• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My nightmare with ACR - need help/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
dnyhof said:
After reading this thread, ACR can plan on never getting an order from me. I'm in sales, and I fully understand that sometimes you have to make things right by the customer even if you have to eat it from a profitability standpoint. A long term customer who you have to give up a little to keep is worth more than not having them as a customer forever.

Ditto

jlindy said:
Nick has been extremely helpful and completely honest to me and everyone else on this forum. He will come out of his shoes to help someone out if he can.
Ditto. Nick is definately a stand-up guy, who is also a valued business owner here in StL. He is one person who I have no problem with as far as taking his word on something. IOW, if I were to ask Nick's advice on a part or vendor, I know the response ( if he were able to offer one) will be measured, objective and informative.

jlindy said:
What do you have your shop set up in Baghdad? I could set up a phone with cups and string faster than that.
Too funny J.

jlindy said:
However, considering your reputation and business are on the line, I would make damn sure that you come up with a logical explanation for everybody on this site if you want anyone to ever use you again. Think of all the influence we all have...word travels fast. Enough of the what you did or did not do, but how about what you are going to do. How would you feel if it were you. Do the right thing for not only Nick or your business, but for yourself too. :confused:
Well said.

Good news!

Finally heard back from Discover. I sent them information so that they could read and follow this thread, sent them emails from other dis-satisfied customers, sent them basically everything.

Well the day I had been hoping for has come - Discover has (Discover communication ID #1222046 from Jennifer) informed me that they now concider the matter resolved and the temporary credit has been made permanent.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me.

"Alex" Chi-Kuan Chiu - I don't hate you and hope you stop all this - refund people's money - appologize to all you have hurt with your "business" - and think about what you are doing with your business and your life.

Great news Nick! Discover Card is awesome! I'm going to have to start using my Discover card more often....

(But they never sent me my Discover2Go card that I requested like 5 times... maybe if they read this thread they can send me mine... :))

Nick,

Congrats!Atleast you got your money back...

It's really funny..I have been ripped off twice and both of them were using aliases...when I filed a formal complaint against them and after their(police) investigation I was told that the real name of one of the guy was
"Shu Leung Cheng" and the other guy I could not remember but sounds similar. Unfortunately both of them ran away with my money...darnnn...

:mad:

I should have just used my discover...:rolleyes:

Anyway..It was a expensive tuition fee..errr..I mean learning experience..

But dont be discourage about dealing over the internet..I've completed a lot of transaction and 99% of them are successful..

Be trusting while being smart...Discover is the answer:D

Thank you all so much!!!

Yes - I too have had many dealings and very few (but memorable) went bad. Remember most people are good and trust worthy but just as the internet makes it more efficient to get good deals - it makes it also a lot easier for unscrupulous people to scam your money. Also - with the sheer volume of crimes committed on the internet and the geographic diversity - it is making it very difficult on law enforcement to crack down in any meaningful way.

Known escrow companies, credit cards offering online and fraud protection, local pickup, and COD are really the only tools you have to prevent getting ripped off. It is especially difficult where the person / vendor has some history of positive transactions and you feel safe in sending your money.

Let's keep watching each other's backs.

Also - I am writing a HUGE letter of recommendation to Nick, Jennifer, and Cynthia in Discover's fraud department for not allowing this unethical treatment of a customer through their network to continue or go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back