• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need advice...considering a relocation to the Bay Area, depending on prospects.

Norcal Primers,

I have been visiting the area a few times a year for a while now, and starting to consider the idea of relocation. Once again, I will be visiting for a couple of weeks beginning the 4th week of August.

For the last 2 years, I have been taking care of my parents while consulting on the side. The folks are in a better situation now, and it's a good time for me to get back on track.

My background includes both international business, and material science. At first glance, there seems to be more prospects, suited to my background, in the Bay Area than Memphis Tennessee. Fortunately, I have the added benefit of temporary living and transport already available around Piedmont.

But I need your help to understand the realities of the local career market & to network with industry professionals.

Any and all advice is welcome!

Thanks so much :)

What kind of industry are you looking to get into?

Also, have you considered the costs of living change compared to TN?

Those are the first things I would look into.

So looks like you never made it back to China? Maybe I'll see you in the Bay Area sometime. Shoot me an email with more details on what you're looking for.

What kind of industry are you looking to get into?

Also, have you considered the costs of living change compared to TN?

Those are the first things I would look into.

LOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Oh yes I certainly have - the delta is quite large!...this is my biggest worry for the short term.

Ideally, I want to pursue companies, project opportunities, jv's with China or the greater region of Asia & Japan. My background includes polymers and plastics, both RD & TS/marketing...but mainly on the more technical side. I've also been a bit of an entrepreneur, with goods trade and business franchising with the Chinese. My last gig involved dipping into global biotech industry - with one of the goals of providing a conduit for smaller more innovative US companies to access the China market.

I have an executive biography available as well.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

So looks like you never made it back to China? Maybe I'll see you in the Bay Area sometime. Shoot me an email with more details on what you're looking for.

Ni Hao buddy!

Just sent you an email.

Cheers :cool:

Back