• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Black '93

'93 NSX. Pirelli P 7000 215/40-17 fronts and 255/35-18 rears with Alba Cyclone wheels. No performance mods yet but I will post pics as they happen.
View

[This message has been edited by Chris W (edited 13 January 2001).]

Wow, what a rough crowd.
The previous owner just put them on the car before I bought it. They wouldn't have been my choice either but I'm stuck with them for now. I'm just proud to own an NSX. Can we still be friends?

All in playful fun...... It's good that you feel proud to own an NSX. You are now not only elite but it shows your intelligence for selecting such a refined exotic.... but, really though.....spend a buck and find some nice wheels.
smile.gif
Had to take another shot...
smile.gif

------------------
nsx_02.jpg

Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Yes, they are ALBA wheels. I don't know why I typed "ALCOA". I will have new wheels in 2 weeks. (Late Christmas Present!) I'm waiting for the rears (18 x 9) to be made to the correct offset. I will gladly post new pics in place of the old ones once they're on.

Chris W.
Wow some of the guys around here are pretty nasty. Car looks good, although I personally don't like the rims if your happy with them then who cares what others say, it's just opinions. I got the same thing when some people saw my rims on here, funny though on the street I got tons of compliments. Well anyway, have fun with your car as it's yours to enjoy, nobody else's.
Really wish people around here wouldn't be so negative, I mean I wouldn't tell you your wife is a fat hag, no that wouldn't be very nice would it? It's ok to have an opinion but be gentle on how you word it, just common curtiousy.
By the way all, I made some post some time ago about my car getting worked on and just to keep those of you interested informed the car is painted (ferrari silver), full wings west body kit, a few carbon fibre parts, lots of weight savings (except the body kit) mp3 player in the built into the stock deck, Tein suspension coming soon, and Work wheels VS/SS 17/18 due next month. As soon as the wheels are on I'll post the pics!

Hey Chris which wheels did you decide on? Blitz? Or something different? Sorry I couldn't help you out getting those Blitz's so I can't wait/see what you ordered for your car

I found a great deal on a set of MHT Quans from Discount Tire. I'm sure you've seen them. They are an exact replica of the Blitz Type 03 except for the lug holes. Blitz wheels only have 5 holes on the center hub but the MHT's have 10. Painted silver centers w/ polished outer lip.
17 x 7 Fronts
18 x 9 Rears
View

i happen to like those wheels. the blitz look nice for a more race look but its about what u want not what everyone else thinks is better.

Maomaonsx,
Relax pal. I guess I shouldn't have used the word "REPLICA". It's not that MHT is in business to make wheels that simulate the look of more expensive wheels; they just happen to look like Blitz Type 03's. This doesn't make them any better or any worse. I think it's great that you have connections to purchase Blitz for the same price. Maybe I really should have included that the overall price of $1429.90 included mounting, lifetime balancing, valves, and tax. Not to reiterate the fact that I bought them from a "LOCAL" Discount Tire rather than mail order, they stand behind their product, and if/when I should have problems I have the peace of mind that they will be there to help me. Even if I did pay a little more than I should have I can at least sleep better at night having this feeling of security. If they were out to "rip people off" they probably wouldn't be in business for as long as they have been and they probably wouldn't be on the list of NSXCA vendors to offer members discounts.

I also recall that you were the first person to offer feedback about my pics when I first posted them. Your comment was "dump those wheels, my gosh". There is probably a lot of people, including myself, who may not like YOUR choice of wheels, etc. but we can appreciate the fact that it's how you set your NSX apart from everyone else and we choose not to post negative comments out of respect for you. (How boring would it be if everyone owned a black NSX with OEM wheels and there were no aftermarket accessories available). I truly believe in the saying:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I feel better now.
smile.gif

Chris, I agree w/ you. I think the MHT's are an excellent choice. Price aside, you may just simply prefer the look of the 10 lug holes that distinguish it apart from the Blitzes! It seems that "you know who" is always that pessimistic--I notice that he consistently goes out of his way to correct fellow NSXers, pick at flaws, criticize, and overall just make people feel bad about their purchases--which he seems to always be able import for cheaper from Japan. He posted the only negative comment on NSEX's silver NSX. Or it could just be that his English really is that bad & he doesn't mean to sound so abrasive in his writing. I know, I'm starting to sound like a hypocrit, just my 2 cents.

I changed the exhaust tips this weekend to give it a more aggressive look. I couldn't stand the look of the OEM tips. Only $100 total and a couple hours of my time.
View

Relax pal. I guess I shouldn't have used the word "REPLICA". It's not that MHT is in business to make wheels that simulate the look of more expensive wheels; they just happen to look like Blitz Type 03's.

I want you to look at those pics you posted yourself, and then hold a mirror infront of your face and say to yourself, "I'm being ignorant" 10 times.

Oh yeah, do you really honestly believe that they did not intend to copy the Blitz wheels? You are too funny.

I also recall that you were the first person to offer feedback about my pics when I first posted them. Your comment was "dump those wheels, my gosh".

yes they are damn ugly. Don't you agree? If not, why are you looking for new wheels?

And to my friend QWKSLVR"

You wrote:

Price aside, you may just simply prefer the look of the 10 lug holes that distinguish it apart from the Blitzes!

wahahahaha....yeah, they look so different!

It seems that "you know who" is always that pessimistic

and that would be me, correct?

which he seems to always be able import for cheaper from Japan.

yes I can, and your problem with that is? No help for you!
biggrin.gif

He posted the only negative comment on NSEX's silver NSX.

I said his bumper's paint is mismatched, he should raise hell with his body shop. Is that negative?

. Or it could just be that his English really is that bad & he doesn't mean to sound so abrasive in his writing.

Yes, mah Engli bad, me Chinese from China. Me live in America for few year only. Me no good at Engli. Me better shut-up.

and the most ignorant comment of all time:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

no wonder America is still plagued by prejudice. People are told not to speak of the bad things! oh my gosh...

Sorry about this post to the other board members. I'm just really bored in this afternoon and have nothing else to do. I love you all!
smile.gif

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

[This message has been edited by maomaonsx (edited 08 January 2001).]

Back