• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Add the PCPS Spring Dust Off Ride, Lingenfelter Charity open house, and the first Ann Arbor Cars and Coffee at Zimmerman's Roadhouse to the casualty list.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hello friends

Does anyone have a recommendation for a S.E. Michigan shop that might tackle replacement of a lower rear ball joint ? Thanks in advance !

Hello friends

Does anyone have a recommendation for a S.E. Michigan shop that might tackle replacement of a lower rear ball joint ? Thanks in advance !

I also went through Steve for 4 Knuckle ball joints in 2016. I took them to a local shop to have them installed, luckily there were no damages caused to the knuckles. Each ball joint was $175. I’m not sure if he still sells the ball joints but here’s his email [email protected]

Friday evening 5-1-2020 got one out of winter storage and had a 23 mile ride. It felt GOOD to be back in the saddle :biggrin: :smile:

2002 IOP auto, roof wrapped in gloss black -

ihV5lzE.jpg

wow! Congrats Hass!!!

Thanks Patrick!
I’m not sure what happened on that post. Very proud of my wife, she had a very difficult pregnancy and delivery without an epidural (didn’t make it in time to hospital).

Congrats, Hass!

Happy for your news, Hass. You and baby Maryam look like naturals :smile:
Fantastic last few days with your news and the better weather.

Hoping you all got out a bit. :tongue:

(For "outsiders" reading, Michigan has been and will be a governor-ordered "stay at home state" through May 28th. :confused: )

Put in 33 miles this evening. Not much traffic but I saw wild turkeys, CAD geese, ducks, on-road crossing muskrat and rabbit, deer, and people out so
we took it real easy :biggrin:

Keep your good health.

30YtqzG.jpg

r9RBp9w.jpg

Anyone want to get together and do a drive somewhere first weekend it's sunny?

Baker's was teeming with activity, LOTS of people and cars as per normal.....even though the restaurant is still not open.

A Milford cop showed up and announced she wasn't there to break up the party, and the crowd gave a her hearty cheer.
Someone (not me) opened the trunk of the purple boostmonster and even showed her the wonders within (DOH ;-)

Good times!
Brian

really? wow!

Been playing golf on Sundays, but Baker's is a great Plan B...

Are they doing any carry out?

Baker's is still closed up tight, but the band was playing and the Holden's Deli/chicken shack/party store across the parking lot was doing a BOOMING business!

Here's a question for all of you Michigan guys: I live in Illinois and have, on more than one occasion, driven over with a group of other like-minded NSX owners to Michigan (northwestern section of lower peninsula) to enjoy the great roads and scenery and spend some of my hard-earned dollars staying at hotels and patronizing local businesses. We're thinking of visiting again but am uncertain about the 'stay-at-home' orders in effect. Can anyone please clarify? Are we officially welcome to visit now or not? Thanks.
(RobM, I'll let you know if we decide to visit again!:smile:)

Michigan just minutes ago progressed to Phase 4 of the CDC reopening guidelines. Vars and restaurants will start to reopen Thursday, albeit with social distancing in place. Groups up to 100 now allowed. Drive-In movies open but no theaters, gyms...

RobM - hasn't been much impetus for driving yet this season. Maybe soon? We really missed EstFest and our Ontario friends this spring....

sca037 good to see you on Milford Road :biggrin: BoostMonster sounded good! Bakers was fun - band was very good, parking areas conforming, Milford P D car stayed until about 430pm pkd up on the hill in back of the lot. What a nice weekend - weather was perfect.

Jeff Gebhart hope you are doing well! Northern Lower Peninsula is open for biz. As pjr300 stated, southern lower peninsula (announced by Gov. Monday 1st around 2pm) back in action w/in the next week. About time. Good luck with ILLinois state/city gov(s). :frown:

Hey PJR do you golf the course right near you? If so, you must know it well. I've played 5/6ths of it (got closed out one evening by darkness). Nice course! How is the handicap?

Never know what you might see at Bakers. Yesterday, it was a red/black Ferrari 488 Pista Spider. Hot. Hot. Hot....:eek:

Last edited:
Jeff Gebhart hope you are doing well! Northern Lower Peninsula is open for biz. As pjr300 stated, southern lower peninsula (announced by Gov. Monday 1st around 2pm) back in action w/in the next week. About time. Good luck with ILLinois state/city gov(s). :frown:

Hey PJR do you golf the course right near you? If so, you must know it well. I've played 5/6ths of it (got closed out one evening by darkness). Nice course! How is the handicap?

Know the course well... hole #4 is literally in my backyard (pic from this am attached).

Jeff, i hear cases in IL are still increasing. Hope it reverses soon, be safe.

827c7d057753a4c3a134466ef9e68574.jpg

Northern MI is all good. Bring a mask as some restaurants want you to wear a mask into the restaurant but then you can remove it. Went on a drive to OH last week, saw a new F80 still with temp tags, beautiful car. Grattan is open for track events, RSR PCA this weekend and RSR PCA events are scheduled for Waterford.

RobM - hasn't been much impetus for driving yet this season. Maybe soon? We really missed EstFest and our Ontario friends this spring....

sca037 good to see you on Milford Road :biggrin: BoostMonster sounded good! Bakers was fun - band was very good, parking areas conforming, Milford P D car stayed until about 430pm pkd up on the hill in back of the lot. What a nice weekend - weather was perfect.

Never know what you might see at Bakers. Yesterday, it was a red/black Ferrari 488 Pista Spider. Hot. Hot. Hot....:eek:
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Right now we have 5 guys driving up to Traverse City and possibly going up across the Mackinac Bridge next week...3-NA1's, 1-NA2 and 1-NC1. I first visited TC area while in college (ages ago) and instantly became a big fan of the area. I have yet to drive on a road in the midwest better than MI-22. Wife and I will be retiring in 4 years and NW Michigan is a possibility (although the current favorite is western NC). Anyway, if any of you Michiganers want to join in with us, even for a part of the drive, we'll be driving in on the 18th to spend the night in TC. Next day either head back to Chi-town or possibly go to the straits and return and spend the night in Traverse again before returning on the 20th. If interested, pm me or e-mail at [email protected]. All are welcome! :)

Last edited:
If you're going over the bridge be sure to stop in Mackinaw City and get some fudge. I would have loved joining you guys again but I'll be in southeast Ohio/West Virginia having fun with the S2000 club Ohio group.

Back