• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motorsport Nationals Sept 19-20 2009, Atlanta Motor Speedway

“An experience like no other”…an overwhelming phrase heard while in attendance to the SEMA show in Las Vegas this year describing Motorsport Nationals, the only true Multi-Divisional auto show of its size.
The 2009 show is set to take place at Atlanta Motor Speedway, September 19<SUP>th</SUP>-20<SUP>th</SUP>. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to be surrounded by thousands of auto-enthusiast just like you, thousands of show cars and trucks including big rigs, hundreds of top of the line industry vendors, amazing FMX and motorcycle stunt shows, audio competitions sanctioned by IASCA, MECA & USAC, live music, track cruises, drifting exhibitions by the 2010 Roush Performance Mustang Demo Team, RC drag racing, model search and competition, burnout competitions, more magazine and media coverage than you will know what to do with, and much much more. Attendees will have an opportunity to register for a chance to ride with world famous driver "Ali Aljibouri" while he takes to the pavement the all new 2010 Roush Mustang during a drifting demo. Also, attendees will have the chance to play the all new Forza Motorsports 3 game, on simulators built specifically for the game, six weeks before it is released (brought to you by Xbox 360). New for this year, auto owners will be able to have a go on the mobile dyno and motorcycle owners can have a try on the wheelie machine. Motorsport Nationals is proud to announce the addition of world famous syndicated radio show host "Griff" and Atlanta DJ Jeremey Ladd as the new "voices of Motorsport Nationals." This years show will include eight divisions…Imports, Domestics, Motorcycles, Hot-Rods, Classics, Trucks, Exotics, Big Rigs, and Special Interest. All of these divisions make up hundreds of different classes with over 600 different trophies and cash prizes. This weekend will be the biggest and best auto show on the east coast.
For more information about the show including tickets, registration, schedules and more log on to www.motorsportnationals.com or e-mail us at [email protected]. While on the website make sure and register your Club with Motorsport Nationals and receive upcoming news and insider information, additionally learn how your club can receive discounts on car registration. You will also want to register your information for daily drawings of tickets, merchandise, parts and more from Motorsport Nationals and it's vendors Registration is now open by going to www.motorsportnationals.com and tickets are available through any Ticketmaster retail location or by going to www.ticketmaster.com.

I was wondering if any one was planning on attending this. This is the same as the NOPI show.

They had a good area for the NSXs and before I speak with Motorsports management, I would like to get a head count.

I know 2 other NSXs are already attending but who else?

thanks

I live just a few miles from AMS and was thinking about attending. I've never been to one of these before, so a couple of dumb questions.

There is car corral for Acura/NSX? Do we have to register to park there or just show up? I'm not interested in entering any competition, I just think it would be cool to park with some of you guys.

Bruce Millar
'91 Black/Black
21K miles

I'm not making it. I'm going to be in that neck of the woods(Auburn, AL) but will be at the AU vs. WV football game that day with the family.
I hope, for anyone who goes, that it is a better time than the one was last time. I didn't make it to that one either but heard from several that it wasn't very good.

only one...guess who that was:cool: but it was pretty awesome. lots of cool cars and people. and we got to take a lap or 3 around the speedway. the vid is gonna be on youtube soon.

Wow !!! Lap the track ??? Did you have to pay for that?
NOPI used to have groups of cars come from the 4 corners of the country come to the show and when they arrived, they were allowed to take a spin on the track.
How many total cars were there?
Did it not rain there?

oh it rained alright.:mad: both days it rained. the number of cars was greatly effected by weather the officials said. according to them they were expecting NOPI National type crowds that would cause an atlanta traffic jam by themselves. i would guestemate bout 100 cars. which still isn't bad but nowhere close to NOPI size. the lap was free for those who entered their cars in the show.

oh it rained alright.:mad: both days it rained. the number of cars was greatly effected by weather the officials said. according to them they were expecting NOPI National type crowds that would cause an atlanta traffic jam by themselves. i would guestemate bout 100 cars. which still isn't bad but nowhere close to NOPI size. the lap was free for those who entered their cars in the show.

I am sorry I didnt make it. Obviously with that rain, I didnt want to bring the car out.

On another note, Red91NSexy, I think my friend Pete came up to you at the show and asked if you knew me with the Silver NSX

Anyway I do not think we have met but will you be at the Varsity on Oct 1st and Coffee and Octane on Oct 4th?

I didn't make it to the Auburn game like I thought I was but that is a good thing due to the massive amount of rain that blew thru there that day.
I remember a few years back when the REAL NOPI was drawing ~6-7K cars!

Alex,
Have you heard from Romeo, James or Mike lately?

I didn't make it to the Auburn game like I thought I was but that is a good thing due to the massive amount of rain that blew thru there that day.

Alex,
Have you heard from Romeo, James or Mike lately?

Romeo called me about 2-3 weeks before NOPI. He was planning on going with one of his new toys. He is on prime all of the time lurking. Infact he is probably reading this now. You know he pops up when he wants ;-)

I saw James a few weeks ago and I talk to him quite often. He is still on these boards too even though he sold his NSX. He still has C.F. parts so I think he will get another one soon.

Which Mike are you talking about? Palvius (Parenti) or Shaw?

How are you doing anyway?

Romeo called me about 2-3 weeks before NOPI. He was planning on going with one of his new toys. He is on prime all of the time lurking. Infact he is probably reading this now. You know he pops up when he wants ;-)

I saw James a few weeks ago and I talk to him quite often. He is still on these boards too even though he sold his NSX. He still has C.F. parts so I think he will get another one soon.

Which Mike are you talking about? Palvius (Parenti) or Shaw?

How are you doing anyway?

I haven't heard from Romeo in a long time. I don't think he likes me anymore.:wink: He always seems to have a new toy doesn't he.:tongue:
I believe the Mike is Parenti. He was at XPO in 06 with the other ATL guys. I think he worked for a TV station in some capacity and had recently bought a early model red car.
I've been very busy with my new son. Don't have much time anymore to drive the NSX. Been in garage for ~8 mos without coming out.
We all need to try and plan a get together with the original NOPI crew again sometime.
Do you like the 'T' for turbo?

I am sorry I didnt make it. Obviously with that rain, I didnt want to bring the car out.

On another note, Red91NSexy, I think my friend Pete came up to you at the show and asked if you knew me with the Silver NSX

Anyway I do not think we have met but will you be at the Varsity on Oct 1st and Coffee and Octane on Oct 4th?

o yea. pete did mention you. he said your car is bad a$$.:biggrin: my name is matt. i dont think we have met either but unfortunatly i don't think i will be at the Varsity either as i have night classes through the week.:cool:

What is coffee and octane?

yea i kinda miss those days. this event is supposed to be as big as nopi when the weather cooperates.

Last edited:
Back