• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MN NSX get together

Hey everyone, just to let you know, i will have the first set of Stacy's sideskirts installed on the car in MN during the meet. looks like the motor won't be done in time (unless i get a series of miracles at the machine shop) But I will most likely have a set of skirts installed on the car by the 18th.

Here is the post with tons of pics, i ordered the vented set.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41304

I spoke to Stacy and he said that Science of speed will be selling his skirts soon but he said he can still honor a MN group buy. His prices are $850 a set but he will sell for $800 if we can get 3 sets together. I already have one buyer in Michigan, so to get the $800 price you only need 2 more sets.

Alright so the 18th is this weekend! And we do not have any real schedule for the day. Other than gathering at noon. What do you guys have in mind? The dyno is available to anyone interested, and we have a gas grill here that is also available to everyone. Lets get your ideas and expectations on here so we can get a tentative plan out there.

Hi guys, the names miguel, I've been lurking for a little while. Another non-owner but would like to stop by the meet for a little bit and see your cars. I'm still working to get saturday off. Hope to make it there
thanks

since my car won't be done, we may have a couple of "surprise" vehicles there instead! :)

I will try to make it there by 12 but I might be closer to 1:30. I am meeting Gorge Riffs of projectwrx.com at RS motor sports. Some of the faster wrx's are being tuned out. I think one of them is aming just over 600 whp on his STI. Anyways I can't wait for this weekend to get going. Dave if I don't see you there I'll see you on sunday!
Have fun

Team,

The fine people in service, parts and sales over at Buerkle Acura have donated some items for giveaway and a couple raffle items that are pretty cool.

I know a few NSXers have service done there or buy parts, and I think they've got a pretty good crew - so I'm more than happy to spread the word for them.

Now I don't work for these guys, I just have them work on my cars (NSX and RSX). I think its pretty cool that they heard the event was happening and thought enough about the local NSXers to get involved.

I'll have the goods tomorrow, and you'll have to find me to have a chance at the prizes! You no show, you no get nothing!

See you there,

I can provide the brats, burgers and buns. Mo got ketchup and mustard??!!

Thanks Ed, for the pics(and the flyer, and the NSX book, and all the other goodies you provided:) ), wrong day to forget my camera at home:(. It was very nice meeting all of you. Now that we all know each other, next time we should plan a drive:).

Later in the day after the get together me and my daughter, Valerie headed down University Ave. My first time doing the weekend cruise. Since it was Back to the 50's weekend it was especially packed. Great car viewing opportunities. We were parked in a lot with plenty of great looking cars but, I have to say it was the NSX that drew the largest crowd and favorable comments. Why don't we plan on a cruise sometime in July?

Elite said:
In the last two weeks I/we have seen/heard about ten or so NSX's locally that we have never known about before now. I wonder how we can get ahold of all these people? Would be great to have a large group of us who knew about each other...
There are seven members of the NSX Club of America in Minnesota (mostly in the Twin Cities), and another in Eau Claire. If you wanted to hold an official NSX Club event, you could contact all the club members. You could also sponsor some event expenses from the Midwest Region's treasury. PM or e-mail me if you'd like more information...

nsxtasy said:
There are seven members of the NSX Club of America in Minnesota (mostly in the Twin Cities), and another in Eau Claire. If you wanted to hold an official NSX Club event, you could contact all the club members. You could also sponsor some event expenses from the Midwest Region's treasury. PM or e-mail me if you'd like more information...

Thanks, I will contact you the next time we try to schedule a get together. Plus, myself as well as a few other local NSX'rs need to join/pay our dues to NSXCA.

Good question. Summer is flying by way too fast! How bout a get together sometime in August with a drive. Anybody would be welcome to attend.

Yeah, Anything happening up here? I have been here all weekend. Spending a vast amount of time in pergatory (Mall Of America)...
I can't take 2 more days of mall visits....
Len

This is what happens when you don't ask first. :biggrin: I was in MN and met Mo and Kevin at Elite (getting some minor mods :wink: ). We were at Mall of America yesterday hanging out waiting for my flight.

All I can say was that it great meeting Mo and Kevin and they really treated me special, showing me the wondrous Mall of America. This truly needs to be considered one of the Wonders of the Modern Age :tongue: Really, it was nice of them to keep me company and I look forward to meeting the rest of the MN contingent in the future.

Tim

Tim it was very nice meeting with you in person finally. And it was my pleasure keeping you company:). Maybe when you come back next time we can plan a get together and go on a small drive(break in miles :biggrin: ) or something.

Len, what kinds of things are you looking to do? I know you guys hit the museums and such in Chicago. Do you want more of the same type of thing? There is actually a lot to do here, contrary to the belief of the rest of America:). And where are you guys staying?

Here are a few suggestions:

The Walker art center(very close to downtown Mpls).

The science museum of MN, and more specifically the Omni theatre, its a great experience, http://www.smm.org/ (downtown St. Paul).

Elite Autosport, one of the most amazing family destinations of all :biggrin:, lol, Just kidding. But you are very welcome to come and waste some time at the shop.

Otherwise, what kind of foods do you guys like, I may be able to recommend some tasty food for you guys.

There is also Valley fair, MN version of a Six flags amusement park. Actually pretty good. In Shakopee, about 30-40 minutes drive from downtown Mpls.

Let me know what kinds of things you want to do, I'll do what I can to suggest what I know. Hope this helps in the mean time.

Momin

I agree, Tim it was nice to meet you and it was a pleasure wasting time! you need to pick up a pair of those Puma speedcats!

Puma motorsport shoes

Mine are the future cat Lows in red (to match the car!)

Len,

how long are you here for? I take it you didn't drive the x up here? we should all grab a bite one of these evenings if you are in town for a while.

Mo,

we need to get a picture of the american colored nsx's together in the shop, ironically none of the owners have an american background! .... oh well!

Kevin

Thanks so much guys...We are now in Wisconsin Dells... Will be back in the Chicago Area Thurs-Sat , Doing Mid - America and a little business.
Thanks for all of the suggestions.. Wish I had paid closer attention to Prime, I would have loved to meet the MN people. Also wanted to see what Elite has up the sleeves...
Thanks all.
Len

Back