• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mustang redesign

Where did that possibly come from?

I owned a 2007 and sold it recently to wait for the 2015 when the redesign for the 50th anniversary one. Afaik nobody has seen anything about it as ford has been tight lipped and only saying it will be a complete redesign without so much of a retro look... Which kinda kills that idea about keeping the front and adding a fusion rear...

No more retro!

I don't believe it will be a fusion though. and deff not a 80's style were HP was sooo low.

Bad call in my opinion.

I bought the 2007 because of its aggressive retro looks and enjoyed the hell out of that car. Both the interior and exterior were wonderfully done and a real bargain for the price.

The update in 2010 to "round" it a bit was a step backwards and it looks like they are continuing that same path backwards. Probably doing it for aerodynamic reasons for the greater power, but just doesn't do it for me.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/16/next-ford-mustang-to-ditch-retro-look-in-favor-of-futuristic-evo/

As a former Mustang owner, I like the 2010-2012 Mustang design, but I'm also a fan of the Evos concept, so if it looks as aggressive and sleek as that is, I'd be ok with it.

03-ford-evos-concept-live-opt.jpg

Cool car, but Ford does not have the balls to build it......KInda like a baby Aston Martin with a supercharged V8? :cool:

I saw a mention on Jalopnik yesterday hoping it would be suggestive of the Evos

The design language is similar to that of the Fusion, but i doubt the car will be a Fusion coupe

Ultimately they have to leave the retro behind- it's been done now (twice) for the Mustang to continue it should evolve IMO

Last edited:
Ford succeeds in making really cool things and then getting rid of them 2 years later.
My advise to Ford. Keep making this, and don't touch it for 10 years.
(And bring back the Ford GT!)

BJ%2BBoss302_lead.jpg

I agree. The new Mustangs are terrific looking and with over 400 HP for a stock GT, how do you beat that for the price?

i heard the next gen stang will get IRS.

I bought a loaded 2010 GT Convertible in Grabber Blue/Black last year and I absolutely love it. That 2015 styling is disappointing - it's just a completely different car with a Mustang badge. In my view it took Ford basically 26 years to really get back to the original Mustang concept, then they decide to completely change it? 1974 all over again. History repeating itself. No corporate memory.

^^^
solid rear axle yo!!!

How many people would choose the same thing if they had the choice:
1. Pay $4,000 more for the car or
2. Have $4,000 less horsepower

While personally, I'm fine with #1, the argument could be made that more sports cars could take money out of the rear suspension and put it into HP.
Imagine the Subaru BRZ with 400hp, same curb weight, same price and a solid rear axle. Win?

Last edited:
the grill bears a vague resemblance to an aston martin. the retro mustang looks the goods, the new redesign looks good too but doesn't remind me of a mustang, more of a ford focus vibe.

Do not fear. It will look better than anything Chevy or Dodge does.

This was my issue when the retro mustang first came to market: what's going to happen for the next generation? Re-evolve throughout the years? 60s, 70s, 80s? Completely radical jump to futuristic styling?

Apparently sales of the mustang dipped, which prompted the push towards the EVO concept.

This is not a difficult marketing problem to solve. Build (re-build) this...
and your production line will have trouble keeping up. (no matter how inflated the price is.)
This is what people really want and are willing to pay for.
As well, the generation of people who always wanted or had one before are now the generation of people with the money to spend it...
1966_Ford_Shelby_GT350_Hertz_Mustang_Fastback_Front_1.jpg

Last edited:
This is not a difficult marketing problem to solve. Build (re-build) this...
and your production line will have trouble keeping up. (no matter how inflated the price is.)
This is what people really want and are willing to pay for.
As well, the generation of people who always wanted or had one before are now the generation of people with the money to spend it...
1966_Ford_Shelby_GT350_Hertz_Mustang_Fastback_Front_1.jpg

That's how i feel, except i'd want a 1969 boss mustang
mustangboss4291969.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Back