• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help finding apartment in UCLA, advise please

I spent the last month making countless phonecalls to landlords in socal trying to find a place that is within walking distance to UCLA.

I found places that sounded good until I read the reviews such as kelton towers and club california condos.... They're supposed to be luxury apartments as they're charging $1500 per month for a studio.

Reviews say they never give your deposit back and club california has weird stenches at times + the workers don't respect your privacy.

Advice anyone? This is tough. I'll returning to my home country by the end of this month and if I do not find a place to stay in by then, I'm screwed.

I'm looking for a spacious studio or 1bed+1bath at around $1500 tops.

1. UCLA Housing

2. Instead of walking to UCLA, you can take the Big Blue Bus. This will allow you to live south of Santa Monica Blvd. Check the routes.

3. Craigslist and Recycler are good resources, as mentioned above.

If you really want to live close to UCLA (near frat row), prepare to be bent over on your rent and live in a run down place.

i use to stay at a place on santa monica and westwood. thats like a 5 mins bus ride to ucla its on glendon ave. i think they are 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apt
@ 2000 a month

Back