• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need recommendation on replacing rear wheel studs

One preventative maintenance item I want to take care of is replacing all of the wheel studs. I have and plan on tracking my car a few times each year. Some have experienced stud failure due to age, improper torque settings, not using hub rings with aftermarket wheels, hub ring failure, etc.

From browsing the DIY section, I learned doing this for the rears is difficult without proper tools. Cerritos Acura, where my car has been serviced before, won't do the job without also changing the hub bearings due to policy.

Can anyone recommend a qualified mechanic in the Orange County area (preferrably close to Fountain Valley) who can do this job and at a reasonable cost? I already purchased the studs and have them on hand. Thanks Primers.

Ramon at Niguel Motors or Shane/Mike and the gang at Autowave.

Ramon at Niguel Motors or Shane/Mike and the gang at Autowave.

Thanks Long. I did think of Ramon and Autowave, but thought a job like this was something they might not be suitable for.

well, i went to Ramon to install extended studs on my front hubs for spacers. he did them, and took his time. i know i'm not the only one to go there for stud installs either. you're safe at either place.

Back