• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Speaking of yellow...Tweety, a former Michigan car, is up for sale...I know Al babied the hell out of this thing. Surprised to see him letting it go. New owner will get one extremely well-kept car.
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rkpAAEjl/1997-acura-nsx-t
I saw that as well Ryan. I commented on it a bit and he said he just does not drive it, that has never changed. He is always too worried about it when he does drive it so it sounds like a good idea to sell it and move on. Interesting to see how much it goes for considering the engine mods which some shy away from.

Hey folks! Just wanted to reach out and let everyone know I have sold Tweety. I sold her to a great guy in Las Vegas. Got $115K, which I think was a fair deal all the way around. The car will be picked up mid-week next week. I have to say I have come close to choking up knowing she is sold. I owned her for 24 years and still love her. It is true I don’t drive her much and worried and obsessed way too much. I knew it was time to let someone else enjoy her. Maybe I will get back in at some point, but for the time being, I will be on the sidelines. I wish everyone here good health, safe driving and much happiness. Take care!

Duffer!

When Neal shot us a link to Tweety's auction, I gave the photos a look and it was a trip in the wayback machine.
I'm confident whoever is the new owner of this immaculate car will continue to be a steward on its behalf.

Cheers,
Brian & Judi

I can't imagine having to see it go! Glad its going to a good climate and hopefully the new owner fully appreciates just how much you cared for it all these years and continues with that. Hope all is well!

I can't imagine having to see it go! Glad its going to a good climate and hopefully the new owner fully appreciates just how much you cared for it all these years and continues with that. Hope all is well!
Hey Ryan - I am so glad that you and much of the local MI NSX fans are still at it 11+ years after we moved to Charlotte. We love the Carolinas. Down here, imports are very mainstream. However, the NSX community is very weak compared to Michigan. I would not have predicted that when we moved here.

As far as I am concerned, the car should be picked up in a couple of days and I have been very emotional about things. I guess when you own a car for 24 years and modify exactly how you want it and obsess about its upkeep and all, you grow emotionally attached. I am going to try to stay on the sidelines for a few years and decide if, and what, car I would like to purchase. Maybe a NC1 NSX - perhaps a Type S. We shall see. The new owner is a fabulous guy out of Las Vegas. He is pretty particular about keeping his cars in pristine shape and has owned many European brands previously. He told me he has never owned a Japanese car, nor even been in a NSX before. I think he is in for a pleasant surprise. He should be introducing himself on Prime to the local LV owners once he has Tweety. Take care and keep loving your NSX. They are truly special.

Last edited:
Hello all -

Can anyone recommend a local front end alignment shop for our cars to Metro Detroit ?

I heard our favorite local dealer tech (MM) is no longer around (I see Suburban Acura isn't either) .

Thanks

We've not had a NSX aligned there, but AutoLab on Ann Arbor Road in Plymouth has aligned other cars for us and is also our go-to shop for tire mounting and balancing.

Hello all -

Can anyone recommend a local front end alignment shop for our cars to Metro Detroit ?

I heard our favorite local dealer tech (MM) is no longer around (I see Suburban Acura isn't either) .

Thanks
Precision motorsports in Farmington hills right down grand river from the old Acura dealer is where we take the NSX now. They installed KW coilovers and the alignment/service was perfect. I have taken my Supra to them for m at mods and they are the best around. They special in euro cars but literally can work on anything.

Just wanted to post a few pictures for the Prime faithful. Our local NSX enthusiast members braved the cold weather and came out in force to showcase their beautiful Acuras at our local Acura/Honda enthusiast get-together last Saturday. The NSXs were definitely the highlight of the show for most of our attendees.

A very special thanks to Neal, Jeff, Brian, Judy, Rob, and anyone else I may have missed for making the show incredibly successful. I'm definitely looking forward to a few more get-togethers and enthusiastic drives over the coming months with you all.

