• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My vintage boutique PC collection

Just wanted to share with you guys another passion of mine. During my teens, I always wanted a nice PC but could never afford one. I bought Maximum PC magazines and kept all the Alienware, Falcon Northwest and Voodoo PC ads. These boutique gaming PC's made a huge impact on me during that time.

It took me a couple of years to find these cases and build matching setups around them. To me, coming home to these 3 setups is like coming home to a garage with a Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche.

Falcon Northwest Mach V
circa 2008

Voodoo PC Rage
circa 2004

Alienware Area 51
circa 2003

*still piecing together
photo2-4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I use to program games on the Com64 then got into Ibm Clones most of which I still have and guess what they still work.
still have all my gaming systems with all the games. I am going to let my kids play them as I got them,so they can build up to the graphics of today so they understand how better they got.
so start off with pong, then 2600, then 7800, then Nintendo nes, then SNES, Nin64, then original xbox,sony ps, then 360/PS2, then Xbox One etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah and I am going to let them watch starwars movies like I did, IV V VI, I II III make them have the same questions I had

very cool stuff. I've always wanted a cool PC setup like that.

Mine always looked like this:

SuperTowerComputerBefore1.jpg

It was '01 and I dropped 3500 of my "life" savings on it. The bigger the better back in the day.

Those are so cool Aaron. Takes me back to my full-tower ATX Linux server with a Pentium-2. How I lusted after that stupid 17b Alienware gaming laptop.... I still sometimes think about picking up a Fragbox.

Now drive your damn car... :rolleyes:

My wife made me throw out my vintage collection which included my first PC, a DEC rainbow 100. She referred to it by a different name than collectable.

I use a Sun workstation from 1992 as a monitor stand:

sparc.jpg

14" diameter disk platter (from a DEC machine) that
I made into a clock face around 1982:

diskclock.jpg

A core memory board (circa 1960s) hangs on the wall:

core.jpg

core2.jpg

I've got two Commodore Vic20s in my attic, new still in the box....you've given me an idea....
I may have to experiment.

th_computer_vic20_01.jpg

wow so many cool computers. unfortunately I sold my collection back in college. had a C64, Amiga, and Mac 20th Anniversary.

Back