• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

One week out bump for Toledo Cars-N-Coffee run next Sunday morning, June 12th (dependent upon weather, of course).

Meet 8:00 A.M. at the Park and Ride lot, US-23 at Plymouth Road (Exit 41 off US-23 on Ann Arbor's NE side).
Depart 8:20 A.M. for Toledo/Sylvania, OH.

This is a GO :smile: Weather looks real nice. See you there!

Something came up and we won't be able to make Toledo tomorrow, have fun.....

Sorry Bob..... thx for letting us know. Take care.

Welcome Tianbo! Excellent write-up and "back-story" !

The M1 concours is having a cars n coffee next Saturday from 9-12. Thinking about checking it out at least check out the facilities and the track.

Great meeting everyone at the Toledo C&C today! Shoutout to Howard & Hang in the Kaiser Silver '99 (not '94) for joining us from across the border in Windsor & Neal for hosting the private afterparty :)

Hope to see more folks next time!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160612_100352.jpg
    IMG_20160612_100352.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20160612_083558.jpg
    IMG_20160612_083558.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20160612_082008.jpg
    IMG_20160612_082008.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
My name is Tom. I'm from the Toledo area. I'm really bummed I missed out on all these NSX's at the Toledo Cars and Coffee this morning.

Here is a pic of my 91.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Welcome Tianbo ! Your car looks beautiful and great story! Fortunately you will not have the only NSX around Plymouth....I regularly drive Hines as well, and often see a certain member's orange car at Hermann's in Old Town.

Looks like Toledo was a good time! I didn't know they made Kaiser Silver in 1994.

Last edited:
My Kaiser Silver is actually a 1999. I had a great time over there and it was nice to meet new people! A shoutout to Neil who invited me to this event! I hope to see more events like this happening again!

As much fan as we had at Waterford Hills (and it was a LOT of fun ;-) I wish we could have been at both places at once after seeing the pictures relating to Sunday's Death Race to Toledo (er, I mean Cars and Coffee ;-)

Way to represent, guys...........can't wait to join the fray!

Brian

My name is Tom. I'm from the Toledo area. I'm really bummed I missed out on all these NSX's at the Toledo Cars and Coffee this morning.

Here is a pic of my 91.

Welcome Tom! Would've been great if you could join but I'm sure there will be many opportunities in the near future. Also very clean BB you got there! What are the info/specs on the wheel & tires? I've been eyeing the same look... :)

Sorry Howard, I mixed up someone else's year (I think it was Jeff's) with yours....my post has been corrected. Hope to see you guys again!

And thanks for the welcome everyone! Ryan, let's grab lunch some times when you bring your car in -- I'm know of a certain Mr. Paik who would love to tag along :)

bmac, what color is yours? I've yet to see one around town or on Hines Dr, but I have a feeling the orange one you're referring to belongs to Neal/alum04org, who also has a blue 04 in the garage.

As for a local drive, there's a scenic route that I usually take with some friends on our motorcycles for a decent 3-4 hr trip. It starts off as a scenic cruise along Huron River Dr in AA and N. Territorial until you make a right on a smaller road called Hankered. Then it becomes a mixture of straights, elevation changes, sweeping curves, and tight turns for the next 3.7 miles until you reach Patterson Lake Rd. We usually turn around and repeat the route a few times before cruising east on Patterson Lake, then south via Dexter-Pinckney and Huron River Dr and back to AA (and then grab some ice cream @ Blank Slate Creamery). I've never gone in the morning but the route is usually clear on Sunday afternoons. Just a suggestion if people are interested.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 219
Thanks guys! That would be awesome to meet up with you guys sometime.

Tainbo, my wheels are Advan RS f. 17x8+37 r. 18x10+35
my tires are Falken Arenas 615k f. 215/40r17 r. 265/35r18

Hass I think we follow each other on Instagram. My Instagram name is NSX_pilot. Is anybody else on Instagram?

Last edited:

Here is a pic of my 91.

HIYA Tom! I remember you well as we have met at the Toledo C-N-C a couple times. Are you still living in/around Bowling Green? Your BB sure looks nice. Thanks for posting up.

Regarding organizing a gathering/drive sometime this summer, I am willing to try to set one up. Hass, your suggestion for a Sunday is a good one but looking forward on the calendar is going to be tough to do. I believe I can arrange a no-cost meeting room at CJ's Brewing Company inside the USA Hockey Arena (Beck Road just north of M-14, Plymouth Township), on a Saturday or a Sunday. So we could utilize that as a starting or ending point. I know that is not convenient to the east/north side NSX'ers.... But that location offers pretty decent drives to the west or southwest and reasonable access to NSX'ers coming from the NW, W, and S.

Let me toss out a prospective date(s) for a thumbs up/down: Saturday, August 6th? (With Sunday, August 21st as a rainout date)

Attachments

• 2016-6-12 Toledo CNC 4 2000 Civic engine bay.JPG
    2016-6-12 Toledo CNC 4 2000 Civic engine bay.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 67
Regarding organizing a gathering/drive sometime this summer, I am willing to try to set one up. Hass, your suggestion for a Sunday is a good one but looking forward on the calendar is going to be tough to do. I believe I can arrange a no-cost meeting room at CJ's Brewing Company inside the USA Hockey Arena (Beck Road just north of M-14, Plymouth Township), on a Saturday or a Sunday. So we could utilize that as a starting or ending point. I know that is not convenient to the east/north side NSX'ers.... But that location offers pretty decent drives to the west or southwest and reasonable access to NSX'ers coming from the NW, W, and S.

Let me toss out a prospective date(s) for a thumbs up/down: Saturday, August 6th? (With Sunday, August 21st as a rainout date)

SO, with two yes votes in 24 hours + the Waterford Hills F and C gang (tonight at CJ's) signing off for Saturday, August 6th, I spoke with CJ's Manager Dave D this evening. He said Saturday, August 6th, 4:30 P.M. or so is now penned in for their ice-arena view side meeting room for our NSX group! We/he will arrange a spacious portion of parking lot for our use.

Let me hear "Neys" for this arrangement real soon or we will proceed. And we will certainly welcome all our old NSX friends and all sports car owners and lovers!

Hey, who is up for meeting at Baker's tomorrow?

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp

We'll probably head over around 3pm, check out the cars and have dinner there.

It's probably been 3 years since the purple boostmonster has been there, so I recon we'll fix that :biggrin:

Brian

Last edited:
At Eyes at Design tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At Eyes at Design tomorrow!

Hey Patrick,

Considering that we met you at EoD showing your Gen 1 turbo RX-7 (and in spite of the fact that you now have a sweet RD RX-7) I hope someone there lures you back into the NSX realm ;-P

Rock on,
Brian

SO, with two yes votes in 24 hours + the Waterford Hills F and C gang (tonight at CJ's) signing off for Saturday, August 6th, I spoke with CJ's Manager Dave D this evening. He said Saturday, August 6th, 4:30 P.M. or so is now penned in for their ice-arena view side meeting room for our NSX group! We/he will arrange a spacious portion of parking lot for our use.

Let me hear "Neys" for this arrangement real soon or we will proceed. And we will certainly welcome all our old NSX friends and all sports car owners and lovers!

Michigan and regional NSX owners............... NO "neys" yet received. Speak up if not good.

+++++++++++++++++

Am "iffy" for Baker's tomorrow.

THX for report on M1 Concourse meeting and PJR enjoy EOD tomorrow - gonna be a hot one!

Back