• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

FWIW, Brian and I will be attending Toledo Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning in our S2000. Igo4blue....please tell me that you will be attending as well..........representin' the female NSX contingent? Just say yes.

Judi

No RED NSX for the power run? Hummmmm....
I heard from IGO4BLU yesterday, she said she's a ridin' down there.

Anyone else? Departing the M-14/Gotfredson Road area at 815 am tomorrow.

So Bay Harbor is on this year?

I'll be photographing it per usual. Lemme know if you plan on making it.

Showed the Imola NSX last year at St Ignace. It was VERY WELL received. Just sent in my registration for this year's show (Sat. June 25th) and may show the LBBP this time....
You are certainly correct, though, the show is all about classic muscle.
Maybe see you/meet you there?

I'm going to try to make it there if I can. Bay Harbor is that morning, and I may have something going on in the afternoon. Pm me your number Neil, and I'll call if I can get up there.

-Aaron

Last edited:
Just a reminder of the Lingenfelter tour/Eyes on Design show coming up this weekend! All the details are in Isaac's thread here

Here's a little teaser from Press Day, great shots of the interior and of the Veyron starting up and leaving!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DxCRhQi8e-c" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

A few more gems:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rcNXE09TNcI" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

And don't forget to say hello to Brian and Judi who will be bringing the Lovefab NSX!!!

Chris

Here's another teaser for the Eyes on Design show...........I got the F&R panels that I had painted mounted on the car last night :biggrin:

Brian

Attachments

• Nose mounted.jpg
    Nose mounted.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 25
We'll be at Lingenfelter tomorrow morning, probably 10-ish, so we'll see you guys there.
Hey the purple boostmonster isn't quite show-worthy like Al's or Tim's cars, but we promise to 'represent' the dark side as best we can :cool:

Judi (and Brian ;^)

I just saw a black 02+ parked at the Walgreens on the corner of M59 and Duck Lake Rd at about 12:35 today (Sunday). It was black/tan, looked stock, had the targa off. Looked real clean. I don't remember seeing a black 02+ at the big meet last year. I wonder if he's on Prime. I think that marks about the 4th NSX I've seen in the wild.

I just saw a black 02+ parked at the Walgreens on the corner of M59 and Duck Lake Rd at about 12:35 today (Sunday). It was black/tan, looked stock, had the targa off. Looked real clean. I don't remember seeing a black 02+ at the big meet last year. I wonder if he's on Prime. I think that marks about the 4th NSX I've seen in the wild.

Don't believe he's on Prime, but that has to be the blk/tan 02+ listed on Detroit craigslist last week... owner/car location was listed as Highland, MI. Good spot!

Hi Everyone.
I'm Steve from Canton. I came on and introduced myself when I bought my NSX just before Christmas. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to get over to CJ's to say hello in person - is it every Wednesday at 5.00?
My car is a black '91 with a 5 speed. It's been re-painted and has a few blemishes - but it looks good from 3 feet away, it's a California car and it has only 65,000 miles on it.
I spent some time over the winter changing the engine and transmission oils, fitting s/s brakes lines, new tires (it has 18/19" Volk CE28Ns), doing an alignment, etc. I've had it out at Gingerman and Mid-Ohio already this year - albeit in the cold and wet on both occasions :frown:
Anyway, I wanted to do the cam belt, water pump and valve clearances, so I got the parts from Dali. I'm in Florida with the family right now, and my friend Lee, who used to build Indy engines at Ilmor and is looking to establish his part-time car prep. business, offered to do the job for me while I'm away. He tells me today he's struggling to get the crankshaft pulley bolt out - even with his impact wrench rated at 650 ft lbs!! Does anybody in the Plymouth area have access to the Honda/Acura tool to hold the crank pulley? I'd be happy to rent it - cash, beer, whatever is appropriate :smile: Lee is thinking the tool might make all the difference.
Thank you all in advance.
Best regards from sunny Florida,
Steve P.

Don't believe he's on Prime, but that has to be the blk/tan 02+ listed on Detroit craigslist last week... owner/car location was listed as Highland, MI. Good spot!

What did you guys think of the price he had on the 02 on Craigslist? I looked at that car this week.

Hi Everyone.
I'm Steve from Canton. I came on and introduced myself when I bought my NSX just before Christmas. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to get over to CJ's to say hello in person - is it every Wednesday at 5.00?
My car is a black '91 with a 5 speed. It's been re-painted and has a few blemishes - but it looks good from 3 feet away, it's a California car and it has only 65,000 miles on it.
I spent some time over the winter changing the engine and transmission oils, fitting s/s brakes lines, new tires (it has 18/19" Volk CE28Ns), doing an alignment, etc. I've had it out at Gingerman and Mid-Ohio already this year - albeit in the cold and wet on both occasions :frown:
Anyway, I wanted to do the cam belt, water pump and valve clearances, so I got the parts from Dali. I'm in Florida with the family right now, and my friend Lee, who used to build Indy engines at Ilmor and is looking to establish his part-time car prep. business, offered to do the job for me while I'm away. He tells me today he's struggling to get the crankshaft pulley bolt out - even with his impact wrench rated at 650 ft lbs!! Does anybody in the Plymouth area have access to the Honda/Acura tool to hold the crank pulley? I'd be happy to rent it - cash, beer, whatever is appropriate :smile: Lee is thinking the tool might make all the difference.
Thank you all in advance.
Best regards from sunny Florida,
Steve P.

