• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Experience with Prestige (CF Console)

I have been searching for a good quality carbon fiber center console for my NSX for quite a few months now. There have been many people who have 'guaged interest' from the community about making one, other vendors who have promised to make them, one vendor who sells them, but the quality just is not there, and another vendor that didn't seem to have their act together. Omey's Berlina (a fellow Prime member) attempted to purchase a CF console from Prestige, one of the only vendors that offers a decent one. You can view his thoughts on the whole experience here. Though Omey's experience was not the best, I decided that since Prestige is the only company right now that offers a decent one for sale, I would take the risk and order one. Here's my experience in a nutshell...

3/13
I contacted George at Prestige via email and told him that I wanted a LHD Carbon Fiber Console with the Head Unit deleted, ashtray deleted, and the coin tray cut-out. George emailed me back a few days later (3 days I believe, but I lost the email), and said that they had it in stock, but that the coin tray was deleted.

3/21
I sent payment to Prestige via Paypal...
01-Paypal.jpg

and later that day I received an automated email from Prestige...

Prestige said:
Prestige Body Kits
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 331
Detailed Invoice: https://www.prestigebodykits.com/products/account_history_info.php?order_id=331
Date Ordered: Thursday 22 March, 2007

Please send LEFT HAND DRIVE (LHD) for US VERSION. Thank you

Products
1 x Full Carbon Centre Console (NSX) (PRE-HOA-NSX-IP-FCC-C) = USD437.00
Sub-Total: USD437.00
International Shipping Zone 1 (Flat Shipping Rate): USD96.00
Total: USD533.00

When I paid for the item via Paypal, in the 'notes' I wrote Please advise me when you have shipped this item, thank you. It had been nearly a week since the order and I still had not heard or received anything from Prestige, other than the automated email. So I shot George another email...

3/27
ShiftyBob said:
Hello, I was just wondering when this order is going to be shipped out? Thank you

I waited a couple more days and still hadn't heard anything, so I went on Prestige's website and used their 'check your order' option. It had no record of my order, and I have yet to hear anything from anyone regarding my order... :mad:

02-web3.jpg

So I shot them another email...

3/29 at 4pm
ShiftyBob said:
Hello, I placed an order (order #331) over a week ago, and asked for you to advise me when you have shipped the item, but I have not received any confirmation yet. I also sent another email 2 days ago, asking for confirmation of shipment, but have not received a reply yet. Please let me know what is going on. You have already received a Paypal Payment from me,in the anount of $533 for the order over a week ago. If you cannot fulfill this order in a timely fashion, please refund the money, or inform me when you are going to ship the item. Thank you

a few hours later, the first correspondance I have received from Prestige since the order was placed over a week ago...

3/29 at 10pm
Prestige said:
Dear Robert,

It will be shipped out today.
The tracking number will be sent out to you shortly.

It was late (10pm) when I received the email, so I figured I would receive the shipping confirmation the following day. Much to my dismay... nothing. It wasn't until four days later that I received an email saying that it had been shipped.

4/2
Prestige said:
Prestige Body Kits
Order Number: 331
Detailed Invoice: https://www.prestigebodykits.com/products/account_history_info.php?order_id=331
Date Ordered: Thursday 22 March, 2007

The comments for your order are

Your item is shipped.
You can check the status of the delivery at:
http://app1.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp
Your tracking number is: EE74993******

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

and the following day I received an email from Prestige...

4/3
Prestige said:
Your item has been shipped.
You can check the status of the delivery at:
http://app1.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp
Your tracking number is: EE74993******

Then, finally, two weeks later...

4/4
03-Delivery.jpg

I have to say... the overall buying experience was not the greatest. But, I think the wait was worth it. I wanted the coin tray cut-out, but he said they didn't have it , so I was willing to give that up in order to get a CF Console. Much to my surprise, when the console arrived, the original design was with the coin tray, but it was covered up with another piece of CF. I feel that this may be the console that Omey was originally going to purchase, because he did not want the cut-out, but the console was made with it and George said they would cover it. Omey then decided he did not want the console, and I believe was refunded his money through Paypal. I also know that Scorp (another Prime member) has a console from Prestige, his has the coin tray deleted, and he is very happy with his. So I know Prestige makes them without it, but maybe this one was accidentally made for Omey WITH the cut-out. I also feel that these consoles may be made to order, which is why this would have been such a big deal between Omey/Prestige.

The quality of the console is pretty good. Scorp made reference to the console being a little thin, but they may have changed it since then because it doesn't seem too thin now. I also noticed in the pictures of Scorp's console, that his was raw CF on the back, whereas this one is not. The weave looks really good also. I don't think the console was used, but I feel it may have been sitting around for a while because it's got very minor wear on it (light scratches), and the back side was covered in dust. The overall finish of the console is OK. It could have used a little more attention to detail, but it's not bad. I think the console is worth the money, they just don't seem to have a good system set up for taking orders overseas, so it takes a little bit longer, with a lot of persistence. My only MAJOR gripe about the console is that it did not come with the mounts on the backside for the shift boot. This was not something that we had discussed, I just assumed that they would be on there. I have not contacted them about it yet, but maybe they just forgot to put them on?

Full.jpg

weave.jpg

coin.jpg

back.jpg

I should have a console from Tamoske here in the next couple of weeks. Once I receive that one I will compare them side-by-side and decide which I am going to keep. If I keep the Prestige console I am going to try and remove the CF plate covering the coin tray. Either way, when I am finished, I will have installed, and test fitted, consoles from Dali, Prestige, and Tamoske, and I will do a write up on all three...

From the one pic you posted showing the backside of the unit, there appear to be no underside mounting brackets for the coin tray, and therefore possibly the shift boot as well. Is that true? Are most aftermarket console covers manufactured in the same manner? I'd be interested to read your review of the Tomoske panel.

Back