• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MN NSX get together

Due to the interest in the other MN thread... I am happy to get started on organizing a MN NSX get together. But MN NSX is just the title, anyone and everyone who is interested is free to come. So to get this started, I figured we should start off by asking everyone what weekend(after the first week in april) would work best for you? I just want to see if there is any paricular weekend that works out for a majority... You can almost never find one weekend that works for everyone, unfortunately.

As far as what the activities are?... I figure we all meet at the shop, get to know each other and then?... Lets hear some ideas... Group drive? Food? Grill here? etc?... Lets get some ideas rolling.

Place:
Elite Autosport Inc.
261 N. 26th Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411

That would be great to see happen, I would love to be able to check out an nsx up close with some local owners. I'm definitely in if you guys don't mind a future owner hanging out for a little while.

Elite....hey thanks for putting this on. Here are the weekends that work best for me...(however, I can probably change some plans around if there's a better date for others)

April 20-21st (I should have the car out by then)
May 4 & 5
May 17 & 18

I think grilling out would work pretty nice. A group drive would be fun to if someone knows of a nice place for a drive (494 NSX drive isn't that appealing :frown: ) I took 394 West of 494 once and that turned into a nice drive. However, I'm not real familure with the area outside of the metro so I don't know what else is out there....

Headshot..... we'd be glad to have you. We were all in your spot at one point :smile: Maybe bring your R6 and we can bs about that (I've got an 04 600RR)

Hey thanks, I'll definitely keep my eyes on this thread for updates. I had the R6 out today for a spin around the block, not long til warmer weather. Hopefully after this next week winter will be gone.

headshot99r6 said:
Hey thanks, I'll definitely keep my eyes on this thread for updates. I had the R6 out today for a spin around the block, not long til warmer weather. Hopefully after this next week winter will be gone.

I took my RR out too. I put about 15 miles on it. Beautiful day.....to bad the cold front is moving in :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Sean the Prokarts track in Blaine closed last week. But the one in Maple Grove and the one in Burnsville are still open. Ktan(Kevin) hasn't replied to this thread yet, but I'm sure he will make it to this event as well. I will pass on the info to some of the others as well.

Can you do the MN NSX meet in Chicago? :biggrin:

Ok sorry...

TRM04 said:
Can you do the MN NSX meet in Chicago? :biggrin:

Ok sorry...

It's only a 5 hour drive....come on up!!

The pro-carts would be fun if the weather is decent. As long as i can park between two other NSXs...I'll be fine. I'm still a bit paranoid leaving my car unattended. :smile: Especially in areas where kids tend to hang out :frown:

I was just at procarts up in Blaine at the end of last summer, if we do anything related to procarts it has to be outdoors, that methane or nitro or whatever they used was making me naucious with about 20 cars running at the same time! I nearly threw up.

Yes count me in as long as its not July 31st!, a group drive may be fun and maybe a dyno session at Elite?

Whats a R6 or RR (Range Rover?)

Kevin

Hey Kevin I was wondering when you were going to jump in. An R6 is a honda 600cc crotch rocket and I think the RR is a 900cc. At least when I was into bikes that what they were.

The R6 is a Yamaha and the RR is a Honda:). A friend of mine had problems with the fumes as well, can check to see if there are any good outdoor facilities. Dyno session is a good idea... whoever wants to dyno can dyno.

Elite said:
The R6 is a Yamaha and the RR is a Honda:). A friend of mine had problems with the fumes as well, can check to see if there are any good outdoor facilities. Dyno session is a good idea... whoever wants to dyno can dyno.

ELITE is on the BALL...... I like the R6....but had to go with HONDA. The RR is Honda fastest and best handling race bike. The way the engine performes is very simular to the nsx engine... Powerband is high RPM range, and smooth all the way to redline!!

Dyno sounds like a lot of fun. My car is pretty stock, but it would be interesting to see the numbers.

Have you come up with a date yet?

Thanks for the bike model assignment clarifications! I never got into bikes but it now makes sense.

Hands up for those who vote that newby bring his friend in his avatar to the meet?!! :wink:

Finally, if any of you work in large corporations that can post for sale signs or know anyone interested in a Denali XL, could you post or give them one of these flyers (zip file below)?!! thanks, trying to unload this thing for a Cayenne turbo or Audi A8.

http://www.kevtan.com/forum/uploads/Kevin/files/2005-03-10_090333_Denali.zip

I am open to any dates. I am hoping that between all of you who are coming, you can cancel out some dates and we narrow it down to one... So everyone throw out your preferences...

Elite

You might as well just throw out a date and we'll see who can make it. I think it'll get to crazy to try and match up everyone's schedules....

OK, I'm throwing a day out here ....

Saturday May 14th

Time: 12PM

ktan said:

Saturday May 14th

Works for me......I'll have to take the day off of work but hey...what better way to use Vacation time!!

What's up with all this damn snow. We got a good foot in Rochester!!! It shouldn't stick around long.....but it sucks. I'm glad I didn't put insurance on my car last week....i was very tempted to :smile:

Myself and my employees have been seeing a lot of NSX's around the metro that we have never seen before. We should all make it a point(if you want of course...), to try to get ahold of these people. It would be great to get as many of us together as we can this summer.

Elite said:
Myself and my employees have been seeing a lot of NSX's around the metro that we have never seen before. We should all make it a point(if you want of course...), to try to get ahold of these people. It would be great to get as many of us together as we can this summer.

Good idea....but how are we going to find out who has them? Maybe next time you see one, get a license plate and I can look them up. Send them a letter or what not. Other then that, not sure how to find them.....

a second suggestion ....

I was actually thinking of buying the domain www.mn-nsx.com and pointing it to a directory of my site www.kevtan.com

once it is up, we can promote it by leaving a card on any nsx you see, we can even have a mn-nsx.com sticker made or something along those lines

ktan said:

Saturday May 14th

I haven't been checking posts in a bit :rolleyes: but I will do my best to make it. I put it in outlook. Elte you might see my car sooner than that... clutch problems.

Erik

Back