• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MSN Article Cool cars we miss

nice
icon14.gif

I've had 2 Grand Nationals and 2 MR2 turbos. Both were excellent cars. Bang for the buck I'll say the Buick was easiest to mod. and blistering fast.

Nice article. I got emails about it from friends and I was about to post it, but looks like someone got to it before me. :biggrin:

I've had 2 Grand Nationals and 2 MR2 turbos. Both were excellent cars. Bang for the buck I'll say the Buick was easiest to mod. and blistering fast.

Almost got an MR2 myself at one time, but dang that thing was small. Good thing the dealer tried to pull a fast one and I told em to take a hike. Ended up buying an Integra hatchback, had it for 17 years before I sold it and never looked back.

nice write up

Almost got an MR2 myself at one time, but dang that thing was small.

You should've pulled the trigger. What could be better than a reliable X-1/9? They're decent autocrossers too.

:rolleyes:

Had 93 MR2 Turbo, underpowered and turbo loved to kick in during corners. yamaha engines can take alot power. Also had Corrado SLC VR6 with cams very nice sounding. 16 Valve was lightest best handeling of the Corrado's.

Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce should be on the list 91-94 beautiful car.

You should've pulled the trigger. What could be better than a reliable X-1/9? They're decent autocrossers too.

:rolleyes:

I would have, the car even had a sold tag with my name on it. but the day I came by to pick it up the manager I was working with happened to have the day off. The sales guy tried to jack the price up and figured since I really wanted the car I'd pony up the extra $$$ so I could take it home "today". Sorry pal no dice. Walked away went to Acura and got my Integra. Got a call the next day from the manager from Toyota asked what happend, told him I was ready to get the car yesterday but your sales person got greedy, I bought an Integra and dont want the MR2 anymore, if you have any issues ask him as he seemed to have all the answers and left it at that.

Hmmm, yeah that would've pissed me off too. Then again I rarely do business with car dealers. The last car I bought off a lot was when I was in high school, way back in the dark ages. :cool:

I loved the article.

A friend of mine recently asked me to list all of the cars I've owned. I ended up with 70 - several were on this list. The Alfa Spider, 2 Suzuki Swift GTi's...one that I ice raced (against people like PD Cunningham, Paul Menard, etc.) and one that became my first National SCCA race car. I also owned 2 SLC Corrados - the last one was my SCCA National Championship winning car. A Nissan SE-R that I campaigned as an independant in the World Challenge (PD Cunningham was the first to drive the car in a race) I also owned it's ugly duck sister...the NX2000 that I also raced. And finally the car I always lusted for, but could never afford when I was younger - the NSX. I'm on my second and love driving the car. It always happens when you are getting gas right?... "What kind of car is that?"

I had a Celica GTS and wanted the All trac version...I still have my eyes open for a nice one that hasn't OD'd on rice.

Cool article.

I didn't see the Pantera on the list. I think it at least deserved an honorable mention.

Hmmmmph. :frown:

Thanks for the link. I almost bought a 1991 or 92 Nissan Sentra SE-R in '92. Bought a Honda Civic instead and well, here I am. :biggrin:

Ford Pinto should have been on the list. My dad had one when I was 8. I thought he had the coolest sports car.

Ford Pinto should have been on the list. My dad had one when I was 8. I thought he had the coolest sports car.

...until it exploded?

I had a Celica GTS and wanted the All trac version...I still have my eyes open for a nice one that hasn't OD'd on rice.

Cool article.

Agreed, my very first car was a Celica GTS coupe - burgundy exterior with burgundy interior; hardly anything to please the ladies with :redface:

Cars of the 80's are the best both in nostalgia and performance.

My favorites in no particular order:

- 1st, 2nd gen Mitsu. Eclipse
- 3000GT VR-4

aw11zz2006.jpg

- MR2 Supercharged

- 4 Runner (think Back to the Future)
- Celica AllTrac Turbos or GTS

144663.jpg

- M3

photo.php

- 500SEC

history-of-the-civic-si-20060210061553771.jpg

- '88 Civic Si's

LOL... we pushed it more than we were riding in:biggrin: it. Yes... I was pushing this thing at 8 yrs. old.

When I had my Pantera, my car club buddies would joke that it was a Pinto on steroids. :wink:

Back