• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Acura CD Changer Compatibility w/ '92 NSX

Hi,

I checked out the outstanding FAQs but could find no mention of compatibility of newer Acura cd changers with my 92 NSX.

For example, would a cd changer from a 98 Integra work with my existing head unit? If not, which years would?

Thanks for any advice...

Mario

At a minimum, the dash installation would require modification in order to use any sound system other than the OEM NSX one, since it's not a standard faceplate cutout.

thanks for the response. i'm not looking to replace the head unit. just add an acura oem cd changer six disc changer in the trunk from a later year model acura.

sorry if i wasn't clear.

Originally posted by mmuniz:
thanks for the response. i'm not looking to replace the head unit. just add an acura oem cd changer six disc changer in the trunk from a later year model acura.

sorry if i wasn't clear.

You don't need to spend the $ on an oem unit. I bought a new Alpine CHM-S620 (current model at the time) 6 disk changer and din adapter for ~ $250 from Wilman's about 1.5 years ago. Never bothered with the install bracket, just using cheesy velcro but the thing doesn't skip even when I've gone on fast drives

I did the same. Alpine is responsible for producing the OEM CD changer. So feel free to buy the Alpine unit and know you have the same product in hand. I modified the bracket to except the newer model CD changer, but it would skip if I wanted it to.
biggrin.gif
But no worry; someone came along and stole the thing anyhow!

Don't forget that if you buy an Alpine rather than oem CD changer you'll need to buy an adaptor cable to get the speakers into phase - costs about $30 and all the details are in the FAQ section.

All,

Just installed the M BUS 602 Alpine changer. I'm very pleased with the results. I was able to get the Alpine changer and the adaptor plus tax out the door for $244.11 Brand New!!! It sounds Awesome!!!

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

Kenji,
where did you purchase it?where is the patch cord to plug it in at?

Back