• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Corvette hurt NC sales?

Anyway to store the 2003 NA2?, it should appreciate as a classic car.

As good as the C8 might be it will depreciate quite a bit in comparison.

Good point regarding depreciation.

My son also reminded me that I was asked at the NE Region River Run, if I had to choose to keep either the 2003 or the 2017 which one would I keep - I said I’d keep the 2003, since quite a few NC1s are coming off lease.

Anyway, I’m enjoying configuring a C8 especially with the copious options compared to the NC1 configurator.

]
Your photoshopped in wheels look a whole lot better than the factory choices.

Yeah, just having fun with the Wheels On app.... I've got like twenty plus different looks. Amazing what wheels and a stance can do for a car

48361997792_8de93b3e0b_k_d.jpg

48351612146_f34fff3967_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
As good as the C8 might be it will depreciate quite a bit in comparison.

That's why I will daily it even in the winter and beat the piss out of it. Might as well enjoy it instead of worrying about a depreciating asset sitting in the garage. All of mine sitting in the garage are appreciating :smile:

A few enthusiasts might dabble in the C8 (lease it, fuck with it for a while, then sell it), but ultimately I dont think its going to move the needle that much.

One thing is for sure, it has already disrupted the forums. The C8 thread on Rennlist is 101 pages long.

MC

Just got back from my local Chevrolet dealer. Great experience and gave my deposit for one of the first allocation cars of 54 coupes. Pricing is estimated at under $75k for the options I want. Around August 15th the official pricing will be released and then orders get submitted. It is going to be hard to beat this car for bang for the buck.

Just got back from my local Chevrolet dealer. Great experience and gave my deposit for one of the first allocation cars of 54 coupes. Pricing is estimated at under $75k for the options I want. Around August 15th the official pricing will be released and then orders get submitted. It is going to be hard to beat this car for bang for the buck.

Doc - What's the 'coupe' designation? I thought every model was supposed to have a targa top? (removable and storage in the trunk :cool: )

Last edited:

No offence DocL, but maybe you shouldn't buy an early car, and wait until the General builds few and figures how to screw them mostly together.

I think you mean toupe....

Touche!

No offence DocL, but maybe you shouldn't buy an early car, and wait until the General builds few and figures how to screw them mostly together.

Maybe. But the C8 isn't as over engineered as the NC1 so I'm not worried. I can live with squeaks and rattles. My NSX was plagued with them and wind noise from day one.

Geez, if he waits for that he'll never get one!!

HA! I kid! I kid!!

It's going to take less time for me to get the C8 than it has for Acura to finally settle with me.

Last edited:

I’m not sure how well a thread about what a lemon the car is and how crappy GM is will go over on corvetteforum.

I’m not sure how well a thread about what a lemon the car is and how crappy GM is will go over on corvetteforum.

Why would I have a problem with a car that I don't even own yet. And I'm sure Chevrolet will be better to deal with than Acura.

Why would I have a problem with a car that I don't even own yet. And I'm sure Chevrolet will be better to deal with than Acura.

FWIW. The Chevy dealers are HIGHLY variable as far as service goes. I was lucky with the vettes I had, I knew the service manager and was well taken care of ...

GM has always had fitment issues but I’ve beat the hell out of my Vettes in the past (especially) my Z06 and they never missed a beat. My 2008 Z06 was my favorite track car. 505 HP 3100 pounds ... 7.0L V8.

I always worry about new tech in GM cars but the SBC motor has been around since the beginning of time. I am willing to be GM beta tester I’m so amped about this car.

MC

regardless of fit and finish the oem's are starting to embrace rear midengine as the performance advantage it is esp on track...although to be fair in sports car racing there are plenty of successful teams with front mid motors like amg, ford stang and bentley...next up should be a mid engine all electric....

The 6 GM cars and trucks that I have owned all have been VERY reliable. One of them more so than the NSX (yes, fanboys are butthurt when I tell them that).

So I know from personal experience, not hearsay that GM is solid.

Also, GM (and my many Mazdas) engine bay can handle 2000 psi of pressure washing every weekend with not a single hiccup or check engine light.

Honda? LOL like a European car.......

Got to check one out live and in the flesh in a sneak peek preview before the official "show" started at 4 for the public at Paradise Chevrolet here in Temecula yesterday

48375359761_982d7cb83f_k_d.jpg

Wow!!! If wife wouldn't kill me for dippin into the HELOC to buy a fifth car, I would have ordered a white one yesterday :smile:

Congrats Doc!!! You're gonna love it!!!

Last edited:
I haven't seen a C8 in person yet, but the more I check out pics and vids the more it looks, hmmm, not so great. It's certainly trying to be a Ferrari NSX, but it's seems be lacking that 'something'. I think the NSX lines are much more put-together, even though it's a little bland for me. The C8 looks like somebody just pushed in here, pulled out there and dragged lines a little bit until they quickly got tired of it and said MEH good enough. I just realized: It kinda reminds me of a kit car, albeit a well-done kit car. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see it in person.

I haven't seen a C8 in person yet, but the more I check out pics and vids the more it looks, hmmm, not so great. It's certainly trying to be a Ferrari NSX, but it's seems be lacking that 'something'. I think the NSX lines are much more put-together, even though it's a little bland for me. The C8 looks like somebody just pushed in here, pulled out there and dragged lines a little bit until they quickly got tired of it and said MEH good enough. I just realized: It kinda reminds me of a kit car, albeit a well-done kit car. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see it in person.

As someone who has seen it and sat in it..... I got to disagree with all of that.

It's a fantastic looking car...a whole new MR layout and still kept some of that Corvette lineage.

It has actual grills, no fake ones and it's lines are purposeful.... there is nothing "kit car" about this car.

It's a wake up call to every car company making expensive sports cars.....kinda like the original NSX was 30 years ago

Last edited:
I am #1 at my dealer right now.

It seems like very few dealers are charging a markup, other than in southern california of course.

Even small dealers are getting a few cars in the first batch.

Can't wait. Going to be a long five, six, seven months....

As someone who has seen it and sat in it..... I got to disagree with all of that.

It's a fantastic looking car...a whole new MR layout and still kept some of that Corvette lineage.

It has actual grills, no fake ones and it's lines are purposeful.... there is nothing "kit car" about this car.

It's a wake up call to every car company making expensive sports cars.....kinda like the original NSX was 30 years ago

Yeah bruh what's the deal with the Japanese and their beloved fake vents.

Civic R, NSX and now the new Supra, tons of blank black patterned plastic.

I'd rather that there just be plain bodywork, the fake vents detract from and totally cheapen the look.

Back