Hi Steve,

Yes we still get together at CJ's on Wednesdays from around 5-7pm, it would be nice to meet you!
Wait, what.........is that your car FS on CraigsList too?
Say it ain't so :eek:
The only actual bona-fide NSX Tech I know of in this area is Mike Michalik, so if we need professional assistance with anything he's pretty much The Man.

Brian

Hi Brian,
No, that's not my car for sale on CraigsList.
I plan to come over to CJ's to say hi when I get back from Florida - see you then.
Steve P.

What did you guys think of the price he had on the 02 on Craigslist? I looked at that car this week.

http://www.fastautosales.com/407410/car

Priced at $51,995 in Westmont, IL, vicinity with mileage at 34,551, date unknown.

6-19-2008 clutch replaced "customer states clutch inop"

http://www.foxvalleymotorcars.com/2002-acura-nsx-t-3.2l-open-top-c-168.htm

Sure hope I get more than 34 K out of my clutch! :wink:

So Isetta, pls tell us what your "look" found? i.e. what brand of new tires placed on it, all keys/books including the red master immobilizer key, condition, etc?
Personally, without knowing more, I'm thinking the price now at $52 K is a tad high and hopeful.
Thoughts?

http://www.fastautosales.com/407410/car

Priced at $51,995 in Westmont, IL, vicinity with mileage at 34,551, date unknown.

6-19-2008 clutch replaced "customer states clutch inop"

http://www.foxvalleymotorcars.com/2002-acura-nsx-t-3.2l-open-top-c-168.htm

Sure hope I get more than 34 K out of my clutch! :wink:

So Isetta, pls tell us what your "look" found? i.e. what brand of new tires placed on it, all keys/books including the red master immobilizer key, condition, etc?
Personally, without knowing more, I'm thinking the price now at $52 K is a tad high and hopeful.
Thoughts?

Very clean, no signs of aggressive use to explain the new clutch, new Dunlops, can't tell me if the water pump timing belt service has been done, says has all keys and books.

A black 02+ NSX in Highland? I didn't think Highland was big enough to have two NSX's! :rolleyes: I will have to keep my eyes peeled for this beauty....haven't seen her yet. Of course, I haven't seen mine in almost a month.....Cody is doing a bunch of work to Tweety. I should have her back in the next couple of days. I would love to come across the black NSX in my travels.

A black 02+ NSX in Highland? I didn't think Highland was big enough to have two NSX's! :rolleyes: I will have to keep my eyes peeled for this beauty....haven't seen her yet. Of course, I haven't seen mine in almost a month.....Cody is doing a bunch of work to Tweety. I should have her back in the next couple of days. I would love to come across the black NSX in my travels.

Its very clean but having had a complete clutch replacement at 34k miles is puzzling. I am interested but think that price is high, any thoughts.....

Some folks are a bit "challenged" when it comes to a clutch. I don't think a new clutch on this car necessarily is a bad thing.

Duffer good to hear from you! Hope Tweety comes back home soon, better than ever, and of course we want to SEE HER!
Meanwhile, assume you have been working diligently on your golf handicap? :wink:

Isetta..... sounds as if you'll need to figure in the t-belt/H2O pump,etc. cost figures for any offer you make on the 2002 blk/tan. Guess you can offer high $40's (it's FUN to spend other people's $$$!) and see what response you receive. Are you local - SE Michigan?

Update 1215 p: here is a very close comparable 2002 NSX that was just listed as "sold" - it was priced at $51 K "firm" w/a few more thousand miles, but a very rare color and all maintenance completed.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1443484#post1443484

Last edited:
Duffer good to hear from you! Hope Tweety comes back home soon, better than ever, and of course we want to SEE HER!
Meanwhile, assume you have been working diligently on your golf handicap? :wink:

Isetta..... sounds as if you'll need to figure in the t-belt/H2O pump,etc. cost figures for any offer you make on the 2002 blk/tan. Guess you can offer high $40's (it's FUN to spend other people's $$$!) and see what response you receive. Are you local - SE Michigan?

Update 1215 p: here is a very close comparable 2002 NSX that was just listed as "sold" - it was priced at $51 K "firm" w/a few more thousand miles, but a very rare color and all maintenance completed.

Thanks for that, very nice and priced same place as this one. Have tracked down all the prior dealers on this one and looks quite certain that WPTB never done. It is my choice of color and very close by.......

Grand Rapids

Thanks for that, very nice and priced same place as this one. Have tracked down all the prior dealers on this one and looks quite certain that WPTB never done. It is my choice of color and very close by.......

Then you are fortunate. Place an offer and let's keep this beauty in Michigan!

Neal-

Between crappy weather earlier this season and lately golf (you guessed it), I have been pretty busy. Got my handicap down to 8, but hopefully can trim a couple of more strokes by the end of the season. While it is not totally official, I am close to receiving a promotion within my company (Cisco), that would involve me moving to Atlanta. I could be gone by early August. We are going through a downsizing and re-org currently, which has delayed my promotion, as I should have already been down there by now. With any luck, I will receive word within a couple of weeks. I will avoid any sentimental goodby's until such time as it is official, but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I am a native Detroiter, but I can't wait to get down to Atlanta. More to follow.......

Al

Back