• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need some advice.....

I was washing my nsx one day and after a few hours after drying i realized there were some small spots on the body everywhere. I thought at first it was just water spots so i ignore it till the next week. Then i decided to take the nsx out for a little cruise to ups to ship something to a prime member and took a closer look at the spots. i then realize it was paint missing everywhere from what seem to be some very strong liquid that flung on my nsx and has eaten my paint, when or who i duno. after a few days of thinking i realize my panels are exposed to air and water which will probably cause rust later down the line. now my question is should i file a claim through my insurance company (state farm) to get this taken care of or shall i just leave it and repaint the whole car out my pocket. if i take the claiming my insurance option will it bring the cost of my insurance up or any other bad consequences for making the claim? any advice would help a lot especially anyone that has been in this situation or knows someone that been in this situation. thanks

When you say bare metal, is it grey? Are you sure those aren't just water spots etched into the clearcoat? If so, they can be buffed out. If you have any doubts I would consult a good reputable detailer. As to rust, I wouldn't worry. Pretty much everything, including the entire body, is aluminum. So while some surface oxidation might happen, rust is no threat.

Of course over there in New Orleans someone may have spilled absinthe or some other volatile beverage on the car, in which case you will probably need a voodoo priestess to remove the resulting curses.

Last edited:
Back