• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Chris, thanks again for setting up that amazing GM Heritage Collection tour!

Bop on up to Vegas, bay-bee...........should be a hoot :biggrin:

Brian
(here's a picture that Cody posted in the NSXPO forum of his rig)

Attachments

• Vegas bound, baby!.jpg
    Vegas bound, baby!.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 65
Chris, thanks again for setting up that amazing GM Heritage Collection tour!

Bop on up to Vegas, bay-bee...........should be a hoot :biggrin:

Brian
(here's a picture that Cody posted in the NSXPO forum of his rig)

Oh man that is an awesome sight! A lot of people who drive past that will be drooling!

Here's some footage I took from the Heritage Center, they are all short clips:

Corvette Mako Shark and Manta Ray:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8sbqBZcURI

More Corvette prototypes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsfLs7cd2PI

Cadillac Sixteen concept V-16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPT-VcDRSc4

Buick Y-Job, 1951 LeSabre Concept, Cadillac Le Mans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7pUgz8J-V8

Montage of concepts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pDRD8dL1I

Firebirds I, II, and III:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyFsPsYV3-4

Chris

OK, we survived NSXPO 2010 in Vegas :biggrin:

Wow, 135 NSX's in one place is quite the sight to behold.
All colors present except (wait for it)...................Imola Orange.
So many stories to tell, maybe CJ's this Wednesday should be reserved for that purpose!

Here's a teaser picture or two :wink:
Brian

Attachments

• Parking Lot (RSO34).jpg
    Parking Lot (RSO34).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Group 6 at overlook.jpg
    Group 6 at overlook.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
OK, we survived NSXPO 2010 in Vegas :biggrin:

Wow, 135 NSX's in one place is quite the sight to behold.
All colors present except (wait for it)...................Imola Orange.
So many stories to tell, maybe CJ's this Wednesday should be reserved for that purpose!

Here's a teaser picture or two :wink:
Brian

Holy Mother of God!! That is an awesome (and huge) collection of NSX's! I can't wait to see more pics!

Chris

Cody transported the turbo back home from NSXPO safe and sound.
I can't thank him enough for going the extra MILES to get the car there and enable a fantastic time in Vegas.............kudos my friend :cool:

Now I would like to have a bit of paint work done on the front and rear facias, so is there a local shop that excels at matching difficult shades (Midnight Pearl with a satin clearcoat) I could entrust it to?

TIA,
Brian

I can't thank him enough for going the extra MILES to get the car there and enable a fantastic time in Vegas.............kudos my friend :cool:

Now I would like to have a bit of paint work done on the front and rear facias, so is there a local shop that excels at matching difficult shades (Midnight Pearl with a satin clearcoat) I could entrust it to?

TIA,
Brian

We had a great painter but he retired. He did custom paint on the LBBP which is the hardest to match correctly and did it 100%. The NSX is at a shop in Troy getting the nose re-painted and the sample we saw looked perfect and we should have it back by next week and I will report the results but I am expecting a A+ perfect job. You would love his shop as well, a REAL car enthusiast. :biggrin:

http://www.classicandexotic.com/

TIA,
Brian

Brian,
You saw the hood and skirts on my car but you probably didn't notice the right lowerpanel which had a 5 inch scratch which required repair and repaint. Cannot tell that there was any work performed. Body shop in Chelsea, MI. Give me a call. Highly recommended.
Tim

We had a great painter but he retired. He did custom paint on the LBBP which is the hardest to match correctly and did it 100%. The NSX is at a shop in Troy getting the nose re-painted and the sample we saw looked perfect and we should have it back by next week and I will report the results but I am expecting a A+ perfect job. You would love his shop as well, a REAL car enthusiast. :biggrin:

http://www.classicandexotic.com/

I certainly look forward to hearing of (and seeing!) how things turn out, and I am also very hopeful that they'll turn out well. Hope to see you guys in the near future :)

I certainly look forward to hearing of (and seeing!) how things turn out, and I am also very hopeful that they'll turn out well. Hope to see you guys in the near future :)

Sounds good since you guys are first on the list in the Spring......:biggrin:

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I now at least have the Vegas NSXPO sticker proudly displayed on the purple beast (it was a hard picture to get, as you can tell ;^)

Brian

Attachments

• NSXPO 2010 (Vegas) sticker 1.jpg
    NSXPO 2010 (Vegas) sticker 1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 39
Hi All! Its been a bit busy at my end thus my silence. I hope all of my MI NSX confreres (and soeurs -- in defence to Judy) are doing well. I figured that I'd try and drive the NSX right up until the bitter end (which I understand may come on Thursday when weather folks are calling for snow flurries)! I've just come up on 1 year of NSX ownership and must say its been very enjoyable and its been great meeting many of you. I'm happy to report that in the 10,000 miles I have put on the car this past year there have been no mechanical failures, no failures to start up on the first try and absolutely nothing unexpected in the way of maintenance requirements. Quite the performance for a 16 year old car. And above all, what a special feeling driving this piece of automotive art and engineering tour de force. Sure, a modern Porsche and perhaps some other sports cars may have eclipsed some of the NSX's abilities but really, I believe that there is nothing else like this car on the road.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and best wishes for the holiday season.