Cheers,
Brent-
IMG_8054.jpgIMG_8055.jpgIMG_8059.jpgIMG_8058.jpgIMG_8053.jpgIMG_8063.jpgIMG_8064.jpgIMG_8066.jpg

Hey Brent,

Judi and I were impressed with the turnout for your show, and it was great meeting a whole bunch of younger enthusiasts whose circles usually don't overlap ours.
It was awesome seeing Kris bring his S800, that was the 1st time nearly everyone had seen one in person it seems.
We really wanted to bring the Acty microvan which is still not ready for prime time......but the purple boostmonster got a lot of love in its place!
Waynes World Yes GIF

Last minute decision, but I'm going to make a quick run over to the Northville cars and coffee off Beck Rd. tomorrow morning if anybody is up for a little early-morning fiesta....
15701 Technology Dr., Northville....9AM-12PM, sounds like it may be a little chaotic getting in and parked, so I plan on being there by 8:30 for any bored early birds. Would love to see another NSX in the mix!

I have a conflicting event tomorrow, but Judi might be able to join you there.
Because of sooo many cars trying to get into the Industrial Park it was nightmarish getting into the last one from 5 Mile Road, so my suggestion would be to take Beck Northbound past 5 Mile then turn Right onto Technology Drive to get to the C&C.

1685154038128.png

Last edited:
Anybody planning on attending 23' NSXPO in Atlanta? About an 11.5 hour trip for me, but not sure if we will have a closer event to the Midwest in the future? Thanks in advance!

Anybody planning on attending 23' NSXPO in Atlanta? About an 11.5 hour trip for me, but not sure if we will have a closer event to the Midwest in the future? Thanks in advance!

I'm out - a reunion the exact same weekend that I will not miss.
RobM might be going?

Baker's of Milford Sunday afternoon cruise-ins - never know what one might see there.
Last Sunday 6-18-23 this big boy strutted right through. Note the rear-steer position - I drew a vertical line at the young man positioned there:

2023-6-18 Bakers hook and ladder fire truck! - Copy.JPG

Sunday 6-4-2023 with Bryan D's Triple Giallo 458:

2023-6-4 2 Bakers His beerbelly is bigger than mine!.JPG

That beer belly in orange isn't mine, BTW. I'm not quite THAT BIG 😇

It appears the NSX parts fairy left us a present on our front porch while we were at the June Sprints this weekend 🏎️

Yup, I'm going. Haven't made any plans yet other than I registered and booked the hotel. Where in the midwest are you, there aren't many events in Michigan (seems like 1 a year) but I think the Chicago guys do more. Most of the events I go to are with the S2000 group from the s2ki website, but NSX's are always welcome. Most trips usually have 1 or 2 along with anything else fun to drive. The closest driving trip is southern Ohio, although we already did that one in June. Coming up is a VA trip and WVA trip, note these are not get together and look at your cars trips, they are fast driving on twisty road trips.

Went to Mid Ohio Sports Car Course Fri/Sat for the INDY CARS racing bill. You probably heard about/saw the Saturday INDY cars practice session where Simon Pagenaud lost brakes at the end of the 3,000 foot straight. Drivers touching 180mph down the straight, approaching a ~ 110 degree right hander into "the Esses." Sitting on the viewing mound between turns 4 and 5 with a birdseye view of that right turn at 4 I picked up Pagenaud's #60 Sirius XM Meyer-Shank Racing Acura just as it went airborne off the turn.
Multiple barrel-rolls later, clear through the "kitty litter" of China Beach, he ended up against the tire retaining wall upside down. Crowd went silent holding their breath. Replay later showed eight (8) barrel rolls. Glad he was O K.
Aftermath photo:

MidOhio 8 #60 SiriusXM Meyer Shank Racing's Pagenaud after 8 barrel rolls Sat's practice at Ch...JPG

Simon's horrifying crash into China Beach is still second to the Nissan that years earlier actually cleared a fence into the spectator area!
As bad as they looked, those type of crashes do dissipate a lot of energy over time often contributing to more positive driver outcomes.

dsc_0102-jpg.90892

Hey bmac, did you drive by the Northville Concours at Mill Race on Griswald today?

If so, consider yourself Spotted :cool:

Back