will do thanks. I was just thinking about our Cdn friends last night.

Cool, let's get as many SE MI NSX'ers as we can to join in the fun of EstFest 2018!

We have been to several, and they are ALWAYS a great time ;^D

Ditto this posting!

Cool, let's get as many SE MI NSX'ers as we can to join in the fun of EstFest 2018!

We have been to several, and they are ALWAYS a great time ;^D

:biggrin: FOR SURE, sca037!

I was looking forward to a bit of Friday night track time at Toronto Motorsports Park as the kick-off event for this NSXCC weekend, but oh well -
understand the decision made by NSXCC on it.

There is another thing I bring to my fellow Michigan NSX owner's attention. :redface:

I hear all of your pain in the registration (license-plating each year) of your NSX's. License plate "tabs" or whatever you call it. It is outrageous and our roads in southern Michigan are rotten. That said, I remind you that you may (as far as I know at this writing):

- obtain a 30 day "paper registration" tag
- obtain a 60 day " " " " tag

By providing proper proof of current MI no-fault auto insurance coverage, money, ownership (i.e. title presentation), money (!), and owner I.D. In other words, you can temp. register your NSX for the weeks/months you intend to drive the wheels off it :eek: As example, to register NSX for 12 months = ~$420. Can get 60 day temp registration for proportionally less - 1/6th the fee + an SOS service fee. AND per my conversations with at least two MI SOS clerks, one is allowed to repeat 30/60 day temp. registrations as long as proper docs are presented (NOT an extension of your current temp tag - it is a re-issuance w/a new temp tag).

(As a reminder, does not work with a MI vanity plate - once a vanity plate is "surrendered" (i.e. not currently registered) the plate becomes available to anyone.)

And just so you know, in Michigan any alteration of a temporary registration is a Felony. Public service announcement over. :biggrin:

Last edited:
[emoji3] FOR SURE, sca037!

I was looking forward to a bit of Friday night track time at Toronto Motorsports Park as the kick-off event for this NSXCC weekend, but oh well -
understand the decision made by NSXCC on it.

There is another thing I bring to my fellow Michigan NSX owner's attention. :redface:

I hear all of your pain in the registration (license-plating each year) of your NSX's. License plate "tabs" or whatever you call it. It is outrageous and our roads in southern Michigan are rotten. That said, I remind you that you may (as far as I know at this writing):

- obtain a 30 day "paper registration" tag
- obtain a 60 day " " " " tag

By providing proper proof of current MI no-fault auto insurance coverage, money, ownership (i.e. title presentation), money (!), and owner I.D. In other words, you can temp. register your NSX for the weeks/months you intend to drive the wheels off it :eek: As example, to register NSX for 12 months = ~$420. Can get 60 day temp registration for proportionally less - 1/6th the fee + an SOS service fee. AND per my conversations with at least two MI SOS clerks, one is allowed to repeat 30/60 day temp. registrations as long as proper docs are presented (NOT an extension of your current temp tag - it is a re-issuance w/a new temp tag).

(As a reminder, does not work with a MI vanity plate - once a vanity plate is "surrendered" (i.e. not currently registered) the plate becomes available to anyone.)

And just so you know, in Michigan any alteration of a temporary registration is a Felony. Public service announcement over. [emoji3]
great plan! Nice cost-cutter. of course, some of you are coming up on the 26 & older plan, which means historic plates. Just $30 & they are good for 10 years. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

great plan! Nice cost-cutter. of course, some of you are coming up on the 26 & older plan, which means historic plates. Just $30 & they are good for 10 years. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

That is us this year, yay!

Another option is a plate transfer from your winter beater to the NSX every year, if you like the idea of a metal plate instead of paper.

I haven't done this yet, but a buddy of mine used to do it on his V12 Jags and a 20 year old Buick Park Ave. Probably more expensive than the paper tags, but still more affordable than full-permanent metal plates for the NSX.

speaking of Jaguars...home from winter storage... and meeting its cousin. :)

d74afc00c0f61ece70489b3d145fe5bc.jpg

Rammer- DO tell! Love the colors. [emoji2]

April Fool's joke? Nah...
lol no joke.

The sedan is the XE in Firenza Red. It's the S package, which means the sport suspension, 380 hp supercharged V6, and other goodness. Liking it... wonderful handling for an AWD sedan, balance and coherence between front and rear.

Anyone in this area have an engine machinist that does superior work? This isn't for the NSX, but it is a Honda engine. TIA

Give us a brief outline as to what you're looking to have done, as that will help with determining the answer.

Give us a brief outline as to what you're looking to have done, as that will help with determining the answer.

Right on.

L15A engine from a 2009 Honda Fit (SOHC). Need cylinder boring (including alignment to the crank), con rod & piston balancing, block and head decking, valves and seats cut and aligned. That's about all.

Right on.

L15A engine from a 2009 Honda Fit (SOHC). Need cylinder boring (including alignment to the crank), con rod & piston balancing, block and head decking, valves and seats cut and aligned. That's about all.

Cool, I'll ask around and report back!

Back