Jeff

Hi,
I'm Steve and I live in Canton. I bought a black '91 NSX about 6 weeks ago - I drove it back from St. Louis and plan to work on it over the Winter. It doesn't have much of a service history and it's been re-painted, but it goes well and seems solid. I'm planning to do the TB and WP, and hope to have it ready for some track days in the Spring. I sold my Evo X to help fund this car - and I'm finding the lack of power steering quite a workout!
I didn't realize there were so many NSXs in the area; I haven't seen any of you on the road. I see references to CJ's in some of the posts here - I work at AVL just down the road. Do you meet there on a regular basis? I'd like to meet up and say hi.
Take care,
Steve P.

Welcome, Steve!

Yes, a few of us set aside Wednesday nights for dinner and refreshments at CJ's, due to their fantastic menu pricing that night.
Please do come by and join us whenever you possibly can :cool:
Our NSX's are put away for the season, but we do have a bit of work planned over the Winter.

Hope to meet you soon :cool:
Brian

Steve,

Glad to welcome another NSX to the MI fold. I have a Formula Red /94 that I brought back to MI from AZ last November. You'll find the NSX group here in the greater Detroit area is a very nice bunch of people. Sometimes I blast down to Canton in the NSX to pick up Indian carry out at Ashoka (Ford Road and Haggerty)! I live in Farmington Hills. As for me, as long as there is no snow/salt residue on the roads, I like to give the car a run once or twice a week as opposed to putting it into dry dock over the winter. By the way, the one tech that I think is top notch for NSX service here in the greater Detroit area is Mike Michalik at Suburban Acura. I actually took him to Phoenix with me last November to inspect the car before I consummated the deal. And then he drove it back to MI with me -- quite an adventure but a story for another time.
Best,
Jeff

Hey Guys and Gals and welcome in Steve P! Canton is close by and hope you have a productive winter season "making the NSX yours."
After spring 2011 you'll have Popeye Arms (j/k) from that early NSX lack of power steering! :biggrin:
And, a track day at Gingerman has been on my mind as well.... I'm not a good driver and Gingerman offers plenty of run-off room.
CJ's at M-14 and Beckster Road is the meet on Weds at 5 P !

Happy Thanksgiving to all. neal

Steve,
Welcome aboard and congrats on the car. Hope to meet up soon. I also haven't put the car away, it likes the cold air:biggrin:
Tim

Steve,
Welcome aboard and congrats on the car. Hope to meet up soon. I also haven't put the car away, it likes the cold air:biggrin:
Tim

I bet it does Tim.....:smile:

We got the NSX back from the shop today and happy to say the nose of it is back and perfect as can be. The LBBP is a dead on match, the car was clean and in the presence of multiple million dollar vehicles when we picked it up. :biggrin: We cannot say enough about the service/job they performed on the re-paint so if anyone needs any more info if they need work done in paint, etc. LMK.

Welcome Steve! Always good to have another MI NSX around.
Tim, glad you guys got the nose sorted out!
I haven't put mine away yet either, hoping to maybe take some family members out for a ride this Thanksgiving weekend. BTW, happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I pulled the nose and tail panels off the turbo, to ready them for new paint.
They guy I had do the paint work previously on our race car is very good at matching, so he's up for the challenge posed by some crazy matte purple :cool:
I'll post progress pictures here, if for no other reason than to keep everyone entertained over the Winter!

Brian

OK, here are some pictures of the fascia removals.
I decided to remove the A/C hardware from the front of the car (compressor had been removed long ago) to save more weight, which necessitated re-plumbing the water intercooler heat exchanger system.

I'm now just waiting for the paint shop to call and I'll take the F&R panels over for their respray.

Brian

Attachments

• Front End Removal 1.jpg
    Front End Removal 1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Rear Fascia Removed.jpg
    Rear Fascia Removed.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 38
  • A-C Parts Removed (20lbs).jpg
    A-C Parts Removed (20lbs).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Center heat exchanger reinstalled.jpg
    Center heat exchanger reinstalled.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 38
Nice work Brian...that thing really needed more weight reduction....:rolleyes: :tongue:

I'm wishing I had time to do anything with mine. I still have to get it down to the corner to fill up the tank and stabilize the fuel before the snow hits any harder....

Nice work Brian...that thing really needed more weight reduction....:rolleyes: :tongue:

I'm wishing I had time to do anything with mine. I still have to get it down to the corner to fill up the tank and stabilize the fuel before the snow hits any harder....

Hey, another 20lbs can't hurt :tongue:

At least you still have your NSX, it would have been a tragedy if you ended up selling it!
Get that gas soon, the snow is coming.........

Anyone have some spare Front fender liners laying around collecting dust?

Thanks,
Brian

:smile: Hi all and hope you are heading for an excellent Christmas Holiday(s).

Brian hope your paint goes smooth like Ekin's and comes out perfect.

neal

P S How 'bout those Red Wings (4-2 over Montreal tonight - hear that LJZ?).

Back